T-Rex Burger/IIFYM Success Story

1235»

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    I'm kind of fascinated by the technique used to actually eat that! Seriously, do you use a fork? Start biting from the top? It should come with instructions.

It eventually fell apart so I did have to use a fork and knife at that point. At first I followed the method used by Furious Pete. I just ate slower and made less of a mess than he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9siiNyl9U
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Below is a picture of my dinner from Wendy's this evening. I really recommend the T-Rex Burger!

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

If your local Wendy's does not know what it is, just show them the YouTube video, news articles or order a 3/4 pound Triple Cheeseburger with 6 extra patties.

I thought it was funny when the cashier asked me if I wanted to make my T-Rex Burger into a combo. I said "Of course! Everyone knows dinosaurs loved Diet Coke and French Fries!"

Order yours today to help satisfy your protein macro!

Mine was ordered with no additional condiments. Just one bun, 9 burgers and lots of cheese!
    2740 cals, 42g carbs, 182g fat and 190g protein

Of course I also ordered fries (420 more cals) and a diet soda to wash it all down

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/wendys-t-rex-burger_n_3422594.html

Yes you can eat like this and still hit your macro and calorie targets. I ate big meals all the time while losing weight quickly last fall. All I did was eat less on some days to make up for days like today. I ran a lot, ate back all exercise calories and hit my goal every week (within a couple of hundred calories).

I regularly eat large pepperoni pizzas as well and have been able to maintain my ideal weight since January with about 10% body fat. I weigh about 62kg at 176cm. Training for my first marathon this October, I consider this to be my ideal weight. I will resume bulking later this fall when I am focusing more on weightlifting and less on running.

My secret is WEEKLY calorie/macro tracking. Despite multiple 7000+ calorie days I have been very close to my calorie/macro targets every single week since joining MFP last fall. I just make up for a big surplus on one day by eating less on others. Yesterday for example I set a PR for fruit and vegetable consumption. Today I ate a lot of fruits and veggies this morning before Wendy's tonight. Tomorrow I probably won't eat very much to help compensate for today. I also burn a lot of calories each week running and lifting weights.

My blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels are all ideal

Obviously I believe in IIFYM

No offense but do you know what IIFYM stands for? (if it fits your macros). 182 grams of fat shouldn't be fitting your macros regardless of goal. IIFYM simply means that your meals, and subsequently your diet, need to fit the outline protein, fat, carbohydrate, and overall calories assigned. I think you're thinking of something else. "calories in/calories out" maybe.

I know what it means. You need to read my post again. I said I use WEEKLY targets not daily targets. I have a spreadsheet and track carbs, fat and protein targets every week. My daily intake can vary greatly. That is why I use weekly goals instead

My question is, if you hit your body with massively more than it needs on that one day, what does it do with the excess? Is it processed, excreted or stored as usual or does something magical happen because it knows that you'll need it two days later?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    i hope i live to see time travel or resurrected dinosaurs just so i can have a real t rex burger.

It probably won't taste very nice, because it's an apex predator and meat tends to taste less good the higher up the food chain you go. Plus it's a reptile, although I think people eat crocodile and rattlesnake so if you like those then you might like a t-rex.
    t-rex%2520chicken.jpg

An apex predator bird like an eagle would be a better comparison. But even so, dinosaurs were reptiles, not birds. And mammals are also descended from reptiles, and mammals taste different to birds and reptiles.

A blind tasting test to see who can identify whether any given sample of meat is a bird, reptile or mammal would be an interesting experiment to partake in. Bring on the meat :drinker:
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    i hope i live to see time travel or resurrected dinosaurs just so i can have a real t rex burger.

It probably won't taste very nice, because it's an apex predator and meat tends to taste less good the higher up the food chain you go. Plus it's a reptile, although I think people eat crocodile and rattlesnake so if you like those then you might like a t-rex.
    t-rex%2520chicken.jpg

An apex predator bird like an eagle would be a better comparison. But even so, dinosaurs were reptiles, not birds. And mammals are also descended from reptiles, and mammals taste different to birds and reptiles.

