Need a change in routine

Options
1235»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My redbull is not negotiable... ive tried to cut it out n the migraines were unbearable.... but im willing to change other foods... i just have a hard time finding food i like... im not a fan of alot of veggies besides broccoli or corn... chicken, turjey n venison is what my meats normally are...

Have you tried different cooking techniques for the veggies? I use www.mccormick.com for a bunch of recipes.

And have you tried to substitute the red bull? Caffeine for caffeine swap should negate the withdrawal symptoms.
  • charmedbrat
    charmedbrat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I steam my veggies n my redbull fits into my caloeiea n into my sugar... thats not changing... as it does not cause me harm
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I steam my veggies n my redbull fits into my caloeiea n into my sugar... thats not changing... as it does not cause me harm

The point is mfp is set up on usda standards. With pcos, you need to watch carbs/sugars and one red bull can eat up most of your daily allotment once you adjust your goals to address your medical issue.

Essentially, with pcos, a carb goal of 349g is not going to work for you. You probably need 140g or less.

For PCOS, you need to worry about more than calories... you need to worry about macros.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    I changed my carbs, fats n orotein to 30% carbs 40% fats n 30% protein... 209 carbs now
  • psuLemon
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I changed my carbs, fats n orotein to 30% carbs 40% fats n 30% protein... 209 carbs now

Whats you calorie goal? I thought it was 1500.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Mfp puts me at 1770... i change it to 1600
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Mfp puts me at 1770... i change it to 1600
    Can you check your macros. At 1600 calories and 30% carbs, it should come to 120g (1600×.3÷4).
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    I looked ir up... for pcos its 1600x.4÷4 160
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I looked ir up... for pcos its 1600x.4÷4 160

That might work to start. Track for 4 weeks and try to hit your macros to see if that helps with weight loss. If not make fats 40% and carbs 30%
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Putting it 30% carbs 40 fats n 30 protein puts me at 209 carbs
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Putting it 30% carbs 40 fats n 30 protein puts me at 209 carbs
    How?

1600 calories × 30% = 480 calories ÷ 4 calories per gram = 120grams?

The only way i can see an increase in carbs is if you add back exercise calories.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Oi vay lol thats gotta b it... sorry
  • arubamfp
    arubamfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do u kno about pcos? Im 26 5ft 9... eat no more then 1700 cals.. occasionally ill go over but not often... i work out 5 maybe 6 days a week n been around the same weight for a few weeks.. and i log EVERYTHING into this app... so f u...

Haha! The "f u" part makes me laugh because I know how frustrating this can be.

I DO know about PCOS because I have it.

At my heaviest, I was 298. I am 5'6.
    Full disclosure: I lost the first 100 lbs through Atkins/low carb alone. (I mostly did turkey and fish and jerky, plus Atkins shakes because most meats gross me out). The only exercise I did until I was below 200 lbs was walking a few times per week. I didn't count calories until then, either, but I tried to stay below 25 carbs/day.

I didn't feel deprived and I didn't feel like *kitten*. I was desperate to get to a healthy weight and this worked for me.

After I was around 195, I began higher intensity workouts. Then I was able to build muscle and continue to burn fat.

I'm not necessarily advocating that you take up Atkins and stop exercising; only telling you what worked for me in a similar situation. I've maintained a healthy weight for more than 7 years. I don't usually eat bread and my sugars usually come from fruits and veggies, but I haven't done Atkins since losing the initial 100 lbs.

We are ALL different here, and those of us with PCOS are very different. For example, I bet most ladies on MFP don't have to shave their faces every morning. I do! Had an 8lb ovarian cyst? I have! Male pattern baldness, anyone?
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Ive went low carb and upped my gym routines n my weights been coming off again... i cant afford to do atkins but i have been tryin to cut csrbs down as low as possible... usually 90-140 grams... so low carbs is helping
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Ive went low carb and upped my gym routines n my weights been coming off again... i cant afford to do atkins but i have been tryin to cut csrbs down as low as possible... usually 90-140 grams... so low carbs is helping

You don't need to do atkins.. just keep kicking butt and taking the advice of a male ;).
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Lol oh little cocky are ya lol