T-Rex Burger/IIFYM Success Story

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Seeing as you can't unhinge your jaw, OP, HOW did you eat that monster?

I tried to use the technique I learned from the person who gave me the idea (Furious Pete). However I ate slower and made much less of a mess than he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9siiNyl9U

32zjchs.jpg

6iy7f6.jpg
    For the record, I stand by by calorie estimates. Note that unlike Furious Pete, I ordered mine without condiments. I think he just took the standard 1120 calorie estimate from the Dave's Hot 'N Juicy™ 3/4 lb.* Triple and multiplied it by three. Since the T-Rex only has one bun not three, 3360 would be an incorrect calorie calculation

So, a bit like corn on the cob... I like it :laugh:

I don't eat meat, so this is more fascinating than mouth-watering for me.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    If you want to learn more about Furious Pete (who gave me the T-Rex burger idea) watch his 3 minute YouTube Official Documentary Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrIQSLdTUk

His background is very interesting. He is a former anorexic who transformed into a competitive eater and bodybuilder

600 pound deadlift:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJIMLp9mE-0
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    In college we had a challenge called " I am all that is man" I think it started from Super Troopers. Anyways, someone will make up a challenge and then someone has to one up them. One day while Wendy's we found out you can add an extra patty for 89 cents, needless to say started with 6 then 8, 10, 12, 14, this happened over a couple of weeks ago the Wendy's staff knew us. We would come in and time someone as they did it, finally when we ordered the 16 patties one the manager told us this is getting out off hand and she can't in good conscious let us keep doing it.

I wasn't the guy who formed the 16 patty burger but I was able to fit the 8 patties one in my mouth and take a bite without breaking it to smaller parts. To this days my friends joke about the amount of meat I can fit in my mouth.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    In college we had a challenge called " I am all that is man" I think it started from Super Troopers. Anyways, someone will make up a challenge and then someone has to one up them. One day while Wendy's we found out you can add an extra patty for 89 cents, needless to say started with 6 then 8, 10, 12, 14, this happened over a couple of weeks ago the Wendy's staff knew us. We would come in and time someone as they did it, finally when we ordered the 16 patties one the manager told us this is getting out off hand and she can't in good conscious let us keep doing it.

I wasn't the guy who formed the 16 patty burger but I was able to fit the 8 patties one in my mouth and take a bite without breaking it to smaller parts. To this days my friends joke about the amount of meat I can fit in my mouth.

Sounds like a fun college challenge to me!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    The thread is getting off topic at this point.

I had no idea the thread would turn into a discussion about BCAAs and Intermittent Fasting.

I don't understand. You have over 900 posts on MFP but you haven't figured out that the forums are a cesspool of know-it-alls, experts and half-wits? :laugh:

But I love the burger, totally would eat that. Now I have another reason to go to Wendy's, thanks! :wink:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    In and Out 100x100. Where is your god now?

20060125050438458_4.jpg

I bet Sonya Thomas or Takeru Kobayashi could eat that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonya_Thomas
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

That is my complaint about this meal. I don't like burgers I can't pick up and take a bite out of.
    Although it does look good.
    That and OP ordered no condiments. :huh:
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,089 Member
    I will never understand how 10 medium quality patties are better then two... I'd rather have high quality burger.
  • dizzleLA
    dizzleLA Posts: 5
    thats it homies IF, IIFYM and leangains.. didnt belive it till i tried it now i live it and preach it
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Multiple Burgers + cheese = :heart:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    i hope i live to see time travel or resurrected dinosaurs just so i can have a real t rex burger.

It probably won't taste very nice, because it's an apex predator and meat tends to taste less good the higher up the food chain you go. Plus it's a reptile, although I think people eat crocodile and rattlesnake so if you like those then you might like a t-rex.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    I will never understand how 10 medium quality patties are better then two... I'd rather have high quality burger.

I am not going to claim Wendy's makes the worlds best burgers. That being said, I like challenges and enjoyed this burger. Identify a restaurant that will serve me a better cheeseburger with 9 patties and I might give it a try!

I like to try new things. Has anyone tried this burger?

orplys.jpg

I made one very close a few months back by combining a Bacon Cheeseburger from Red Robin with a Glazed Donut

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/meet-1-500-calorie-craz-e-burger-beef-patty-bacon-cheese-krispy-kreme-donut-article-1.380749
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    In for square burgers!

Yeah. I'd like a square burger or two, and cheese.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    No thank you
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Theres a place by me that sells a 4 pounder with a pound of cheese one it... i was sweating my *kitten* off half way thru...

You sweat when u ate this monster? Whats your next challenge? Ive wanted to eat as many potstickers as I can or eat a ton of pizza puffs.

ETA: This isnt exactly the concept of IIFYM, but, its not like it was wrong to do. This is more along the lines of what people try and despise IIFYM for. That being said, you said you eat a lot of vegetables and fruits and stuff and I'm pretty confident that you do follow IIFYM as it was meant to be interpreted. This, however, does not exemplify the protocol in its entirety, as im sure you're well aware.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

That is my complaint about this meal. I don't like burgers I can't pick up and take a bite out of.
    Although it does look good.
    That and OP ordered no condiments. :huh:

customer: hi.
    Wendy's employee: may i help you?
    customer: yes, i'd like to order.
    Wendy's employee: what can i get for you?
    customer: T Rex, please
    Wendy's employee: huh?
    customer: that's a cheeseburger, with 8x patties and 8x cheese.
    Wendy's employee: umm, ok. would you like a drink with that?
    customer: yes, a Coke please.
    Wendy's employee: regular or diet?
    customer: diet.

