WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rori- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day Celebrating!

Kimses - Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day Celebrating!

Terri - thanks! You are soooo lucky! I got a ticket too. 19, 21, 23, 40, 53 PB 21

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kimses good luck with next round of interview!
    beth keep on moving, despite the snow.

Let work stress get the better of me and ate 2 slices of pizza in seconds flat...logged it, owned it. Moving on.

Karen from ny

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Beca - At least it was not 'coke' ... I mean "Coca~Cola". That burns! Been there, Done that!

terri_mom - My Dad used to say that 'nothing brought out the worst in people than a family funeral'. I think he was right. My uncle was a real 'piece of work'. When my Mimi died, and he and my Mother took 1/2 of things (also picking things that we would like; I asked my uncle if he would sell me the other 1/2 of the china he had gotten. His response was ... "I've got 5 children." Two of them were step-children. When he died, his wife probably re-wrote her will and left out his children. I would not have put that past her. She never had anything to do with them. Their Dad was never there for him, climbing up the corporate ladder. Their mother, who I loved became an alcoholic because of 22 moves by the time the youngest child was in HS. No wonder they were estrange. That and he'd beat the oldest one with a belt at the drop of a hat. When my Mother was dying, he never came to visit her until she was in a morphine coma. What I remember about him coming was standing over her just looking at her. No love in him that I could tell.

Oh, as for the Powerball - I think all that play are thinking of ways to spend it. I would have to admit that I am doing the same; and, I don't care if I have to share it with several others. WOW! 1.5 BILLION $$$; that with a capital "B". That's insane! That's nearly twice the highest amount since the beginning of Lottery times. Some little old lady will probably win, and everybody in the world will try to help her spend it. I'd give a lot of it to charity (or set up a Foundation to buy and give away those special wheelchairs that allow out vets to go where they never could with a regular wheelchair. I hear they are very, very expensive and at the moment there are a limited few of them.

Lenora <3o:)B):)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lot of trouble learning how to post and respond to those who have responded to me regarding gastric bypass surgery. I just got this phone (iPhone 6s) just before Christmas and I'm still learning how to use it. So, would somebody please give me some tips? I appreciate all the help o can get. Thanks. :'(

one way to respond to someone is to click on "quote" and their post comes up and you can put your message below it.......or you can write a post and put a person's name at the beginning of the line and write a response....that's how to respond to several people in the same post.

Just keep coming back and experimenting and you'll figure out something new each time.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :)

Being away from this board for the whole day is hazardous....so many posts to read thru!

Today was my last day of physical therapy (6 weeks/2 times ea. week) for my compressed nerve. It was successful in quieting the offending area of my spine so no more tingling left arm and thumb. I just might miss being required to lay quietly with my head in traction finding my zen place for 20 mins. twice a week. In addition I learned all about using those elastic bands for strengthening my upper body. My therapist sent me home with a complete set! Almost like them better than free weights.

My phone wouldn't charge anymore so off the Best Buy for a new phone today. Best thing is they gave us a $150 gift card on the purchase of specific phones so a new phone cost us nothing, nada, zippo and we still have $32 left over. Upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S6 (from the S4). Nice phone. Quick learning curve.

Going to Chicago for a long weekend to visit with our kids. My birthday is Sunday I'll be 57 yo. Sigh. When did that happen?! Kids are planning a dinner out and our daughter is trying to get theater tickets.

My husband continues his job search. Has been going downstairs to his office each morning and again after lunch till around 5pm. Searching the web, making phone calls to contacts etc. Had phone interview #18 this week for a college in PA. God bless that man's determination. Been looking for almost a year now. He was able to get 2 months salary severance and 3 months medical coverage.

It has turned mighty cold here in NE Ohio. To be expected this time of year but always a shocker when you first step outside.

Welcome to all the new board members, prayers for all who may be suffering and blessings to all with accomplishments to celebrate!

