Helloooo anybody there?
  • bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can do it! One step at a time
  • brandynbongo
    brandynbongo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Still here. Got busy with work, fell off the wagon a few times.... Most importantly though is that I got back on... And tried to make at least SOME healthy choices amid unhealthy selections...
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back, it was lonely in here. Lol
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Ugh back to physical therapy for another month. The knee cap is not tracking properly so it basically partially dislocated with every movement and now the cartilage at the back of the knee cap is cracking and forming an arthritic cyst. If therapy doesn't work then I will have to decide if I want to just suck it up and deal or try surgery. They think I need testing to see if I have a joint syndrome playing in here too.
  • momgorjus
    momgorjus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Jess!
    Yours is the first chit chat that caught my eye. Took me awhile to even figure out how to post a reply! I was where you were about 10 years ago at 215 and am now down to 165, up from my lowest of 146. I seem to keep gaining & losing the last 20 lbs, but what the heck, I'll take it! Keep logging and give yourself little motivations. Mine was "40 by 40" (40 lbs lost by age 40. I ended up losing 70! You can do it!! I'm joining you, and now my slogan is "150 by 50" two years to make the new goal. What is your first goal??? Hope it's a little one! You need lots of successes along the way!
  • momgorjus
    momgorjus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    & Hi Stacy too!! I hear your post!
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Not sure where the last couple of days went. Lol. Trying to get ready for classes to start again. Pt tried taping my knee in place for a couple days. Trying to get a knee brace but so far because of my size that is a bit of an adventure. Hopefully will have one tomorrow.
  • jess_donoghue
    jess_donoghue Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Stacy are you still here?
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    I am sorry, been busy trying to get ready for classes on Monday and the wife has the stomach flu. Went yesterday to get my books and find my classes. Talk about making the knee swell up, the whole leg is now about twice its normal size and has gone numb again. But the knee brace should arrive at the pharmacy this week and hopefully that will help.

How are things going? Missed you, glad you are back.
  • will_lift_for_tacos
    will_lift_for_tacos Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You got this sweetie. I started almost at where you are, 215 at 5ft tall. I'm now down to 127. Almost to my goal weight. Just keep going and don't lose focus. You got this! I'll be excited to see your progress!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Ok, shake my head! Swift kick up the proverbial, and we got this AGAIN!
    So I'm going to be honest and start fresh, so I consider this Day 1/365...
    I'm staring back at exactly 218lbs and for some reason I'm still only 5'4.5". I didn't grow upwards at all lol.
    Ok day today and I'm slowly coming out of this horrible funk I've been in. At work and my Fitbit died but I'm still logging an average of 15,000 steps a day. Lots of lugging beer cases, and if I actually eat right I should be 140 in no time! Thanks for still being here! I can't do this alone and it means a lot to have this support!
    We got this!!!!! Xo
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Funny how we never seem to vertically lol. I am trying to get back into the swing of school. This quarter I am on campus which is going to be good for the step count. Still waiting on the knee brace, it will not arrive too soon. Lol.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Knee brace is here! Back to square one with all the forced inactivity but been averaging 5,000 steps a day since classes started.
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Hi! this is day 33/365 for me. I have tried many times to no avail, but so far I have been sticking to it and not taking much effort to do so, so I guess my body, mind and soul are all saying this is the right time. I started at 220, lost 3 pounds the first 20 something days. I only allow myself to weigh on the 1st of each month, and I take progress pics the 20th of each month. I would love to be part of this daily log idea. Seems like we have similar weight loss goals. Not too worried about weight, but want to get back to a size 12 (Smallest I have ever been) and my ultimate goal is a size 10. I have PCOS so it is a struggle, and I need motivation like no other. I get discouraged with slow results and having an outlet to that negative energy is important. I just posted a challenge to help make me work my abs. I have been swimming and my legs and arms are slimmer, but my fat tum tum is still fat. Need to tone it.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Welcome! I am afraid that with 4 classes this quarter I am having a little difficulty remembering to post here. Lol. Homework keeps getting in the way.

New knee brace is really helping, I have been averaging 2.5 miles a day walking around campus. So far it has not hurt near as bad as it had been.

Well back to it.
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today is day 38/365 for me. Work is kicking my butt and keeping me tired mentally, but I am still forcing myself to go to the gym at least 3 days a week and to do SOMETHING everyday. Staying consistent with my eating habits and feeling pretty good considering the long stressful hours at work. Hope you guys are managing well. Just wanted to check in! Have a good one.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    @jess_donoghue

What's up?!?

I know you started fresh but it's been April the last we heard from you. How's it going?
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    @stacyhaddenham

What's up?!?

Are you still doing the 4 classes? How's the knee? It's been a while with an update.
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Ok folks! I'm trying this again! Anyone still around???
    1/365 - I'M DONE!! I cannot and will not function the way I have been! My doctor recommended doing diet Doctor which is low .... And I mean LOW.... Carbs. I am deleting sugars and limiting my carbs to 25 grams per day.... It's been 4 days and I'm not doing too bad, but cannot stop my large double double coffee in the mornings... I'm already starting to feel better and am coming off of my detox withdrawals.... Sugar highs will be no more!!!
    I hope everyone is doing well. I wasn't! Failed miserably but am not willing to give up on myself yet! I'm worth it and I've got this!!!
    See you tomorrow for day 2!!!!