WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Jane, I'm so pleased the news is good on your DMIL!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    I found this decluttering/organizing program.

http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/organized-home.html
    Here is her January calendar:
    ]
    Sign up with your email and you will get all the calendars and the year week-by-week as a downloadable PDF.

I sent in my email address and THAT was a HUGE mistake. I got 15-20 emails from this site and 90% of them were 'selling' stuff. I unsubscribed to this. I'd like the calendar; but, don't see any way to copy it from this site to one in Word or Outlook 2013.

Cheri NE Ohio

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Jane - I'm glad that you have good news about your MIL. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    xw95slna8fan.jpeg
    Hey , kb time

This is such a great photo. He looks so cosy.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Excuse me it was Flylady or something like that ... whatever it was I unsubscribed to it. I'll try this site and see what it does for me.
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    bxk838d8tthx.jpg

this is my god daughter and I - check out my hair if you look closely by my ears you can see a hint of teal - my hairdresser dyed the under neath teal. :p

A lovely photo of you both, great smiles.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    cosfled - where are you getting your calendar on this site? I'm not seeing it; but, maybe I expected to see it when I download the pfd=pdf (whatever) and all it had was just a blank calendar. I tried to copy yours but it would not let me highlight to print it.
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    odtm1bq8xtbr.jpeg
    Bullwinkle says Morning peepers

Love this photo as well, one gorgeous dog.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Cracker got 2 'new' toys (actually Christmas toys); but, that won't matter - they were 'on sale' for 75% off. She has constantly played with them since we got home. One in particular. Now she is laying down outside the bathroom waiting for DH to get out of the bathroom. She is fast becoming his 'shadow' as well as still being mine!

She is constantly chewing (or getting things in her mouth); this time I felt the rug after having her come to me (nothing in her mouth); but, went to check the area and DH had dropped a piece of tobacco. I'll have to get on to him about that. When I opened the page and went to January ... I don't know how many posts were on it; but it took up 4 solid pages.
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Penny - thanks for the pictures! Your kids look absolutely delighted to hold those baby kids!

Elaine - sound advice from PIP! I really do love your artwork!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Thank you. I will try the music that Pip suggested. Went for a 45 minute walk with my husband and have not long been home. Really enjoyed it but it is cold outside tonight. Trying to do different exercise combinations. My daughter came at tea time and she helped me de-clutter the back bedroom. - Feeling a lot happier.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    cosfled - where are you getting your calendar on this site? I'm not seeing it; but, maybe I expected to see it when I download the pfd=pdf (whatever) and all it had was just a blank calendar. I tried to copy yours but it would not let me highlight to print it.

http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/organized-home.html

Scroll down the page past the red email box to get her updates ect. and past the 1 page year summary. You should then see: Click here for your free 2016 schedule
    (opens as PDF in new window)

If you click on this the PDF should open with a 19 page entity with her introduction, explanations and 12 monthly calendars. If you still have trouble I can email the PDF to you!

Today's task was kitchen counters. Mine look significantly better.

Cheri NE Ohio
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Cheri - I've tried it twice and don't get what you are showing us ... just pages and pages of instructions or how to do things weekly. You can PM if you want to so that I will be able to copy it from there. Thanks.
  • csofled
    Options
    Just to clarify: Flylady WILL SEND YOU UMPTEEN HUNDRED EMAILS (MOSTLY SELLING HER PRODUCTS). But her program (which you can follow on her website) is good for getting in a cleaning of the home routine. Taylor Flanery's program has sent me nothing as of yet and she is the program that provides the monthly 15 organizational tasks.

Cheri NE OHio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,775 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Just to clarify: Flylady WILL SEND YOU UMPTEEN HUNDRED EMAILS (MOSTLY SELLING HER PRODUCTS). But her program (which you can follow on her website) is good for getting in a cleaning of the home routine. Taylor Flanery's program has sent me nothing as of yet and she is the program that provides the monthly 15 organizational tasks.

Cheri NE OHio

Yep ... You can get email reminders ... But that's your call. I really like her.

I'm feeling positively Heather-esque! Made Baked Flounder with Fresh Lemon Pepper (Cooking Light recipe), fresh steamed broccoli and found in the freezer previously made brown and wild rice with soft wheat and rye ! Yum!

• csofled
    Options
    Cheri - I've tried it twice and don't get what you are showing us ... just pages and pages of instructions or how to do things weekly. You can PM if you want to so that I will be able to copy it from there. Thanks.

Sent you a message! Email me your address and I will send the PDF to you!

Cheri NE Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Chris loved the lobster trap decorated tree!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I love FlyLady. I really do. Her book, Sink Reflections is great. The emails drove me bananas, though. I do not need an email to tell me to go to bed. LOL! And her website could use a serious declutter itself. And like Lenora said, the testimonials are not very cleverly disguised sales pitches. I will say her calendar is the best one I've ever used. I used it for years. Then the website was down or something when I tried to order the 2015 one, so we got an Erin Condren wall calendar instead. Talk about stupid tax! When my 2016 Flylady calendar came in (which actually started in August of 2015), we immediately started using it.

Taylor's website and decluttering calendar are much less invasive, but if you sign up for the email and the Facebbok group, you will get double reminders. Her articles will contain links to storage options from Amazon, but that is how she makes money yo keep her website free. She isn't obnoxious about it at all.

If you like the idea of FlyLady, have an iPhone or iPad, and are motivated by apps, I strongly recommend the app called HomeRoutines. You can customize the chore lists. It has also divided the month into zones where you can spend 15 minutes at a time in the current zone. The zones are not customizable, but the chores within them are. This app cost $4.99 when I bought it. I think it is worth every penny, but YMMV. You can customize weekly chores by the day if the week, biweekly chores, etc. you can put your exercise in your daily routine. It is a really nice app for the price. Last time I checked, however, there was no android version.

I think I've visited every decluttering website/blog out there. I have my favorites, but then I probably need an intervention. My nephew says I have organizers for my organizers. I wish I was as faithful to the cleaning routines, although I am getting better.

I'm really enjoying my new gym routine. I skipped yesterday because my thighs were so sore from steps and squats that I couldn't even get up and down from the potty without holding on. I did manage to do Sweating to the Oldies instead. I was back today and it went well.
  • csofled
    Options
    Thanks for the write up drkatiebug! :) Unfortunately I cannot find HomeRoutines for Android but there are several other ones that am will look into.

Cheri NE Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    Bike ride hm 2 gym- 12min, 144mhr, 14.8amph, 2.9mi = 111c
    Rowing machine- 20min, 51aw, 132mhr, 3164merers = 125c
    Physical therapy exercises at gym- 18min, 2sets, 10ea of 6 diff exercises = 31c
    Bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.30min, 143mhr, 12.6amph, 1.4mi = 77c
    Bike ride dome 2 hom, left on lincoln- 18.36min, 8.6amph, 155mhr, 2.6mi = 210c
    toal cal 554