T-Rex Burger/IIFYM Success Story

MinimalistShoeAddict
MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
Below is a picture of my dinner from Wendy's this evening. I really recommend the T-Rex Burger!

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

If your local Wendy's does not know what it is, just show them the YouTube video, news articles or order a 3/4 pound Triple Cheeseburger with 6 extra patties.

I thought it was funny when the cashier asked me if I wanted to make my T-Rex Burger into a combo. I said "Of course! Everyone knows dinosaurs loved Diet Coke and French Fries!"

Order yours today to help satisfy your protein macro!

Mine was ordered with no additional condiments. Just one bun, 9 burgers and lots of cheese!
2740 cals, 42g carbs, 182g fat and 190g protein

Of course I also ordered fries (420 more cals) and a diet soda to wash it all down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9siiNyl9U
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/wendys-t-rex-burger_n_3422594.html

Yes you can eat like this and still hit your macro and calorie targets. I ate big meals all the time while losing weight quickly (almost 15kg) last fall/winter. All I did was eat less on some days to make up for days like today. I ran a lot, ate back all exercise calories and hit my goal every week (within a couple of hundred calories).

I regularly eat large pepperoni pizzas as well and have been able to maintain my ideal weight since January with about 10% body fat. I weigh about 62kg at 176cm. Training for my first marathon this October, I consider this to be my ideal weight. I will resume bulking later this fall when I am focusing more on weightlifting and less on running.

My secret is WEEKLY calorie/macro tracking. Despite multiple 7000+ calorie days I have been very close to my calorie/macro targets every single week since joining MFP last fall. I just make up for a big surplus on one day by eating less on others. Yesterday for example I set a PR for fruit and vegetable consumption. Today I ate a lot of fruits and veggies this morning before Wendy's tonight. Tomorrow I probably won't eat very much to help compensate for today. I also burn a lot of calories each week running and lifting weights.

My blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels are all ideal

Obviously I believe in IIFYM

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    pass
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    :drinker: I'm jealous!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Its too cooked .....
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I don't think I could make it through more than two patties. You're a champ!

I really just want a burger with an egg on it and I'll be happy. Might have to make that fit into my macros next week. ❥
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    inb4haters :tongue:

Love your style mate.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    I applaud Wendy's on the creative use of a spoon!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    i hope i live to see time travel or resurrected dinosaurs just so i can have a real t rex burger.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Below is a picture of my dinner from Wendy's this evening. I really recommend the T-Rex Burger!

11l35ev.jpg

If your local Wendy's does not know what it is, just show them the YouTube video, news articles or order a 3/4 pound Triple Cheeseburger with 6 extra patties.

I thought it was funny when the cashier asked me if I wanted to make my T-Rex Burger into a combo. I said "Of course! Everyone knows dinosaurs loved Diet Coke and French Fries!"

Mine was ordered with no additional condiments. Just one bun, 9 burgers and lots of cheese!

Of course I also ordered fries (420 more cals) and a diet soda to wash it all down

Yes you can eat like this and still hit your macro and calorie targets. I ate big meals all the time while losing weight quickly last fall. All I did was eat less on some days to make up for days like today. I ran a lot, ate back all exercise calories and hit my goal every week (within a couple of hundred calories).

I regularly eat large pepperoni pizzas as well and have been able to maintain my ideal weight since January with about 10% body fat. I weigh about 62kg at 176cm. Training for my first marathon this October, I consider this to be my ideal weight. I will resume bulking later this fall when I am focusing more on weightlifting and less on running.

My secret is WEEKLY calorie/macro tracking. Despite multiple 7000+ calorie days I have been very close to my weekly targets every single week since joining MFP last fall. I just make up for a big surplus on one day by eating less on others. Yesterday for example I set a PR for fruit and vegetable consumption. Today I also ate a lots of fruits and veggies this morning before Wendy's tonight. Tomorrow I probably won't eat very much to help compensate for today. I also burn a lot of calories each week running and lifting weights.

Exactly. That's what I do when I eat too much, just eat like one small meal the next day. You're not starving if you ate like 5kcals 24 hours ago lol.

Inb4 clean eaters put a hit out on you
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    whoa!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Most people who are against IIFYM are upset because they think you have to "eat clean" to lose fat, and they can't comprehend that someone can have an ideal body composition by fitting foods of their choice into their macros.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    I don't think I could make it through more than two patties. You're a champ!