Cheri NE Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Spin- 42min 82r 113w 16,9mi 11-15g = 403c
    physical therapy session #3 - 45min = 118c
    total cal 521

i'm sorry i haven't responded to anyone's post. when i get up, i barely have time to skim thru the posts, honestly, not really read them because i have to get on the bike and ride. when i get to work, the internet has been taken away and that was when i was able to get a minute and read and sometimes reply. now everything is on the phone. then when i get home, i gotta unpack and get ready for the next day and spend a minute w/kirby to see how he is doing. i do try to look to see if anyone is mentioning "pip" or addressing me and i will try to at least reply to those like i did to fanncy but that's about it. sorry i'm being a bad friend or supporter. i will be honest. i haven't read ANY bios that have been posted in here. some people are posting novels in this forum that i know i defintely don't have time to read those. at least i am being honest right??

my stretching exercises are going great, i have better extension with the shoulder. i was able to work out a deal of starting at 7am on the days that i have therapy sessions so that i can get off at 3:30 and i don't have to get off of work early for an hour w/o pay.

kirby is doing ok, he's chugging along, the doc thinks that he has a condition called "frozen shoulder", he is going to discuss his issue w/another doc. he sees another one on the 22nd for the spine. kirby has been back to work for 2 days now. today he said he got off 1hr early and used vacation time because he was worn out and he still has alot of unused vacation time, thank goodness. the end of this month will be the end of my physical therapy. kirby is continuing his at the hospital where he works.

please forgive me if i don't chime in like i used to. if you want to talk to me or ask me anything, make sure to say my nickname in bold preferably so i can respond. thanks peeps, love you all.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Today Shep is 9 weeks old. His ears are starting to stand up! Hilariously cute!

5gtle3d7p8gs.jpeg
    9qh967bkri15.jpeg

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mary, he is so cute!!

8b7uocrg1k04.jpg
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    b0u2ac0f4vbo.jpg

I had to laugh- this cat looks like the stray that has come to stay!!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Miriam - cute pictures!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    pkbsst39j91p.jpg

Thanks, also, to Heather for reminding us about this.....I use to be so harsh with myself and discouraged when I couldn't respond to everyone on the thread that I'd make no response and then feel really discouraged....now I just read as much as I can and respond as much as I can without kicking myself for not doing a better job.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Cute poocher pics fanncy!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Cheri - My Samsung Galaxy S4 is 'smarter' than I am. Still learning how to use it. One feature will work one day and then not work at other times. Frustrating; I've taken it to the Verizon place and there it works just fine. I refuse to go back. Voicemail does not work. Son actually set it up for me and I keep getting updates and don't know if I should do them or not, so I do them. As long as the phone, camera, and contacts don't go away and my ability to get a text message, I don't really care. Much easier than a flip phone to send a message; because it has a keypad.

pip34 - I feel for Kirby; I had a 'frozen shoulder' right before I had my rotator cuff repaired. First MD wanted to do surgery the Mnext day; I did not know that I wanted it; then, when I decided on it, he said I only had bursitis. Got my records and went to another Orthopedists and we actually discussed what he would do. He did more x-rays in different positions; and, when he did the surgery he sucked out a chip of bone of my shoulder joint and that was what was making my shoulder freeze up. Hope he finds out what is causing his.

Mary from Minnesota - Shep is cute! Love the ears. Cracker's ears sort of half-way stand up; when we say something to her she perks them straight up; when we fuss at her they lays them down flat. She is extremely vocal when one of us leaves the room, she will look you right in the eyes and whine with a lot of sass! If I tell her 'inside voice' if she barks at me, she goes back to the talking to us in a whine that has a huge range of sounds. She cannot stand for either of us to leave the room. If DH fusses at her, she'll get into her bed, and hide her head in the corner. We can't help but to laugh at her. She brings us so much joy. I think getting a 'rescue' dog was the best decision I have ever made. He's gonna be a 'big' dog looking at his paws.

Miriam - the black & white (Tuxedo) cat looks like my big boy. He is also a 'rescued' cat from the county's "Cat House". I bet there were 50 cats around there. Some locked in a cage and others roaming around freely. I was told that the some of the ones roaming around were not for adoption so I was surprised when I got Mr. Tux. He is a huge cat - close to 20lbs and such a 'love'. The girls at the vet are so surprised that he is so loving especially being an outside cat He'll go to them without a fight, put his arms around their necks, relax his entire body and start purring. I always get comments about him.

WOW!!! There is always 20 or more posts since the last time I come on; sometimes as much as 70+ if I miss a day. Then I only get to skim through them.

Lenora
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Chris – Thank you so much for posting your pictures. You look terrific! You should be proud of how far you have come. B)

Lisa – I also had a chuckle when you wrote that you have to warm up your car because it 33 degrees. Wind chill has been below zero the past few days. Today, we were supposed to get into the 30’s and it felt like a heat wave. It’s all relative.

