Most annoying "advice" anyone has given you?

Options

Replies

• chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I should try "clean eating" to which I replied "I wash my fruit before eating it, does that count?" Surprisingly, that person doesn't talk to me about nutrition advice anymore.

Lol, that made me laugh
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    A new one today.......if you don't vomit after a workout you didn't work hard enough
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    A new one today.......if you don't vomit after a workout you didn't work hard enough

omg! wow
  • zira91
    Options

is that from the same person?
  • pootle1972
    edited January 2016
    Options
    zira91 wrote: »

Yep......I laughed and walked away.....with my toxic plastic water bottle.

• zira91
    edited January 2016
    Options

Yep......I laughed and walked away.....with my toxic plastic water bottle.

OMG!! LOL :D You made my day!!
  • zira91
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Your plastic water bottle will make you fat buy a glass one......

Wat?

The plastic will leach all sorts of nasty chemicals into the water that will mess.with my hormones and make me fat. .....and here's me thinking it was Cadbury making me fat.....

Cadbury is delicious.. plastic is not. however, when the cadbury melt i did try to get as much as i can from what stuck on the plastic wrapper.. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.. I guess ive ingested too much toxic just by doing that :#
  • pootle1972
    Options
    Your plastic water bottle will make you fat buy a glass one......

Wat?

The plastic will leach all sorts of nasty chemicals into the water that will mess.with my hormones and make me fat. .....and here's me thinking it was Cadbury making me fat.....

Cadbury is delicious.. plastic is not. however, when the cadbury melt i did try to get as much as i can from what stuck on the plastic wrapper.. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.. I guess ive ingested too much toxic just by doing that :#

Oh me too......especially if it was a flake.
  • tans3352
    tans3352 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    TaraTall wrote: »
    heidio2 wrote: »

Similar with the shared fryer for french fries or dry ribs. The general concern is for cross contamination but, there are some newer studies out now that suggest the heat and oils actually break down the protein enough that you're reasonably safe sharing a fryer.

The fryer definitely doesn't do it for me.
    The first time I was ever severely glutened, ie. spent 3 days vomiting post, was 1 month after diagnosis with Celiac disease and eating chips from a fish and chip shop, the chips were just potato, but cooked in the same oil as battered fish, being newly diagnosed, I didn't even think about it, but after that I got myself properly educated about cross-contamination.

Although I am fine with whiskey :smiley:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That carbs make you fat and you have to eat low carb to lose weight.

Carbs make you fat

Just as annoying this time as any other time.
    But they do (if you eat too many of them) ;)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give you real advice- move everyday and eat less. I should be a billionaire because that is the secret, move more and eat less. I will strongly discourage any diet under 1500 calories.
  • thatsupernaturalfitgirl
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »

She will also look at my meal and say stuff like, "Oh, I bet that would use more than half my daily points!" or "Wow, that is a big lunch you are having. My points would never allow that"

STFU

That's when you look at them a little smugly and say "Yeah. And I'm still losing weight."
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I'd lost fifty pounds and was told I shouldn't lose more because I was starting to look "sickly." At the time I was 5'2" (still am lol) and in the 190s. Um ...

It's not advice given to me, but quite a few people at work started a smoothie diet for the new year, to get rid of all those pesky toxins no one can seem to name. Sadly, I work in a hospital and this was organized by one of the anesthesiologists and a lot of my fellow nurses participated. Nothing wrong with a good smoothie, (although I haven't made one in about two years) but for three meals a day, I'm only drinking all my calories if my jaw was wired shut due to surgery or an accident. And I don't know what the ingredients were, but those things were some horribly unappealing colors.
  • Gutbuster2012
    Gutbuster2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "You should treat yourself, you earned it" or " You should give yourself a break on counting calories for a bit, you don't want to over do it."
    I have worked so hard for a reason, stop telling me to "treat myself" because I don't need to. I don't deprive myself of things I want. I eat them in moderation within my calories/macros.

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 970 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

[/quote]
    On that note, garcinia cambogia. I actually believed that and bought four bottles. :disappointed:

I did too! I'm no longer embarrassed to admit it... I saw the error in my ways! haha [/quote]

Glad you brought that one up. A super thin young person at Whole Foods tried to sell me that one....saying it worked for her and maybe it did but I needed to eat healthy and move more but it kinda stuck in my mind as an afterthought...wondering if it did help...sigh..
  • Gutbuster2012
    Gutbuster2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree. Treating myself to more than a couple of bites of something sweet screws up my system from where I'm no longer desperate for sugars to where I'm badly craving them. I'm told ones who pressure you to eat badly when they know you're trying to lose weight are trying to sink you because they somehow beginning to feel threatened or like having you as an underdog.
  • zira91
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    It's not advice given to me, but quite a few people at work started a smoothie diet for the new year, to get rid of all those pesky toxins no one can seem to name. Sadly, I work in a hospital and this was organized by one of the anesthesiologists and a lot of my fellow nurses participated. Nothing wrong with a good smoothie, (although I haven't made one in about two years) but for three meals a day, I'm only drinking all my calories if my jaw was wired shut due to surgery or an accident. And I don't know what the ingredients were, but those things were some horribly unappealing colors.

Good smoothie is delicious.. but having only smoothies for every meal (no matter how good it is) probably end up with me throwing it to the wall..
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    For me it is the no/lo carb. I am a to diabetic and after a couple of days on our end of those my sugar soars out of control.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Avoiding eating fruits and grains is unhealthy and will result in unhealthy low fibre levels and constipation

This bugs me as well. The notion that everyone must have fruits and grains to be healthy. Often being spouted by folks who eat no vegetables.