Eating poop for weight loss?!?!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• whit37k
    whit37k Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I saw someone mention this in another thread and had to search for it. What the....?!? I thought it must have been a joke, but looks like it is real. :s
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I was in recovery while this was originally posted. I'm glad someone bumped it. XD

It's actually quite fascinating to read up on gut bacteria and how it may or may not affect weight. I normally roll my eyes at people who claim diet soda is bad for you, but when someone mentioned its affect on gut bacteria, it got me curious. (Not curious enough to put down my diet Dr. Pepper).

I'm extremely interested to learn what comes out of this in five years or so.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    probably by consuming their feces, a typical, if unappealing, mouse behavior.

Dang, mice are freaks. Little furry freaks. Invite some mice to your party if you want it to go off.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    probably by consuming their feces, a typical, if unappealing, mouse behavior.

Dang, mice are freaks. Little furry freaks. Invite some mice to your party if you want it to go off.

Richard Gere approves this message.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Even if it's real, it won't be healthy for you. You can eat your own poop to only have a minor stomach problem, yes. But eating other's poop is the same as you asking to be hospitalized. The different bacteria will only causes problems to those who ate others' poop.

So, is it real? Perhaps, Japan made chips out of human poop before and marketed it.
    Is it healthy? No, absolutely not.

Well there is a medical treatment called a fecal transplant where the feces from a healthy gut is given to a patient severely lacking.... But these pills are certainly not a medical procedure!
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wendy77685 wrote: »
    I keep coming across these articles about a new trend in eating other people's freeze dried poop in capsules for weight loss. They say the idea is that thin people have different bacteria in their gut than obese people, and therefore obese people could benefit from eating thin people's poop.

Is this for real???? Has anyone else ever heard of this? I can't imagine that anyone would want to do that, but I guess maybe people get desperate and will try anything?

The fact that you have to ask if it's real is rather frightening!

no kidding that is scary
  • simply_cidalia
    simply_cidalia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You could lose weight quickly eating just about anyone's poop. It's called E. Coli.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Will cat poop work? I'd like to make money selling it. My cats eat clean purina cat chow.

And now we have an answer to this little guy's question...

45b3kp79gtsv.png
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If losing weight depending on me eating someone's poop I'd just have to be a fatty.... lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There is research going into fecal transplants for serious conditions such as C.diff. But, it's very experimental. It has saved some people's lives, but comes with very big risks. So, you would need to be in such a serious condition that the risk would be worth taking. It can cause a thin person to become obese and the other way around (that's one of the side effects). Usually you do not eat the poop because that's even more risky. Usually it goes in the other end with an enema. But, you would be better off trying less invasive things first such as diet changes, lifestyle changes (exercise, reducing stress, etc), probiotics, prebiotics, only taking antibiotics when absolutely necessary. And giving it time to change on it's own. When a person does get a fecal transplant they usually find their own donor (partner or family member).
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    The Japanese have a group of people who they feed high quality food, as in not cheap supermarket stuff etc, so that their poop is of higher quality that they sell

Why are a lot of the big companies like Sony, Mitsubishi and so on are Japanese

But then you have to say why, the poop is basically the undigested stuff, so most of the nutrients etc have been digested by the body and the rest of it is waste...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They do it to change the microbiome content in the large intestine.