WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Well, it happened. We went to a dinner tonight with his chemistry department and a retired professor and his wife were telling us how one of their dogs disappeared, and they really miss him. Their other dog misses him, too, and they want to get another dog. We were talking about Spot - the dog that hubby hated and was always suggesting we find a new home for - and they wanted me to bring him over do they could meet him. Hubby said no, we don't want to get rid of Spot! Hubby has officially fallen in love with Spot. Hah! I knew it would happen.

1hu9u4qxzx28.jpeg

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - men can be big softies sometimes! Thanks for the laugh

<3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - My hubby is the exact same way, he complains about both dogs and then turns around and spoils them worse than I do. He has trained them well, and they listen to him but they also know he loves them.

I believe my house must be haunted too, funny how that works :) Thanks for the smile.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Quick pop in. <3 Going to cook mushroom soup for lunch with my homemade guinea fowl broth. Haven't made it for years. Then lamb and cauliflower curry for dinner. I will throw a few peas in for texture. :D

My Norwegian film featuring Svalbard where Penny lives arrived yesterday, so I shall be watching that this afternoon while the rugby is on.

Joyce - We have an agreement that the main tv is only to be used when both of us want to watch something. I go to the bedroom and DH goes to his room if we want to watch something of personal choice. It works! :D

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    morning friends~
    well I am up and dressed.. have just been stuffing my face with junk, not exercising .. and I haven't stepped on the scale in weeks, I have a physical in April so I better get crack a lackin.....
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, what a mixed message! I am so glad the margins are clear, but know that you dread the return. Our fur babies steal such a part of our heart the short time they are here. Sending lots of hugs your way.
  • unfairmeno
    unfairmeno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, is anyone still on this group page? I am new and am looking for a community for motivation and support. Thanks.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    Options
    My DH had his second orgasm of the week over my mushroom soup. :D The other was my fish soup. Oh, and, almost forgot, there was another one. :blushing:
    I have to say it was absolutely fabulous. The soup I mean. :laugh:

Heather UK
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Heather- Omigod! LOL! :D I think I need the recipe for both your mushroom and your fish soup (I already have the recipe for the third orgasm inducing thing >:)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Just a quick note while I read the posts, to let you know that Mary has once again influenced me. So far today I've done 4 sets of 10 push-ups.bounce.gif Didn't plan it, they just started coming out of my body when I was doing my moving around? Go figure! So Mary, how many sets are you doing today? I might just have to match you. (And yes, my friends, mine are on the dresser or kitchen counter, not the floor)

DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Well now that is a good idea!! Thank you girls... I am going to incorporate that into my schedule. I am sure I can get a few push ups in in the photocopier run at work.

Lillian
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    Good Saturday morning! I stayed up WAY past my bedtime last night and am a little off schedule. Slept in until 6:30am and got up with the usual "off schedule headache". I hate it. It is like having a hang-over but not drinking to get it! I feel cheated! :s I sat down to watch a movie last night and mid movie my older sis called me to talk about younger sis (with cancer). Last Monday, a day after we celebrated her completing a week of chemo and radiation, my younger sister decided to quit her treatment and move in with her boyfriend. She has cut off all communication with family. It is disturbing and frustrating. Talking with my older sister last night about it. We both think this is normal Denise (younger sis) behaviour. We can't really blame it on the brain tumor, because she has made these bad decisions and choices her whole life. I don't think the boyfriend knows what he has gotten himself into. I really think that when he realizes how much attention and care she needs, he will bring her back to one of us. At which point, we are going to take her to hospice. She is not an easy patient and seems hell bent on destroying any relationship she has with any one, on her way out of this world. I am so heartbroken and frustrated. On the upside, I decided not to eat my way through this stress and have channeled it into walking and push-ups (thanks to Mary). See if I can keep the stress weight at bay!

Sylvia-I agree with many of the ladies in regards to the special needs artist. You're co op was started with a purpose and a plan of the type of artist that belongs and shows. I think you made very thoughtful suggestions for helping this young man. Perhaps, they need to find another place in town or nearby to show his work, or perhaps some of your group could help them set up their own program or showings? I like some of Lenora's ideas. Having some local artists work with the special needs or child artists to show them new things. Sometimes a school will open up a room to use once a week after school for programs like this... Good luck! You have a great heart and we know you were trying to help and still maintain the integrity of your co op!

UNfairmeno- Welcome, just join in the conversation. Let us know about your self and what your health goals are for this month. Please sign your posts with your name or what you want to be referred to. Remember to bookmark the page so you can find it easily. Great group of ladies here!

I know I am missing a lot of people. But as I got a late start; I have to wrap up for now and get stuff done! ttyl KJ (Kelly)
  • tracij625
    tracij625 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies. I'm knew here and trying to figure out how I can see these posts every day without trying to "find" this thread every day. I'm sure I will figure it out! It looks like just the support I'm in need of. Blessings to all of you!
  • Lilymay2
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

treadmill-fall-smiley-emoticon.gif

Karen, cool new motivation. Wish I had a emoticon for you. confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif (later) Well I see Barbie does!

captain-smiley-emoticon.gif

shopping-smiley-emoticon.gif

sprinting-smiley-emoticon.gif

smiley-laughing018.gif

sweeping-smiley-emoticon.gif

m1277.gif

rose.gif

smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Did I get them all? ... Good to know it took you all day to write the post and you got in all those pushups... LOL!! I just love all the graphics!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, I know nothing about riding, but it makes sense to me that being able to hold your pose on the horse rather than just bouncing up and down would reduce the saddle sores. Be sure to report on how it went at your riding lesson.

:)Pip, great stats

:) Joyce, I watch a lot of TV wearing cordless headphones so I don't bother Jake with the noise and he doesn't bother me with his comments and questions about what I'm watching.

:)Michele, I don't like running but I'll walk for hours...my knees are probably thanking me for that

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Brandy and I are both so happy that she doesn't have to wear the cone and the donut collar....we're off for our long walk now.

<3 Barbie

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    tracij625 wrote: »
    Good morning, ladies. I'm knew here and trying to figure out how I can see these posts every day without trying to "find" this thread every day. I'm sure I will figure it out! It looks like just the support I'm in need of. Blessings to all of you!

welcome.gif
  • barbiecat
    Options
    unfairmeno wrote: »
    Hi, is anyone still on this group page? I am new and am looking for a community for motivation and support. Thanks.

welcome.gif
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    tracij625 wrote: »

Traci- bookmark this page by clicking on the star at the top of the page. Then when you click the mfp community tab and click your bookmark star this page will come up. Be sure to look for Barbiecat's post at the end of the month, because she will post the link to the March site! WElcome! Great group of ladies here! Tell us about yourself and your health/fitness goals. Join in whenever you want.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Well...... nope not going to vent .... DH woke up grumpy.

I hope I can get a walk in before the rain and snow comes. My walking path outside was dry yesterday and it was really nice to walk and not hear the coyotes howling...

Must get to breakfast and doing something productive...like push ups in the kitchen while I wait for my oatmeal to come out of the microwave.. ha ha

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    My DH had his second orgasm of the week over my mushroom soup. :D The other was my fish soup. Oh, and, almost forgot, there was another one. :blushing:
    I have to say it was absolutely fabulous. The soup I mean. :laugh:

Heather UK

Love it!

Cheri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,700 Member
    Options
    Morning peepheads