A blind tasting test to see who can identify whether any given sample of meat is a bird, reptile or mammal would be an interesting experiment to partake in. Bring on the meat :drinker:

I would suppose it tasted like crocodile, crocodiles being archeosaurs and all. But then, a rabbit tastes nothing like a hare so.......
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Below is a picture of my dinner from Wendy's this evening. I really recommend the T-Rex Burger!

11l35ev.jpg

fypgzp.jpg

If your local Wendy's does not know what it is, just show them the YouTube video, news articles or order a 3/4 pound Triple Cheeseburger with 6 extra patties.

I thought it was funny when the cashier asked me if I wanted to make my T-Rex Burger into a combo. I said "Of course! Everyone knows dinosaurs loved Diet Coke and French Fries!"

Order yours today to help satisfy your protein macro!

Mine was ordered with no additional condiments. Just one bun, 9 burgers and lots of cheese!
    2740 cals, 42g carbs, 182g fat and 190g protein

Of course I also ordered fries (420 more cals) and a diet soda to wash it all down

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/wendys-t-rex-burger_n_3422594.html

Yes you can eat like this and still hit your macro and calorie targets. I ate big meals all the time while losing weight quickly last fall. All I did was eat less on some days to make up for days like today. I ran a lot, ate back all exercise calories and hit my goal every week (within a couple of hundred calories).

I regularly eat large pepperoni pizzas as well and have been able to maintain my ideal weight since January with about 10% body fat. I weigh about 62kg at 176cm. Training for my first marathon this October, I consider this to be my ideal weight. I will resume bulking later this fall when I am focusing more on weightlifting and less on running.

My secret is WEEKLY calorie/macro tracking. Despite multiple 7000+ calorie days I have been very close to my calorie/macro targets every single week since joining MFP last fall. I just make up for a big surplus on one day by eating less on others. Yesterday for example I set a PR for fruit and vegetable consumption. Today I ate a lot of fruits and veggies this morning before Wendy's tonight. Tomorrow I probably won't eat very much to help compensate for today. I also burn a lot of calories each week running and lifting weights.

My blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels are all ideal

Obviously I believe in IIFYM

No offense but do you know what IIFYM stands for? (if it fits your macros). 182 grams of fat shouldn't be fitting your macros regardless of goal. IIFYM simply means that your meals, and subsequently your diet, need to fit the outline protein, fat, carbohydrate, and overall calories assigned. I think you're thinking of something else. "calories in/calories out" maybe.

I know what it means. You need to read my post again. I said I use WEEKLY targets not daily targets. I have a spreadsheet and track carbs, fat and protein targets every week. My daily intake can vary greatly. That is why I use weekly goals instead

My question is, if you hit your body with massively more than it needs on that one day, what does it do with the excess? Is it processed, excreted or stored as usual or does something magical happen because it knows that you'll need it two days later?

You are basically asking a question about intermittent fasting which is a topic discussed in other threads.

Here are a couple of places you can look for more information:

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/1/7.full
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting/#axzz2H
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

You can also join the MFP IF Group here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • MinimalistShoeAddict

t-rex%2520chicken.jpg

I would suppose it tasted like crocodile, crocodiles being archeosaurs and all. But then, a rabbit tastes nothing like a hare so.......

I agree about a taste test being the right solution!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    It's so strange what some people choose to be fanatical about.

Also this...

duty_calls.png
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    If that works for you, that's cool. I get more of the feeling that you are trying to make a statement to people who eat leaner or different styles though, which is all about individual choice.

eat leaner? I literally have no idea what you are talking about.

You must mean in respect that no one has a 7000 caloric intake in a day. But you've compensated for your indulgence.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    cool story bro
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    6 month follow up! I have continued to eat burgers and pizza in large quantities along with broccoli, spinach, bananas, strawberries and cashews. I am close to my calorie/macro goals every week. I am currently in the middle of my first bulk which I started after my October marathon. I have gained a few kg since this summer while increasing strength and maintaining my goal body fat percentage.

I recently had my cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure checked. All my numbers were perfect. I am faster and stronger than I was a year ago and am excited to lift more and run further in 2014. I plan on running my first ultramarathon this year.

There is no reason why you have to give up the foods you love in order to reach your goals!