:wink:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    As a T Rex, I am thoroughly offended at the lack of caveman in this burger. denied.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Yes you can be a lean mean fighting machine eating like this.

Medical science also says you are far more likely to die young of coronary artery disease or heart attack. I'll pass.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member

I had no idea the thread would turn into a discussion about BCAAs and Intermittent Fasting.

I don't understand. You have over 900 posts on MFP but you haven't figured out that the forums are a cesspool of know-it-alls, experts and half-wits? :laugh:

But I love the burger, totally would eat that. Now I have another reason to go to Wendy's, thanks! :wink:

I believe you've had your share. Based off your profile pics, I'd assume you're the reason "T-rex" isn't around anymore, Stay safe.

Just stop. Really. You are just making yourself look worse by lashing out with ad hominem attacks.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member

I believe you've had your share. Based off your profile pics, I'd assume you're the reason "T-rex" isn't around anymore, Stay safe.

Just stop. Really. You are just making yourself look worse by lashing out with ad hominem attacks.

Ad hominem attacks?
    I didn't give you a reason to respond with such a statement.
    Did someone learn a new word today? how cute.
    +1 for you.
  • BrainyBurro

Medical science also says you are far more likely to die young of coronary artery disease or heart attack. I'll pass.

if you eat it every day, maybe.

where did the OP say he eats cheeseburgerosauruses every day?

or even every other day?

or even once a week?

strawman arguments are for people without facts to support their opinions.
  • Perplexities

where did the OP say he cheeseburgerosauruses every day?

or even every other day?

or even once a week?

Generally people do IIFYM so they can continue eating foods many would deem "unhealthy" Sugars, saturated fats, etc.

It isn't a huge leap to assume that OP and most IIFYM advocates eat that way fairly often. Though I wont comment on whether I even agree with this this statement

"Medical science also says you are far more likely to die young of coronary artery disease or heart attack" Source?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Wow.

Either I misunderstood this post...

...or that was remarkably crass and inappropriate.
  • Perplexities

Wow.

Misunderstood.
  • BrainyBurro

or even every other day?

or even once a week?

Generally people do IIFYM so they can continue eating foods many would deem "unhealthy" Sugars, saturated fats, etc.

It isn't a huge leap to assume that OP and most IIFYM advocates eat that way fairly often. Though I wont comment on whether I even agree with this this statement

"Medical science also says you are far more likely to die young of coronary artery disease or heart attack" Source?

if you think IIFYM is all about justifying eating binges, then you are completely mistaken.

IIFYM is the set of all healthy eating strategies that exist. there are subsets that some adhere to (such as clean eating), but those are just subsets. by definition, subsets of a set share the properties of the set. hence clean eating is an IIFYM strategy too.

the difference is that clean eater fills their "extra" calories with "clean" foods after meeting their macros. IIFYM'ers fill their "extra" calories with whatever they want after meeting their macros. the "clean" eaters get to feel smug about being 100% clean. the IIFYM'ers get to enjoy ice cream and pizza and cheeseburgers from time to time with their extra calories. i'd rather have occasional pizza than perpetual smugness.

not saying YOU are smug, just that a lot of clean/paleo/primal people are well-acquainted with how to act smug about their diets.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    orplys.jpg

This is one of the foods I really want to try and I'm not entirely sure why...
  • MinimalistShoeAddict

or even every other day?

or even once a week?

if you think IIFYM is all about justifying eating binges, then you are completely mistaken.

IIFYM is the set of all healthy eating strategies that exist. there are subsets that some adhere to (such as clean eating), but those are just subsets. by definition, subsets of a set share the properties of the set. hence clean eating is an IIFYM strategy too.

the difference is that clean eater fills their "extra" calories with "clean" foods after meeting their macros. IIFYM'ers fill their "extra" calories with whatever they want after meeting their macros. the "clean" eaters get to feel smug about being 100% clean. the IIFYM'ers get to enjoy ice cream and pizza and cheeseburgers from time to time with their extra calories. i'd rather have occasional pizza than perpetual smugness.

not saying YOU are smug, just that a lot of clean/paleo/primal people are well-acquainted with how to act smug about their diets.

Well said. Here is an interesting video on "Clean Eating" vs IIFYM (If it fits your macros) by Dr. Layne Norton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8

kdtyl5.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    double-post
  • jofjltncb6

Wow.

Misunderstood.

I'm having trouble figuring out an alternative interpretation...

...but I'll take your word for it...

...since you seem like such a decent, upstanding guy.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member

Really? You aren't joking?

Not only every physician I've ever spoken with, but also:

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-lower-cholesterol-risk
    http://www.cdc.gov/cholesterol/

And before someone picks at the word "young," lets just say "young" is a relative term. "Younger" would have been a better word choice.