Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Session was pretty good. Hernia held up.

Technically I squatted a gym 3rm, 2rm, and 1rm all at same time since I never squatted this weight before. Bench & deads were average.

My opener for the meet will be a PR and should be in the area of 400 lbs.

Thanks for support fam.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Regionals tomorrow! Excited and terrified all at the same time! :D Hopefully I'll be posting some PR videos on here!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you guys!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Regionals tomorrow! Excited and terrified all at the same time! :D Hopefully I'll be posting some PR videos on here!

Break a leg...:)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Break a leg...:)

Same. :p
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFpat1afmVs&feature=youtu.be

270 lb deadlift
    2 weeks out until USAPL Regionals
  • JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not lifting related, but set a new PR on my vertical jump!

• Chieflrg
    Options
    USAPL Northwest Regionals. I hit 8/9 lifts. Only failed on my 3rd bench. Best lifts - Squat 225 lbs/102.5kg Bench - 150 lbs/67.5kg Deadlift - 374.8 lb/170kg. (My apologies if bench and squat lb conversion to kg is off a little. Not my strong suit. :p )

https://youtu.be/YOV8AgjPKqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZa9y0OCxsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzfmrY-Vje0

Strengthy
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I've hit a wall. Weakness in my body that I have just tried to muscle through, just doesn't work anymore. Since being injured last year I've done my best to meet or exceed my pre-injury levels, which I have. 335 bench (+20 lbs), 535 deadlift (+5 pounds), 425 squat (same). However, you can't outlift bad form and deadlift or squat with weak hips. So it's time to take a step or two back and work on my deficiencies and take a small break from powerlifting to fix those problems and work that bottom of the pyramid and increase my GPP and conditioning.

I'm still going to SBD but at sub-max levels.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Ok what are you?!? Damn I hope to be able to squat that one day if my hips recover

It's taken me many, many hours of training with my coach and doing workouts on my own since 2015 to get to where I'm at. I'm very fortunate I have a great coach who is also a powerlifter and has a lot of knowledge and expertise.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've hit a wall. Weakness in my body that I have just tried to muscle through, just doesn't work anymore. Since being injured last year I've done my best to meet or exceed my pre-injury levels, which I have. 335 bench (+20 lbs), 535 deadlift (+5 pounds), 425 squat (same). However, you can't outlift bad form and deadlift or squat with weak hips. So it's time to take a step or two back and work on my deficiencies and take a small break from powerlifting to fix those problems and work that bottom of the pyramid and increase my GPP and conditioning.

I'm about to go backwards on the SSB to start correcting my squats- I feel at 300 I can go no higher with the taco hinging going on in my lift. Soooooooo backwards in a few weeks- I have a private session set up with one of the trainers who specifically focuses on internal mechanics and what not- so I expect to get some progess from that. We'll see- but you and me my friend- we'll hang out together in the remedial section.

(upside I had a nice 325 pull the other day- hoping bench and deads can continue to move along while I unfark my squat)
  • jmarq3428
    jmarq3428 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @jmarq3428 wrote: »
    I know this isn't much compared to everyone else but I'm very proud of my 130 lb. deadlift. I just started lifting weights for the first time in April. I'm 60 years old. My family and friends think I'm crazy but I just love it! I've lost 45 lbs since January-still have about another 35 lbs to go. I have a wonderful trainer. We're working on a back squat but I can only manage a 25 lb barbell on my back now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGSHLSVlfVk

Never compare yourself to others. This is all you ! And 130 lbs for a beginner at your age is amazing. You should be proud. You are inspiring!!

Gloriam_Sanguinis-Thank you so much for your kind words. Never in a million years would I have ever thought I would be lifting heavy weights. For the first time in my life I feel like I'm in control of my body rather than having my body control me.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I'm about to go backwards on the SSB to start correcting my squats- I feel at 300 I can go no higher with the taco hinging going on in my lift. Soooooooo backwards in a few weeks- I have a private session set up with one of the trainers who specifically focuses on internal mechanics and what not- so I expect to get some progess from that. We'll see- but you and me my friend- we'll hang out together in the remedial section.

(upside I had a nice 325 pull the other day- hoping bench and deads can continue to move along while I unfark my squat)

We are doing what we need to be done. Let's compare notes through the process. Not only will it help ourselves, but others too.