Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

eating 1 whole large pizza and still stay lean.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Here's an example with Chicago-style pizza (way more calories than thin crust normally). The Chicago classic from Lou Malnati is 346 calories for the "individual-sized" pizza (this is what the restaurant defines as a single serving). It is 912 for the small, which my sister and I used to split and be full (and I always thought it had far more calories than that, so am pleased to know this). It's 1524 for a medium, which I can't imagine anyone finishing on their own, except over maybe 2-3 meals, and a full 2168 for a large.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Here's an example with Chicago-style pizza (way more calories than thin crust normally). The Chicago classic from Lou Malnati is 346 calories for the "individual-sized" pizza (this is what the restaurant defines as a single serving). It is 912 for the small, which my sister and I used to split and be full (and I always thought it had far more calories than that, so am pleased to know this). It's 1524 for a medium, which I can't imagine anyone finishing on their own, except over maybe 2-3 meals, and a full 2168 for a large.

346 calories? That must be tiny, lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I just don't understand why people who don't agree with counting calories and that calories matter, come on a calorie counting based site? On any other site that would be called something ending with ing.

I joined because it was call myFITNESSpal. I'm interested in health, fitness, nutrition.
    I don't generally count calories (nor did I when I lost weight), but I am interested in nutrition.
    My pals here would probably say that my "wall feed" is mostly about my exercise, and the yummy things hubs cooks.

I totally get why some count calories, and why this site is a Godsend to people who choose that. And I totally get why others DON'T count calories.

Do calories count? Sure. There's a bit more involved, but yes, calories count, whether we count them or not.
  • lemurcat12
    Francl27 wrote: »

346 calories? That must be tiny, lol.

I remember it being perfectly satisfying, but I haven't been there in a while and don't know if they've changed the sizes. The small I've ordered not all that long ago and it seems the same.
  • Sabine_Stroehm

Add a big ole salad and I'd be happy as a clam!
  • lemurcat12

That's the best way!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    ...Not getting into the bizarre IIFYM>than counting calories thing. ;-)

Don't be mistaken, IIFYM'ers count calories as well. You aim to hit your macros within the calorie count, which is how your macros are set up in the first place. People have misconstrued and twisted IIFYM all sorts of strange ways from its original intent and it doesn't mean what most people seem to think it means.
  • longlostyeti
    longlostyeti Posts: 27 Member
    I just don't understand why people who don't agree with counting calories and that calories matter, come on a calorie counting based site? On any other site that would be called something ending with ing.

I joined because it was call myFITNESSpal. I'm interested in health, fitness, nutrition.
    I don't generally count calories (nor did I when I lost weight), but I am interested in nutrition.
    My pals here would probably say that my "wall feed" is mostly about my exercise, and the yummy things hubs cooks.

I totally get why some count calories, and why this site is a Godsend to people who choose that. And I totally get why others DON'T count calories.

Do calories count? Sure. There's a bit more involved, but yes, calories count, whether we count them or not.

thank you...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

thank you...

But MFP's own description is
    "Free online calorie counter and diet plan. Lose weight by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. Find nutrition facts for over 2000000 foods."
  • Sabine_Stroehm

That's the best way!
    There's a great little place near our work that has a whole wheat crust pizza, very reasonably sized. They have lots of great topping options. And they have amazing salads. Add wine and that's one of our favorite: we don't want to cook nights.
  • Sabine_Stroehm

thank you...

I'm not entirely sure we're in agreement, actually.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    You people must all be skinny..... I can easily eat a medium pizza alone....possibly a large if I have beer :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited January 2016
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    You people must all be skinny..... I can easily eat a medium pizza alone....possibly a large if I have beer :)

I'm not "skinny" per se. I am a great weight for my height and age. My BMR, however is about 1300. My TDEE is around 1800. I'm gonna guess yours is a tad more.
  • lemurcat12
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Don't be mistaken, IIFYM'ers count calories as well. You aim to hit your macros within the calorie count, which is how your macros are set up in the first place. People have misconstrued and twisted IIFYM all sorts of strange ways from its original intent and it doesn't mean what most people seem to think it means.

Oh, I know. That's why I said it was bizarre.

I don't do IIFYM, but I get what it is, and I'd call myself a flexible dieter, which isn't that different.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

IIFYM means you eat nothing but junk food all day every day. IIFYMers don't care about their health.

I know this because I read it in the MFP forums.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

I'm not "skinny" per se. I am a great weight for my height and age. My BMR, however is about 1300. My TDEE is around 1800. I'm gonna guess yours is a tad more.

I am 6'1 and 220 so yup :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

IIFYM means you eat nothing but junk food all day every day. IIFYMers don't care about their health.

I know this because I read it in the MFP forums.

I know that for me, IIFYM means I can mainline Pixie Sticks all day at my desk and never have to look at a brussel sprout.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    4zq4owol6qwr.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    4zq4owol6qwr.jpg

Well played.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    I did have to chew a couple times though !