Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts rest day

Goblet squats-3X6X 25
    Kettle bell swing-22X8X 25

This is week five of my program and I have changed it up because they were actually on a deload. Instead I increased my reps by one each set.

Terri - that's too bad about your mom's side of the family. My sister put tags on the back of all of my moms things that she wanted. And she actually just took them. Some people are so selfish.

Mia - Go Pink! We named our teamShRed. Have you picked out a new name yet? We have a really good team leader. She made a list of all the teammates for us with their first names and where they are from. Good luck on your challenges!

DJ - One and a half hours is a lot of time to do anything! I can see why you had to take a break. Dancing is one of the more fun exercises to do though! Great job on getting 12 minutes in this morning. Thanks for the compliment on working on my form. When my form is bad I feel like I am not doing the exercise correctly. I hear so many stories from the ladies of their back for other part of their body going out on them and I would guess form has a lot to do with that and lifting too heavy.

Heather - i'm so sorry to hear about the difficulty with your phone and the sale of your property. A mild swear word is keeping your lips was probably well deserved!

Katla - I hope all goes well with you at your appointment today. I told other people about your dedication to exercise even with your energy. You are very inspirational!

Kimses - good luck on your interviews! It sounds like they are really looking for a very specific person. Once it's over and you have the job you will be relieved!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who told me how to get my recipes on this site.

Kimses - I, too, take a whole lot of medications that 'weight gain' is a side effect. I was putting on 1 - 1 1/2 pound a month. Didn't think too much about it until one of my MDs said, 'that's 12 - 18 pounds a year'. You need to do something about it. When I had an appointment with my GYN, he all but ordered me to go into the Medical Weight Loss Program they had at their office. It's expensive; but, I am getting very good results from it, losing 33.5 pounds since the middle of May. Now when I look at pictures taken of me at my DYS's wedding on 5/9/15; I cringe! There is a huge difference in the way I feel and look and move. I no longer have to get help putting on my shoes and now I have a pair of boots that I had not been able to find that would go over my calves before. I still prefer having a zipper in them regardless.

When DYS visited at Thanksgiving I had on a pair of 'skinny jeans'. He told his wife, who unfortunately was unable to come thanks to her 'ex' being a real D***H*** about visitation, so she had to stay home, that I was really looking good. She told him, next year will be different, it is her time to have daughter and they WILL all be coming to GA to visit. This is a man who took her to court no less than 6 times during the time they were in the middle of a divorce action. She was going to school full-time and basically had 'little or no steady income'. He'd take her to court over the stupidest things. Judge finally told him to NOT ever file another action in 'his' court or he would regret it - and they needed to get with a mediator to hammer out visitation and child support. They share legal custody; but, she has physical custody. Visitation is unusual from any I have seen as a former Paralegal; and she took a lot less in child support to settle it. Judge told him that if he ever filed anything against her - he would give her full custody, and his visitation would be confined to every other weekend and one day during the week or every other week, and he would double what he is now paying as child support. Now she is all settled in with a new profession and other things usually go as agreed. She's easily making twice what she made as a medical technician; and, she can make her own hours.

DYS's step-daughter just absolutely loves him and told her biological Dad that they were looking for some land to build a house on; and, his wife (ex's) - said, in front of DYS, DDnL#2's her parents and to the child, 'well THAT suxs, for you to not be able to see your Mom but only every other weekend'. Mouths dropped to the floor; and DDnL#2 blasted her for saying this and to stop telling her to call her 'Mama" ... she already has one and that one is herself. It's NOT like they would be moving very far, just out in the country from town. They exchange visitation times at the school where their son also goes. Surely he is not stupid enough to file for full custody. DDnL#2 has already told his wife to stay out of their business as it does NOT concern her. She wants DSGD to call her something other than by her name. He knows that he is not her "Dad". She once told her Mom that she knew she had only one Mom and one Dad; but, that she loves DYS more than she liked her 'step-mom'. She is always getting into trouble and being punished because their son whines and cries and tells them that she has hit him or said something ugly to him. He is only 4 or 5; and, she is 10. This woman is also one that broke up their marriage in the first place; but, she got what she wanted and according to DDnL#2 - he hasn't changed any. Like Tiger Woods' 'new' name "Tiger Cheeter". LOL!!!!! I know with my DMGD is around the DYGD, the youngest know what buttons to push to get her into trouble. DOS and DDnL#1 thinks she does no wrong. They're really going to have trouble with her. She's already bad. She loves her Papa and her other Nana; but, she steers away from me; because, she knows if she acts out, I will spank her.

