Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

shining-elevator-bleeds-o.gif

KSRBJNB.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If my pain meds kick in, yeah, lol. Otherwise... impossible. But it's improved since I lost weight.
  • callasm
    callasm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am right now, I push through my work outs, I promised my self six days a week I would work out and I plan to stick to this!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Have you not seen the adverts? Apparantly during our periods we can ski, handglide, moutain climb, wrestle with cougars, which is amazing because I cant do any of that s**t when Im not on my period. Power Periods!

hahaha yes! You are awesome!

- I don't typically workout the first day, but I always just stick to my calories.

Here's a tip for cramps ladies - calcium. Take a calcium with magnesium supplement (magnesium allows your body to absorb the calcium), and it Really helps with cramps. Holistic cure that works pretty well, especially if you catch them early, or do it in advance.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Wait, what was the question?
  • GetNew81
    GetNew81 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes.
    I don't get cramps, and the only pain I feel is a headache usually the day before. So I exercise throughout. I have kind of a heavy flow and working out helps reduce it.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yoga, really long walks, bike rides, everything I normally do. I would get terribly depressed if I didn’t exercise during that time.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Of course... it's not a disease, affliction, wound or injury.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    always. No excuse unless I've injured myself. The movement will actually take your mind off of it and maybe make you feel better. When I was in high school - many moons ago - I was on the tennis team - I'd have a nasty cold and have tennis practice after school and it never failed, as soon as I started moving around, my cold felt so much better.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started mine Fri n usually the first 3 days are bad with cramps but yes I do workout. Of course the scale isn't my friend from being bloated and what not but yea it actually helps with the cramps
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    2 Naproxin Sodium tablets (Alleve) right at the time my cramps start REALLY helps! Also, if the cramps are too intense, some walking does help (Not intense). Due to bloating, sore boobs, sore back, I can't do anything too intense. I just take the dogs for a walk around the block It does help me, physically and psychologically.
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I always do for two reasons. First, it helps with the cramps. Second, it helps with my moods. It may take more effort to get there, but I'm always happier afterward.
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do because it helps ease the cramps and the exercise helps me combat the cravings if I resist and work off the cravings if I don't.
  • warataraw
    warataraw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I come from a family of serious yoga teachers (including me) and in yoga it is VERY important to NOT train your abs while menstruating. Doing so can increase all sorts of problems with your reproductive system.
    That being said, I take a couple of easy workout days and then exercise as normal, except for abs.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't get any pain; also it's very light, lasting about 3 days. So yeah, business as usual.