Grammiekb – Thanks for the article on lemon juice and water. I’ve done that at different times, but maybe I need to add this to my daily routine.

Mindy – Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope this passes by quickly. <3

Tawnyasevere530 – Sometimes I read on my iphone and sometimes on my computer. When I read on my computer, I can open a word doc and take notes while I read. Then, I copy and paste my response into the reply section. When I read on my phone, it’s not so easy to respond to others. But, don’t worry, no one will be offended if you are not able to respond to their post. Just start with what works for you.

Well, I had an OK day today after a couple of days of just being lazy and unmotivated. Got up and did a half hour of Wii Cardio Boxing before work. Watched my eating most of the day. Then, had a pot luck dinner tonight at church. All of the people assigned to bring the main dish brought fried chicken (unplanned). LOL So, I did have one piece but then had salad and vegies. Couldn’t resist a little dessert but I counted it all.

Linda starting to thaw here in Iowa
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Thanks for the info grits
    Nite peeps
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mary - shep is iso darn cute. Had to show Jack. How could you not love a face like that?

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    iyh0tgnqa4kx.jpg
    I thot Jack said stand "behind" the post. He says he told me stand "beside" the post. :)
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well we had 4 Powerball tickets (1 for each family member). We matched only 1 number across all 4 tickets and it wasn't even the Powerball. Guess I will have to work tomorrow. I'm sure Terri had more luck than I did. B)

Linda not a winner in Iowa
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    WOW! Between groupon.com and monogramhub.com ... they are sending me emails daily trying to make me 'happy' about the purchase I made from groupon that I was supposed to use a coupon to get the greatly reduced price from them. When I went to groupon.com to redeem my coupons; it took me to a site called monogramhub.com and they billed me for the regular price of the necklaces for a total of $149.99+/- AFTER they swore they never got the order. How can they justify billing me for an order they claim they never got in the first place? I always check my statements. I was called by the "Fraud Prevention Department" about the charges and I told them what was happening. The charge for the greatly reduced price was charged to me by groupon.com. I really don't know how monogramhub.com got involved. I should have never gotten a bill from them in the first place. They have given me enough of a paper trial with their emails to bury them. I need to go through them and put them into chronological order. I swear it is a stack of about almost a 1/2 inch. I bet I have gotten more than 30 emails about the attempt at purchasing something. I told them that they were doing a classic 'bait and switch' which in GA is against the law. They should not have charged my account until the shipped them. That's what groupon did when I purchased a manger scene in early December; it showed up on my statement for Januaru. Today I received a confirmation that the price of the Fitbit would be credited back to my cc account within one to two cycles. I don't know what they think they are doing; but, I have already told my credit card company what happened and that I will 'dispute' the charge at full price; that was not what I was supposed to be paying. Waiting on paperwork; still hoping they'll get the billing straight and send me the damn necklaces; so I will have one for each granddaughter for Christmas this year. I don't think they realize just how far I will go to 'get even'. Like the saying, 'I don't get mad; I get even!" I have not had problems with other items I have bought from groupon.com. I rarely buy online anyway. Probably for this very reason. I wonder if someone won the Powerball? I know that I didn't. Well, Jimmy Fallon is one; and, after his interview with Danny Divito; I will go to bed. I have no interest in any big butted Kardashian. Night all!

Lenora
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

Hi gals,

Love the plank pic!!!

Mikes mom – WOW the picture is amazing – you look stunning

PIP – love you – top priority is Kirby and you, once things settle down you’ll be back. I for one, love the updates when you have time, but just keep on keeping on!

Read everyone’s post, no time to respond – sending good thoughts.--- lots of colds going around here, and I seem to be really tired so am fitting in extra sleep – although it could be 3mile walk, 2 hours of rose trimming, 1 hour of yoga and sewing…hmmm that could be why I am tired. I have been doing yoga one time a week now for 2+ months and I do love it, but I come home exhausted – and sometimes sore – anyone else doing yoga and finding the same thing? I work hard, but don’t think I am “over pushing” myself… maybe that it is just once a week.

Welcome to the 3rd Kim, there is me and Kimese and you – so funny that there are 3 Kims here – I don’t know another Kim in “real” life…I rarely met one even.

Welcome to all the other newbies tooo….

Kim from N. California