no diet soda

Options
12346»

Replies

• Biggestloserlisa
    Biggestloserlisa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I gave up soda's\fizzy drinks period. The first week was the hardest. After that I was fine and still going strong.

• peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight I drank a lot more water than I do now. I also ate a lot more sugary and fatty foods. Sure, some people say that I was just drinking all that water because overweight people sweat more but my gut feeling tells me differently. Clearly over consumption of water made me crave sweets and kept me fat. Thank God I switched to Diet Coke and no longer have this problem. Four years and going strong! Celebrate!
  • jessicaloves7
    jessicaloves7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have not had any diet soda for 5days. Yay. So proud of myself...

Way to go Lisa!!! I am on Day 5 of logging all my meals - it feels great to almost have a week under the belt - right!!!

And I think you are right on track. Diet sodas can wreak havoc - maybe not in the most straightforward caloric way - but chemically, for the taste buds, for future appetite and cravings, nutrient depletion, addiction... On and on. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a legitimate Doctor, RD, or trainer who would actually recommend this as a dietary staple.

And guys - keep in mind - Coke and Pepsi has paid millions of dollars to fund "positive research" about their products. They are in BUSINESS. Know where your facts are coming from!
  • Biggestloserlisa
    Options
    Thank you and congratulations to you.want to be fribds on here.. I'm a CHRSTIAN myself...
  • Biggestloserlisa
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    When I was overweight I drank a lot more water than I do now. I also ate a lot more sugary and fatty foods. Sure, some people say that I was just drinking all that water because overweight people sweat more but my gut feeling tells me differently. Clearly over consumption of water made me crave sweets and kept me fat. Thank God I switched to Diet Coke and no longer have this problem. Four years and going strong! Celebrate!

• Biggestloserlisa
    Options
    Thank you Peter... and congrats on yourcweightloss journeym
  • Biggestloserlisa
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »
    Diet soda for sure triggers me to want more sugary items and kind of leaves me with an unfilled hungry pit in my stomach unfortunately. It makes me feel dehydrated too and sometimes headaches are for sure a thing. Unfortunately; -( love diet coke..

• Biggestloserlisa
    Options
    Thank you Sarah