40+yrs motivation group. We aren't getting any younger!

Options

Replies

• kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Hi I just turned 44. Send me a friend request. Would love to work together in this journey. SW 220 CW 187.5 GW 170 Or lower [/quote]

All your numbers and goals are so close to mine
  • my2sheps
    my2sheps Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Sorry I'm new at adding friends and posting in forums. I hope I am doing it all right. I find it so important for people to encourage and support each other in their goals. I'm so glad I found this group. Thank you for adding me.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    I am finding that having a good mix of male a female friends to support me is good. Each seems to offer a very different approach, attitude, encouragement and energy level to the whole support system.
  • Teamdhb120
    Teamdhb120 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45. Feel free to add :smile:
  • kelbels1
    Options
    y35xlu1ev944.jpg
  • Jaimie73
    Jaimie73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    42 male looking for motivation and support. My first goal is to lose 35lbs and then set myself a new goal and reach that one. Add me if you wish.
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! Kelbels, it's funny you would post that quote from M. Jordan. It's his birthday today. And it's mine! Proudly 41. I'm not perfect and that's fine. Every day should be about improving without feeling *kitten* for too long when we stumble. Love you guys!
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, signed on January 3 intending to lose 100+ pounds. Have lost almost 13 thus far.

My only exercise is walking - various distances. Have done as little as 1.5 miles and as much as 7 miles in a single walk. Plan to get up to 10 miles in a single walk come springtime, and continue doing at least one super-long walk a week with 3-4 5K walks throughout the remainder.
  • cinnamon009
    cinnamon009 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking to make new friend on here. I'm 45 and have had a few failed attempts at losing weight. Started lifting about 6 months ago and my measurements are changing even if the scale number isn't. Now I have my gym habit on track looking to cut so I can lose some of the extra fat I'm carrying around. Friend me here or on Fitocracy where I log my workouts.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    46 here, trying again, this time I am trying lifting as well as diet. Enjoying it so far
  • stan9280
    stan9280 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    46 here...almost 47...that's hard to say. Been on mfp for about a month now and closely logging my foods and running/walking/moving each day. The biggest thing for me is being accurate in logging. Buy a food scale and weigh everything, then double check the nutrient label until it becomes a habit.
    I'm down 22lbs since the first of the year, about 11 until my first goal.
    If I can do it anyone can. Watch your CICO and get moving.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, I cannot get younger...but I can get fitter.
  • CountryStrongNicole
    Options
    I've been working my way back into the routine. Would love to find be added for more support and motivation. Get me back to being accountable again. I had originally lost 140 pounds with 20 left to reach my goal but life got a little overwhelming and thrown upside down AND I gained a little bit back. I am looking to lose what I gained plus finish what I started for a total of 60 to go... Time for me now that my life is put back in order again. Please feel free to add me! Thank you!! We CAN all do this!!!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    45, I don't think I've lost my edge, I don't intend to lose my edge, and that will only be possible by continuing to work my a** off staying in shape!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Would love to join. 51 and I hope this is my last roller coaster ride. Once these last pounds are off, they're staying off (she says sorta confidently...) :)
  • sammie7474
    sammie7474 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Would love to have friends @my age. I turned 42 on Tuesday. Anyone can add me
  • bovellp
    bovellp Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi! I am 47 and have been on MFP for 2 months and have lost 30 pounds. Dr has me on phentermine which has helped a lot with my appetite. I started out at 448 and trying to stay motivated is so tough as I have so far to go. Right now it's all about feeling better!
  • Shooby68
    Shooby68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need support. I'm 48 and need to shed the winter weight. I can't seem to get motivated
  • kelbels1
    Options
    A warm welcome to new people and a friendly hello to all the regulars. Please be sure to friend each other and introduce yourself.

I have enjoyed all the support I have been recieveing. It helps so much to have help from those who are reaching for similar goals of health, and fitness.
    Keep friending
  • tisdalla
    tisdalla Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. I just turned 40 in December. Need to lose roughly 35 pounds. Been tracking on mfp and trying to move a bit each day. Hope to get moving more as the weather warms up.