I know that I had to go very low with my 'caloric intake' in order to be able to lose the weight I was carrying; 3 more points on my BMI - I will then be consider within 'normal' range of weight. I've gone from being 'obese' to 'overweight' and heading towards 'normal' and it feels good! I really have not decided what my goal is at this point; but, MD/nurse said what is most important is to get my BMI down 3 more points or maybe even a little more. We'll decide what is the best weight for me once I get my BMI down 3 more points. I eat just about what I want to eat; I just an very conscious of portion control and tracking everything I eat or drink. I no longer drink soft drinks such as cokes; I do drink a flavored carbonated drink; some like it, some don't. Sparkling ICE - I like the regular lemonade flavor the most. Don't like the tea flavored, mainly because I don't associate tea being carbonated. Don't like the grapefruit or the 'green' colored that much. Here, they are only $1 each for a 17 ounce bottle. ZERO Vitamin water is something I have also had and like, just not as much - really flat tasting. Have to make sure that the Vitamin water is the ZERO kind because the others have 120 calories in them. But I do drink a lot of water, because I know the carbonation draws out water from my body. I am also very aware of the number of calories I can have with one of my meals being a 'cooked' meal. What I usually do, since my DH eats his large meal in the middle of the day is to get several cuts of meat and package them individually in Cling-Free wrap with aluminum foil over that. Doesn't take them long to thaw out and then I can throw them in a pan and eat a couple of veggies along with it.

I'm getting to the point that I eat more 'regular' food just making sure I know how many calories are in a serving; and, I post my day's meals in the morning. Adjusting as needed such as when we are planning on eating out. The, usually I look up the restaurant and decide the things I have choices in eating and try to keep that 'in mind' in order to keep my weight off. I've always heard that 1100 - 1300 calories for a woman to maintain her weight and 1300 - 1500 for a man to maintain his weight; I'd gain weight if I consistently ate anything like 1300 calories a day. So I usually keep it around or under 1000 in order to lose; but, this is done with my MD/nurse keeping a check on it. I really think that some of my medications need to be lowered some; and, will check the next appointment on the 25th. One thing I have notice within the last couple of weeks is finding it hard to stay awake if I am sitting reading or watching TV. I really think you have to discuss your caloric intake with your MD to find out what he/she says you need to stay in, to lose weight. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit and I take a lot of OTC vitamins and supplements. Good luck to you. Just do it safely with your MD's input. Exercise is also key to losing weight. Start off slowly and work up from there. Walking is a fabulous exercise if the weather permits. I walk on a treadmill ... which can get rather boring. But, I break it up in shorter spurts doing it 2 or 3 times a day.

My DDnL#1 drinks at least 2 soft drinks a day. No wonder she is putting on weight; if she'd cut them out and drink water instead ... she'd probably find that will make her lose some of her extra weight. She does like water and if she put something in it, it'd have a lot of sugar in it. She's 5' 9"; but, the last time she said anything about her weight she told me she weighed 280lbs. So she probably has 100lbs or more to be in a 'normal' range. I think she has gotten so big that it is almost a losing [no pun intended] fight as far as she is concerned. She keeps thinking that there is a magic pill that she can take and lose all of her extra weight within a week or two. She never lost her 'baby' weight after giving birth to her oldest daughter who just turned 15 in December and was 'overweight' when she got pregnant with her 2nd one.

I've watched her eat before and she always goes back for 2nds. A lot of starchy foods as well; and, fried foods. Sometimes she takes her own meals to eat at lunchtime; other than that she grabs something from a fast food joint. I told her since she likes salads, that Olive Garden's (to go) salad only has 140 calories in it and wasn't a lot different in price than most fast food joints are. I don't know if she has taken me up on this. Probably not, I'm just the fire-breathing, dragon of a MnL B****! Oh well. She has not said one word about my weight; but, that's okay, too!

