Day 1/365

Options

Replies

• stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good news, I can now start to work myself up on the bike to 30 min. With that and my pt exercises I should start getting a good workout everyday. Hopefully it will stop hitting so bad soon. The leg is no longer numb which I have decided is not a good thing. Lol. Who knew I would ever want back the numb tingly sensation. Ok whine fest over, back to it!
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Today was a good day, got 15 min on the bike without any pain and even managed to do my ball rolls without getting "stuck" on the ball. It is a relief to see some progress even if the pain doesn't seem to be getting any less.

Jess, you haven't posted in a couple of days. I expect at least a smiley face tonight!
  • jess_donoghue
    jess_donoghue Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Stac! Really bad couple of days. Eating is ok, but I'm still fighting something and I'm tired all the time. Blah, winter! Blah, work! Blah, alarm clocks .... Lol!
    I'll be back xo
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    You have been fighting something long enough that the mom in me says "it's time to go get checked".
    Got on the scale today and I am just 2 lbs away from dropping my first 20 since I have been back on here! Even with all the crappy eating. lol
    Today I am going for 15 min again on the bike with the exercises then tomorrow we will up it to 20 and see how that goes too!
    Now we got this, and no excuses for leaving me on here talking to myself . lol
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    I'll go to the dr. Next week sometime when I have 5 minutes...
    Day 45/365 - wowzer! My baby girl is 13 today! I'm sad and excited! Sad for me because it means I really am 43, and excited for her! When did I get past 29 years old....
    Eating ok today, but she wants Chinese food for dinner so I will have to make up that somehow. The dog is going for a run tonight lol. I'm off this weekend but have 12, 12&13 year olds coming for dinner and then 1/2 of them are sleeping over. Then Sunday we are having a family dinner so there will be 19 of us.... What was I thinking????? Meals are planned, but I know i will have cake and not log it properly so I need to plan more activity.... Does anyone live close to Whitby so they can come and kick my butt?? Hahaha
    Yes Stac!!! We've got this!!! My weigh in is Sunday (gulp)
    I'll be back, and WE GOT THIS!!! ;)
  • brandynbongo
    brandynbongo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just seeing this thread for the first time today... And I think it's awesome. I think I'm on day 45...? Of logging in and keeping myself accountable - even when I eat crap.. Though I'm finding that MFP is really helping me make proper choices... Happy to be on the same path as you all... Feel free to add me. I'm down and out with the zombie flu today (I really thought once the apocalypse happened, I'd be one of the ones who fight it out.. Turns out I'm one of the ones who gets sick right in the beginning lol) so if I don't make it, good luck with the rest of your journey... You've got this!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Hi Brandy! Welcome. To join you have to post regularly, and be able to kick butt! I'm doing terrible with both, but do as I say, not as I do! Lol!
    Hope you feel better soon!! If you become the walking dead let us know a head of time so we can unfriend you! Just kidding, you're stuck with us!
    I'm of to celebrate my girls b-day and start the weekend of overeating... Combined with the weekend of over moving I promise! Lots of activities planned for optimum calorie burn ;)
    Be back soon!
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday baby girl!!!

Just a suggestion. If you get Chinese food and you want to eat it lol, just get your order with the sauce on the side and steamed and also brown rice. That's the way my hubby gets it when he is being good. I just probably wouldn't order it at all cuz I want all the fat and salt lol. But do as I say not as I do. Lol ;)
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Day 47/365 - ok! My eating went to crap!!! I've got a lot of making up to do this week lol.
    I'm exhausted so am going to bed! I had 13 twelve year olds Saturday night, 7 slept over then had 17 for dinner tonight! Watched a bit of the Oscars and now going for a nap before my alarm goes off waaaaay to early tomorrow! Waaaaahhh!
    No worries! We got this!! Night all! Xo
  • brandynbongo
    Options
    My eating went to shiza this weekend too with being sick.... Lots of Ho way and tea and soup... Not as many leafy greens as id like and definitely no work outs. Feeling a little better today - not like dying, so I'm having a big salad for lunch before heading to work this afternoon.... Hopefully I will have enough energy to start my workouts tomorrow. Man I sure notice the difference my body feels without them!!!
  • brandynbongo
    Options
    Ps: thanks for having me!
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Completed week 2, weighed myself for the first time since i started and lost 7 pounds (3.5 pounds a week). Whilst i understand that speed of weight gain isn't healthy, i feel more comitted then ever to finally get in good shape so will be aiming to settle into a steady 2 pound a week weight loss eventually. Don't want to get complacent but thankfully my job requires i walk 6/7 miles a day so even the odd cheat here and there doesn't dent my enthusiasm. Treats include a medium sized popcorn at the cinema, 2 home made cheese burgers one saturday night and even a mac donalds for lunch.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Yesterday was mom's birthday, so let's just call it a list cause. Lol. So far So good today.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    So far so good again today. Managed 15 min on the bike without any pain which is strangle exciting. Got my new phone set up and the wife has cleaned out my purse. Lol.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Way to go on the weightless Marty! That's awesome!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Hello!! I have no idea what day it is....
    It's something /365 - eating healthy, check. Exercise was a non-starter this morning, so someone kick me!!! Logged my food, and I would be down 14lbs in 5 weeks if I ate like this everyday!!! Could I??? I've gotta try.
    Hope all is well with everyone! Stacy, how are you doing???
    We got this!
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Consider your butt kicked. I am doing good so far. Girl scouts have it in for me, watch out for adorable little girls selling cookies. They got the wife. Lol. Knee is not improving, so a couple more sessions in pt and if no change then it is back to the drawing board. Sigh I am really hoping it is just slow to heal.
  • brandynbongo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So been out of the game for a week... Got so sick I was ready to crawl in a hole and die! Yesterday and today are the first two days I've been able to get on the treadmill for some activity.. After 5 mins yesterday I noticed I was still a lot more congested than anticipated! Alas, I hiked thru it and prevailed. Hope everyone is stickin to their guns! Holy crap it's already March!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Day 50/365 - I think!??
    Kids have been sick and I've had my first headache since I've had my Daiths pierced ( did I mention that?) it's not a migraine so I'm still a believer in what I did (my god am I ever!!!) it's sinus related so whatever the kids had I do believe it's come my way.... Maybe this will kick the other crappyness I've been feelin g to the curb as well!
    Girl guides are my worst enemy Stacy so I know your pain. Last year I bought 10 boxes to "help" a coworkers daughter.. That was my reasoning!! Bahahahaha! She is thankfully on Mat leave so I may be saved this year!
    I'm working late tonight and I've got some soup and crackers packed already for dinner. My weigh in is on Sunday so we shall see! GULP!
    Got to go make some honey lemon tea for the kiddos! I'll be back!
    We have so got this!!!!
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    The pollen count is climbing here so the asthma is starting to talk to me. But so far it is not too bad, hoping to avail the dreaded steroids this year. The knee is badly swollen so taking a night off. Physical therapist says that next week she is going to submit a progress report to the ortho recommending an mri. Neither of us happy with my progress or all the swelling and pain at this point.