I really just want a burger with an egg on it and I'll be happy. Might have to make that fit into my macros next week. ❥

Now I want a burger with an egg... One of my fav meals :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Mmmmm look at the grease pooling. Im so hungry right now...
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Needs bacon.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    :drinker:

That's INCREDIBLE! I hope to eat something like that one day :D Actually, my college has a burger like that and if you finish the whole thing you get a t-shirt and you don't have to pay for it. I was actually training last year to eat it as part of a competitive event, but the plans fell through :cry: Someday!!

Love your message, as well. I just posted a very similar topic the other day, actually. People don't seem to understand that it's what you do in the long run that counts, not what you do every single day. Weekly targets are a great way to go and thats what I choose to focus on as well. I'm still working on the whole "IIFYM" thing because I don't always hit my macros correctly, but I'm getting better at it!

Congrats on all your success!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Needs bacon.

I agree! Next time I will have to add bacon as well
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Most people who are against IIFYM are upset because they think you have to "eat clean" to lose fat, and they can't comprehend that someone can have an ideal body composition by fitting foods of their choice into their macros.

giphy.gif
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    :drinker:

That's INCREDIBLE! I hope to eat something like that one day :D Actually, my college has a burger like that and if you finish the whole thing you get a t-shirt and you don't have to pay for it. I was actually training last year to eat it as part of a competitive event, but the plans fell through :cry: Someday!!

Love your message, as well. I just posted a very similar topic the other day, actually. People don't seem to understand that it's what you do in the long run that counts, not what you do every single day. Weekly targets are a great way to go and thats what I choose to focus on as well. I'm still working on the whole "IIFYM" thing because I don't always hit my macros correctly, but I'm getting better at it!

Congrats on all your success!

Thanks!

Both Sonya Thomas and Takeru Kobayashi are very lean and healthy despite meals FAR LARGER than mine. They just exercise and eat on other days to prepare for and compensate for competition eating!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonya_Thomas
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    In and Out 100x100. Where is your god now?

20060125050438458_4.jpg
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    I won't eat that, not because I don't believe in IIFYM, but because I don't like burgers enough to eat that much. I eat fast food about 4 times a week and I'm still losing weight. If that guy can lose weight by eating twinkies and other sugary snacks, I don't see why you can't do the same by eating burgers.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

Yes you can eat like this and still hit your macro and calorie targets. I ate big meals all the time while losing weight quickly last fall. All I did was eat less on some days to make up for days like today. I ran a lot, ate back all exercise calories and hit my goal every week (within a couple of hundred calories).

My secret is WEEKLY calorie/macro tracking. Despite multiple 7000+ calorie days I have been very close to my calorie/macro targets every single week since joining MFP last fall. I just make up for a big surplus on one day by eating less on others. Yesterday for example I set a PR for fruit and vegetable consumption. Today I ate a lot of fruits and veggies this morning before Wendy's tonight. Tomorrow I probably won't eat very much to help compensate for today. I also burn a lot of calories each week running and lifting weights.

No offense but do you know what IIFYM stands for? (if it fits your macros). 182 grams of fat shouldn't be fitting your macros regardless of goal. IIFYM simply means that your meals, and subsequently your diet, need to fit the outline protein, fat, carbohydrate, and overall calories assigned. I think you're thinking of something else. "calories in/calories out" maybe.
  • AJ_G
    No offense but do you even know what IIFYM means? (if it fits your macros). 182 grams of fat shouldn't be fitting your macros regardless of goal. IIFYM simply means that your meals, and subsequently your diet, need to fit the outline protein, fat, carbohydrate, and overall calories assigned. I think you're thinking of something else. "calories in/calories out" maybe.

Apparently you don't know what IIFYM is...IIFYM specifies a minimum protein amount and a minimum fat amount to hit, there is no minimum carb amount, and there are no maximum amount for protein and fat as long as you don't go over your desired calorie goal. The whole point of IIFYM is FLEXIBLE dieting, he's doing IIFYM on a weekly basis and it's working perfectly, so check your facts attempt to give a lesson...
  • MinimalistShoeAddict

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

No offense but do you know what IIFYM stands for? (if it fits your macros). 182 grams of fat shouldn't be fitting your macros regardless of goal. IIFYM simply means that your meals, and subsequently your diet, need to fit the outline protein, fat, carbohydrate, and overall calories assigned. I think you're thinking of something else. "calories in/calories out" maybe.