Lenora
  • Navagatress
    Navagatress Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to joining a community on-line. I'm looking to connect with others in their journey to achieve goals related to healthy lifestyles. My current issue is my large weight gain over the last challenging year - I've never weighed so much and been less fit! Anyway, I'm set on getting back on track, however this time I'd welcome the camaraderie of 'friends' who share their journey. Have I reached the right place?
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Chris, you look amazingly good -- I will try to keep the images in my mind as I try to process a depressing number on the scale today. I can do this, right????
    Trying to get work done but have skimmed through the posts a bit just now. So much going on!!! No time to type more.
    Welcome newbies!
    Betty ROC
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Terrible headache choking on mucous wracking fever w awful chills. Caught it from a girl at work last night whose first night back after having this. Too exhausted to prepare food. Bummed bc as it stands right now the Avalanche is going to see me today. Sent daughter out for an array of cold medicines. Hoping for a miracle cuz I had my heart set on ripping into that thing. Wha wha wha. Can't read posts either cuz my headache is so bad. Hope your all soaring. Will catch up later if my head hasn't split open.
    Mindy
  • fanncy0626
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Navagatress - welcome! This is a great place for motivation and support. What is your name? If you look through the last five pages you will find introductions that were made by people that have been on here since January and before. Feel free to friend me. Good luck on your journey!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • ToyaLea
    ToyaLea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Toya I'm 55 and in need of some support this looked like an excellent group! I've been struggling with my weight for years ! My first goal is go from 219 to 150 I am working with a nutritionist to help me . I would love to have some friends to help encourage and motivate me ! I would in return try do the same ! I would love to have you as a group of freinds!
  • chalcedony
    chalcedony Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Mindy. :/

Robin from MN
  • chalcedony
    chalcedony Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota - I'm impressed with your fitness regime!

Robin from MN
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Toya - welcome! You have come to the right place! There are lots of ladies on here that will give you motivation and support! Read the last five pages and you will find introductions from people that have been here since January and before. Feel free to friend me!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    This is the new purchase fanncy
    ToyaLea wrote: »
    Hi I'm Toya I'm 55 and in need of some support this looked like an excellent group! I've been struggling with my weight for years ! My first goal is go from 219 to 150 I am working with a nutritionist to help me . I would love to have some friends to help encourage and motivate me ! I would in return try do the same ! I would love to have you as a group of freinds!

Welcome!
  • medi_first
    medi_first Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ToyaLea wrote: »

I am I. The same place. I am 51 and have struggled to keep weight off. I too am 219 and a goal weight of 150. Don't know how to add friends yet
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    mtowne002 wrote: »
    Terrible headache choking on mucous wracking fever w awful chills. Caught it from a girl at work last night whose first night back after having this. Too exhausted to prepare food. Bummed bc as it stands right now the Avalanche is going to see me today. Sent daughter out for an array of cold medicines. Hoping for a miracle cuz I had my heart set on ripping into that thing. Wha wha wha. Can't read posts either cuz my headache is so bad. Hope your all soaring. Will catch up later if my head hasn't split open.
    Mindy

So sorry you're so sick Mindy. And to think you wiped me on that step goal yesterday! You were probably running away from those germs! Feel better soon.

Chris in MA
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Niece and baby are doing well. Niece had preeclampsia so they did the c-section. Baby weighs 4 lb + oz.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bkrimpet wrote: »
    Chris, you look amazingly good -- I will try to keep the images in my mind as I try to process a depressing number on the scale today. I can do this, right????
    Trying to get work done but have skimmed through the posts a bit just now. So much going on!!! No time to type more.
    Welcome newbies!
    Betty ROC

Yes you can Betty. I was addicted to nicotine and sugar, hated exercise and myself when that "before" picture was taken. Don't let that smile fool you, I was a very, very sad person. It didn't happen overnight and I replaced good habits over time. My weight loss was really, really slow, about 3/4 lb/week.

I'll be cheering you on!

Chris in MA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Been off a couple days so am behind again. Was busy the days I were off and feel good about that. I went walking with my friend at the mall yesterday and all she did was cry. I am really worried about her, going to meet today after work and hope she is doing better, we did a lot of talking.

DH and I went back to the doctor on Monday. He assured us that DH only has mono and it could take weeks to feel better. He did tell him he has to make himself eat or he will end up in the hospital with IV's. I do think that scared him as he has done better since, we also went and got a case of Boast so drinking a couple of those a day. I know I asked a lot of questions and feel better. DH went home from work at noon today as sounds like he has gotten a bad cold starting. Running a fever.

Chris--Sending hugs and prayers!

Rori & Kimses--Happy Birthday.

Mindy--thanks for sharing the pictures. I believe that you can do this. I have been working on cleaning my spare room so can get in, I still have my desk to clean and find the top to again. Thanks for sharing the movation to get it done. Sounds like you have a great start.

Heather--Beautiful view to wake up to each day.

