Options

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here! What do you ladies do? Do you just chat on here and update each other? It's almost the end of Feb 2016 and I don't see anything past the 1st. Are you using my fitness pal?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. We do lots of stuff, and we are using MFP. And yes, we chat and update each other. Is that a problem?

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Hi everyone. New to this thread. I read through *most* of the thread and wow.... my head is spinning with names. I'm Marcelyn. 56. I'm a mom of 4, grandmother of 11. I garden, sew (mostly clothing but a few quilts), read a bunch and am a potter (Mollywhippet I noticed glaze recipes and kiln time.... :) ). I also run and do mostly half-marathons. BUT I don't like to run. The good thing is when I do run I get to eat and I like eating. :)

Marcelynh!!!! Another potter!!!! I'm so happy to meet you! Where are you from? What kind of pottery do you do? Wheel, hand building, molds? Do you have your own place or use a community studio? Tell me more!

I have a small studio in our little downtown (southeast Kansas). I do mostly wheel thrown stuff, and some hand built slab stuff. Glazing is my arch nemesis! Several other artists and I are working on setting up a co-op gallery here in town. I have a small gallery but I'm so busy that I'm seldom open, so I don't sell much. My grandkids keep me hopping.

Sylvia
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies made it back from my cruise it was great at times and full of tears at others. Still in limbo regarding the relationship but it is what it is. Ate well for the most part actually put on two lbs but that is good with my current situation. So many posts while I was gone tried to read some of them but I am sure I missed some.

Welcome newbies this is a great group of ladies. Full of support and caring.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments on the fence ! We feel good about it :0)
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pip - your yard and fence look lovely!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Marcelynh!!!! Another potter!!!! I'm so happy to meet you! Where are you from? What kind of pottery do you do? Wheel, hand building, molds? Do you have your own place or use a community studio? Tell me more!

I have a little studio at my home. I mostly throw on the wheel, a little hand-building but I'm just not patient enough to do a nice job with slabs. I am working on it though. I have a kiln and do mostly ^5/6 stuff. I really like reduction but I'm afraid my neighborhood would never go for a gas fired kiln in my backyard. Boo.... Glazes are my nemesis also. I stick mostly to commercial glazes as I don't do enough to justify buying my own supplies and storing the chemicals might be a problem with how my studio is set up. I don't sell stuff, just give it away a lot. lol I donate a lot of stuff to charity auctions etc.

I'm afraid I don't get to my studio work half enough. The grandkids and the rest of life keep me much too busy. I'd be better if I got regular wheel time in.

I live north of Houston, TX. Just easier to say Houston for the most part seeing as the city is moving out to and will be at my doorstep before I know it.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hello Marcelyn! Wowsa 11....you must be so proud, and uber spoiling them all. I am patiently awaiting my middle son to declare that they are expecting. He is in the Navy, as well as wife, but will soon be out. Then she will follow suit. It shall be interesting to see how they manage civilian life, but my son is quite the go getter. We have so many talented ladies on this thread!
    Welcome again!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies made it back from my cruise it was great at times and full of tears at others. Still in limbo regarding the relationship but it is what it is. Ate well for the most part actually put on two lbs but that is good with my current situation. So many posts while I was gone tried to read some of them but I am sure I missed some.

Welcome newbies this is a great group of ladies. Full of support and caring.

Anne from Wisconsin

:)Anne, I have been thinking of you and hoping that you would come back and report on your cruise...sometimes when I have a challenging event, I am happy to just report that "I survived to tell the tale"....it sounds like you did better than that. I have been in limbo with a significant relationship in my past and the only thing that worked for me was to stay in the moment and do what was in front of me. I am so glad to see you again.

<3 Barbie
  • Annr
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here! What do you ladies do? Do you just chat on here and update each other? It's almost the end of Feb 2016 and I don't see anything past the 1st. Are you using my fitness pal?