I know what it means. You need to read my post again. I said I use WEEKLY targets not daily targets. I have a spreadsheet and track carbs, fat and protein targets every week. My daily intake can vary greatly. That is why I use weekly goals instead
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    No offense but do you even know what IIFYM means? (if it fits your macros). 182 grams of fat shouldn't be fitting your macros regardless of goal. IIFYM simply means that your meals, and subsequently your diet, need to fit the outline protein, fat, carbohydrate, and overall calories assigned. I think you're thinking of something else. "calories in/calories out" maybe.

Apparently you don't know what IIFYM is...IIFYM specifies a minimum protein amount and a minimum fat amount to hit, there is no minimum carb amount, and there are no maximum amount for protein and fat as long as you don't go over your desired calorie goal. The whole point of IIFYM is FLEXIBLE dieting, he's doing IIFYM on a weekly basis and it's working perfectly, so check your facts attempt to give a lesson...

agreed
  • Perplexities

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

I know what it means. You need to read my post again. I said I use WEEKLY targets not daily targets. I have a spreadsheet and track carbs, fat and protein targets every week. My daily intake can vary greatly. That is why I use weekly goals instead

Read the entire thing before I posted. you're arguing If it fits your MACROS doesn't include the macro nutrient carbohydrates, why wouldn't it? Never heard of anyone ever doing IIFYM on a weekly goal with success.I can understand IIFYM working on a daily goal simply because your body is getting everything it needs every DAY. with a weekly goal, sometimes you're over consuming macro nutrients and sometimes you're under consuming both do little to help you.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    I'm having deja vu.

Edited because I'm illiterate and jumped to conclusions. Derpy derp. Carry on with your IIFYM and IF success! :drinker:
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    I applaud Wendy's on the creative use of a spoon!
    I agree!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

Read the entire thing before I posted. you're arguing If it fits your MACROS doesn't include the macro nutrient carbohydrates, why wouldn't it? Never heard of anyone ever doing IIFYM on a weekly goal with success.I can understand IIFYM working on a daily goal simply because your body is getting everything it needs every DAY. with a weekly goal, sometimes you're over consuming macro nutrients and sometimes you're under consuming both do little to help you.

I do track carbs, along with fat and protein. Everyone who practices Intermittent Fasting (such as myself) would benefit from weekly macro tracking. Of course on fast days, you would be below your average macro targets, so you would make up for the deficit on other days during the week.

If you want to argue about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting then that is another topic.
  • Perplexities

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

I do track carbs, along with fat and protein. Everyone who practices Intermittent Fasting (such as myself) would benefit from weekly macro tracking. Of course on fast days, you would be below your average macro targets, so you would make up for the deficit on other days during the week.

If you want to argue about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting then that is another topic.

It just seems like running in place. too much protein in one day, excess is wasted. to much fat on one day excess may be stored. too little protein on other days, muscle gains suffer. fasting a day, if you're lifting on a "Fast" you're literally breaking down muscle mass. I just don't see the benefit of weekly goals. I read two other people say "Carbs aren't a part of IIFYM" in this thread. Didn't mean to say that to you.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    It just seems like running in place. too much protein in one day, excess is wasted. to much fat on one day excess may be stored. too little protein on other days, muscle gains suffer. fasting a day, if you're lifting on a "Fast" you're literally breaking down muscle mass. I just don't see the benefit of weekly goals. I read two other people say "Carbs aren't a part of IIFYM" in this thread. Didn't mean to say that to you.

Excess protein? LOL

Fasted training can be very beneficial too, please see Intermittent Fasting.
  • AJ_G

Fats are essential to bodily function, they are important for nutrient absorption, brain function, and hormone production. Proteins are necessary for muscle protein synthesis and the amino acid availability in your body determines whether or not your body will build muscle as a response to weight training, or whether your body will break down muscle for energy if amino acids are not present. Carbohydrates are not essential because all that they do is supply the body with energy which can be taken from fat stores if need be. If you'll notice, I never mentioned that you shouldn't eat carbs, I think carbs are very important as they are your body's preferred energy source, but the most important thing for IIFYM is that you hit your protein and fat minimums first, then fill the rest of your remaining calories with whatever you want, I fill my entire Discretionary Calorie Allowance with carbs. Please do some research on nutrition...