Tawnya--I had the lap done two years ago and so far have lost 130 pounds. I did a lot of checking before I had the surgery, but I have been overweight since before I started school. Been on every diet know to man. I have two sisters that had the by pass and they lost the weight and then gained it back. I know several people that have the lap band and they are doing well. The biggest thing for me is that is can be ajusted for life. I have not had it ajusted for almost two years. My step dad had the lap band and when he had his heart attack and lost too much weight they went in and took the fluid out and it was just like he had nothing. Good Luck in whatever you decide.

Carol--Sorry to hear about your painful eye surgery. I agree that it should not be so painful. Pray that your eye is better.

Donna--What a cutie!! In the bottom of a box frull of clothes, how mean.

Beth--Proud of you for pushing thur and doing the exercise and not using the snow as a reason to skip.

I am sure enjoying reading each of our info. I am printing it off so hoping I can learn who each of you are. I am to the top of page 39 and about time to go meet my friend to walk. Have a good rest of the day.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Mindy - sorry that you're feeling so ill! Get plenty of rest!

Vicki - i'm sorry to hear about your friend not having a very good time yesterday. It sounds like she must be really depressed. Take care of yourself.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Chris in MA ... You look wonderful! Thank you for stepping outside your comfort zone and sharing!

Grammiekb ... Thanks for the lemon info. I was not the original poster who asked, but was also interested.

Welcome to the new people!

More snow today but not as blinding as yesterday! Of course, I'm done for the day ... Not going out again tonight!

I'm very, very hungry right now. Routine out of whack as I had to fill in as my son's aide this morning and then work directly after at my job. Son has food in his house, but he doesn't buy healthy so I skipped breakfast and lunch... Bad, bad, bad! This is what gets me in trouble. So here's hoping I can be very mindful of what I eat the rest of the day!

Carol ... How is your eye feeling today?

Mindy ... So sorry you got the crud!

Barbie ... Loved the planking pics!

Vicki ... Hope the mono doesn't complicate DHs cold.

Peach ... Glad to hear baby and mom are doing well!

Have a great evening ladies!
    Beth near Buffalo
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Janetr – The BFF picture is way too cute. The memory/surprise party joke had me giggling.

Pip – Rocky is a doll face. Awwww. Just reached Yogi’s picture.

Miriam – Are Spot’s eyes really that intense shade of green? What a sweetie.

Chris – Thanks for the before and after pictures. Very inspiring. You have come a long way.

Terri-
    terri_mom wrote: »
    I already took all their post-it notes down in the house (how rude is THAT, putting their names on post-it notes and sticking them to the backs of the items they want when my Dad dies?).

The only time that is not rude is when the person who owns the items requests that this be done. I’m feeling indignant on your behalf over the unmitigated gall of your family.

I am an only child and got all of my parents things. Well, Mom did have a note taped to one item asking me to send it to a family friend and I happily did so, but everything else was mine. Even so, Mom and Dad asked me once to go through their house and put a sticker on any item I really, really wanted. That way if they decided to get rid of something they knew to either give it to me or just sell it. But they asked me to do that, I didn’t just do it or assume everything was mine. After all, they could have left things to their church or to my cousins.

Carol – glad to see your niece and the baby are OK

Lenora and DJ-
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Lenora, if your lipstick is off your lips too soon, try Covergirl Longlast. If applied correctly, it literally stays on all day. Once I tried it I won’t wear anything else. Without lips I look way too washed out.

That’s the stuff! I knew I had purchased a lipstick that stayed all day long. I couldn’t remember the brand or name. It really does work when you need the lipstick to stay through everything – lunch, lip licking and all.

Like my new profile picture? My BLTC team has decided on Ninja Flamingo Posse as the pink team name. Hee hee.

January goals:
    Plan and log food in advance
    All changes to the above plan will be logged
    Weigh and measure all food that I prepare at home
    Get at least 15 min per day of aerobic exercise
    64 oz. water (or what counts as water for my program) daily

Mia in MI
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm off-lineish now but I'm swamped with work. Just looking in to say HI to the newbies and another HI to the golden oldies B)

Oh, and here's a special hi to Tracie, who asked about what veggies I eat. I achieve variety by having small amounts of lots of different vegetables every day. Nothing is ever "in season" up here. Everything has to be shipped in (or flown in). Our root veggies (carrots, rutabagas, beets) usually come from Scandinavia but we get bell peppers from the Netherlands and snow peas from Kenya or Guatemala. Globalization, it's called. Initially I had trouble eating an entire 500 grams but now my system has adjusted and I crave my veggies! :tongue:
    iw2g3f6vi3jq.jpg
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif

PS: I'm on the yellow team - the eLEMONators!