Welcome! We connect, share stories, whine, brag, mentally unload, rant, rave, cry, and go forward in this journey. If you look up top of the thread there is a bookmark, so you can get back to us easier. Also at the top and bottom of the page lists the pages, (we are presently on page 67) There is about 80+ of us that log daily or at least a couple of times a week. We are a talkative bunch, well we have the gift of gab!
    Welcome. Also put a name you wish to be called, and where you hail from. It helps us answer you.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Hello Marcelyn! Wowsa 11....you must be so proud, and uber spoiling them all.

The amazing thing is that although none of my kids were living at home when we moved to Houston they now all live within 15 miles of me. The 11 grandkids ages and gender are (note there are no multiple births in the family):

9 - boy
    8 - girl
    8 - girl
    8 - girl
    6 - boy
    4 - boy
    4 - boy
    2 - girl
    2 - girl
    2 - boy
    1 - boy

Isn't that wild! Every Sunday the family is at my house for lunch and so it gets a bit crazy! It's great though.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    11,000 steps
    178 minutes of dog walking
    35 minutes riding the exercise bike
    15 minutes pulling weeds
    90 minute nap

weight-lifting-smiley-emoticon.gifStrong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 5X5 @ 45 lbs
    deadlift 5X5 @ 50 lbs
    overhead press 5X5 @ 30 lbs
    calf raise 5X5 @ 33 lbs

• Annr
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Oh I would sooo be your Earl over the fence (Home Improvement)..if giving the chance. We could solve life's problems and everything!!!
    Becca
    leaning over
    in Oregon
    pouts....not the same
  • Denkko
    Denkko Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've never posted to this community before. I turned 60 in November and it seems like my metabolism came to a grinding halt the very same day. Very disheartening. My extremely stressful job finds me reaching for the wine bottle instead of the barbells when i get home in the evenings. Until recently i was an avid hiker. My husband and i plan to climb the highest peak in Texas April 11, and I'm worried i won't be ready. I need motivation to get out and walk or jog at least 3 times a week. Help!!!!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Welcome! Yes, we chat and support each other in our weight loss journey. Some have lots to lose, some are at maintenance after a very successful journey, others are struggling for one reason or another, some are bopping right along losing at a steady pace. We are not a closed group. Folks wander in and out all the time. If you decide to stay you will eventually get familiar with regular posters. Barbie starts a new thread at the first of each month and posts a link so we can find it and bookmark it for a new month. That keeps the thread manageable in length.

Many of us find it more motivational to hang out in this thread rather than to interact with "friends" on our homepage, but some do both. I would say most do use MFP to log food as well. I know I do. Logging is the only way to be self-accountable and the best way to achieve success.

• drkatiebug
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Hi everyone. New to this thread. I read through *most* of the thread and wow.... my head is spinning with names. I'm Marcelyn. 56. I'm a mom of 4, grandmother of 11. I garden, sew (mostly clothing but a few quilts), read a bunch and am a potter (Mollywhippet I noticed glaze recipes and kiln time.... :) ). I also run and do mostly half-marathons. BUT I don't like to run. The good thing is when I do run I get to eat and I like eating. :)

Welcome!

• drkatiebug
    Options
    Denkko wrote: »
    Hello. I've never posted to this community before. I turned 60 in November and it seems like my metabolism came to a grinding halt the very same day. Very disheartening. My extremely stressful job finds me reaching for the wine bottle instead of the barbells when i get home in the evenings. Until recently i was an avid hiker. My husband and i plan to climb the highest peak in Texas April 11, and I'm worried i won't be ready. I need motivation to get out and walk or jog at least 3 times a week. Help!!!!!

Welcome! Stay with us. We will start a new thread in March. Barbie will post a link.

• drkatiebug
    Options
    ljxdtgduul23.jpg

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I love it!
  • Annr
    Options
    Denkko welcome! Sorry for all the stresses in your life, (job). I have a pile of index cards that I have written inspirational antidotes. I will share some time ya!

"Take pleasure in persevering. That is what separates those who keep pushing forward from those who throw in the towel."

"If its important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse."

"Do not put all your emotional eggs in one basket".

You are stronger than you think. You will climb that mountain.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Oh I would sooo be your Earl over the fence (Home Improvement)..if giving the chance. We could solve life's problems and everything!!!
    Becca
    leaning over
    in Oregon
    pouts....not the same

should i start calling you earl?