WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    6521a1t8korx.jpeg
    Way back pic, when rocky was alive, bullwinkle when she was younger and Floyd when he was a pup. Yogi wasn't born yet
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I am a total newbie to MFP so please forgive me any strange posts. I am 59 (in 11 days) and need to loose 100+ pounds. I have a lap band that is causing me pain so I am in the insurance approval stage of revision to VGS. After reading some of your posts I would like to join this group. I am hoping to make new friends and find support. Feel free to add me as friend.
    Marie
    Northport, AL

Welcome to you & other newbies. Keys to success are simple. 1. Log every bite and swallow, (Count calories). 2. Move more.

You will likely need a measuring device for portion quantity. I use a digital scale I bought through Amazon for a reasonable cost, and dishers (serving scoops in measured sizes) from a restaurant supply place in ¼ C ⅓ C and ½ C sizes. I always ate good food, but I ate way too much. The measuring devices helped me with portion control.

Moving more doesn't have to be drudgery. It can be fun. I take Yoga, ride bikes, and ride horses. All of them are fun, burn calories and build muscle. Others swim, dance, lift weights . . .I've met my goal but I stick around to keep myself focussed on health and because this group of women has become important to me.

Katla In Overcast NW Oregon
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Here's the article on my writer's group. I'm the one in the .middle of the picture.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pip love the puppy pics

Penny loved all of your pictures, both sets of kids are beautiful. I'm sure seeing the pictures of the houses that were destroyed hurt your heart. (((Hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • cfforbes327
    cfforbes327 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group? I'd love to join. So far my only goal to lose weight by eating less and moving more. Thought I'd give myfitnesspal a try since I've heard good things about it.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,791 Member
    Options
    Lisa~ nice article, and picked you right out anyway since we know your adorable face!!
    took the doggies for there walk, and said hello to the donkeys and sheep..
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lisa, tiny and mighty! Great article!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pip - sorry about calling Bullwinkle Yogi! They are so adorable.

Anybody care to join me on the biggest loser challenge from January through March? There are great challenges and support on that thread for people that want a little extra motivation.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10309962/initial-weigh-in

Stronglifts rest day

Goblet squats-3X5X 25
    Kettle bell swing-22X7X 25

<3

Mary from
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Second trip to the gym today ... Muscles screamed at first and then settled down when they realized more movement was inevitable! Will be drinking lots of water again...

My pooch is sick... He's been eating bunny doo and is now unable to hold food down ... He never learns ... We go through this every winter.

Pip ... One of my first thoughts after reading about Mary's experience with the vet was "Pip would've gone over the counter after her!"

Who wrote (it's vulgar to sweat)? Cracked me up!

Lisa ... Nice article!

Lilian ... Only a northerner would say five inches of soft snow was nice!

Kim ... Cool teal tints!

Terri ... Work your manic in that second ticket!

I have nothing planned for dinner ... Bad, bad, bad ... So I'm off of here and going to reorganize the freezer to see what I can use quickly. I know there's individually wrapped fish fillets... So thinking that will be tonight. Then I'll make a plan for what I find. Pretty certain there's enough in there to eat for a month!

Beth near Buffalo
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Lisa, tiny and mighty! Great article!

Thanks, Miriam... I never think of myself as the shortest one in the room... but pictures always show it that way! B)

But then, it's not the size of the dog in the fight... and you know the rest! >:)
  • mrbmlt
    mrbmlt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in May. I need all the support and motivation I can get, as I have 115 lbs to lose. I have an event coming up in May that will require a lot of walking so I need to improve my fitness and lose some weight before then. I am an emotional/stress eater so tips to help with this would be great. I work in health care and need to set a better example.
    January goals: log all food and exercise each day.
    do some exercise each day
    lose no more than 2 lbs a week so I can keep the wt off
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Second trip to the gym today ... Muscles screamed at first and then settled down when they realized more movement was inevitable! Will be drinking lots of water again...

My pooch is sick... He's been eating bunny doo and is now unable to hold food down ... He never learns ... We go through this every winter.

Pip ... One of my first thoughts after reading about Mary's experience with the vet was "Pip would've gone over the counter after her!"

Who wrote (it's vulgar to sweat)? Cracked me up!

Lisa ... Nice article!

Lilian ... Only a northerner would say five inches of soft snow was nice!

Kim ... Cool teal tints!

Terri ... Work your manic in that second ticket!

I have nothing planned for dinner ... Bad, bad, bad ... So I'm off of here and going to reorganize the freezer to see what I can use quickly. I know there's individually wrapped fish fillets... So thinking that will be tonight. Then I'll make a plan for what I find. Pretty certain there's enough in there to eat for a month!

Beth near Buffalo

Damn straight shrimp biscuit!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,791 Member
    Options
    I have a humungo dinner plate full of 5 different lettuce,and a 1/2 cup of taco beef, no cheese,no crunchy taco shells... for dinner
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nice article, Lisa. I wish I could join!

At the bottom of the page was a link to "25 airports you should avoid at any cost" and I couldn't resist checking it out. Of course the airport I'm flying in to tomorrow is on it, in 18th place.
    Good thing I'm not afraid of flying! smiley-laughing024.gif
    /Penny at the Pole
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Mary from MN -
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Anybody care to join me on the biggest loser challenge from January through March? There are great challenges and support on that thread for people that want a little extra motivation.

That link tells me I don't have permission. When I go to message boards and search it tells me there are 2 Biggest Loser Groups and you are not listed as a member of either one. I might want to join you if I can figure out how to find the discussion. Can you help a gal out?

Mia in MI

• fanncy0626
    edited January 2016
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Mary from MN -
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

That link tells me I don't have permission. When I go to message boards and search it tells me there are 2 Biggest Loser Groups and you are not listed as a member of either one. I might want to join you if I can figure out how to find the discussion. Can you help a gal out?

Mia in MI

Here is the name of the person that is in charge. You can message her and ask her about that. She may have to put your name on the list.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/usercard/74493402

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mia - you do need to join the biggest loser challenge group. Here is that link.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge

Would be so excited is you would join me on this challenge!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    xw95slna8fan.jpeg
    Hey , kb time
  • fanncy0626
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My DH did not have enough time to come and get me to take me to the vet because of his work schedule. My car engine blew up so I couldn't go there by myself. My DH stopped and talked to the vet by himself. He explained everything that went on with the brown haired girl. According to what he told me he told the vet everything that she did including the way she handled him during the shot and almost throwing him across the counter and saying here is your puppy as I was leaving. She is new there and no relation to the vet. I think the other ladies may be afraid of her were unsure what to do because of her behavior. The vet is going to have a talk with her because my DH told him that she would be the reason we would not be back there. The vet is also going to write me a letter of apology for the treatment of my puppy. My DH told him we would bring our puppy there but there could be no contact by the dark-haired lady. My DH is a businessman and very diplomatic. I on the other hand am not sure if I will go there again at this point I would say no. We were going to use that place is a boarding kennel. But I would not trust her alone with my puppy. I could see her as being very vindictive.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Thurs.MIL is improving.They are gonna move to a rehab place to get her stronger.
    Still not able to go up,feel so bad,but she understands.
    Hugs jane