Daily Healthy Habits Challenge-FEBRUARY

Options

Replies

• LaurenMargott
    LaurenMargott Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi All, firstly thanks Julie for setting this up, I'm going to give it a go!

I used MFP and lost about 12kg maybe three years ago, I was happy and fit at 72kg for probably two years but then I got injured at work, ended up unable to walk and have spent about a year and a half doing surgery and rehab and all that fun stuff! I put on a lot of weight during that time and I'm not going to apologise to anybody or beat myself up for that. It's hard enough not being able to move but to then have to starve yourself so you don't put on weight while bedridden is just unbearable (I tried)! The stress from my injuries was bad, I may have never walked again so my backside be damned I was going to eat chocolate when and where I wanted!! Everyone has their reasons and I'm not ashamed of my 'excuse' it is a pretty good one.

Now while still limited I can walk around and do some basic exercises and I'm continuing to improve so I feel happier, far less stressed and ready to start what will be a slow and painful journey to get back into my old clothes and be healthy again.

Date: 5th Feb
    Water (8+): 6
    Exercise calories burned: 346
    Stayed under calorie goal: Sure did!

Goal weight for March: 90kg
    Current weight: 94kg
    Gain/loss vs last week: - 1kg

Current struggles: I loved to run, that was my exercise before injury but I can't do that anymore so I'm still trying to find a cardio workout I actually enjoy that does not stress my back. Also stressed about the pressure on me to return to my old job, the one that caused the injury, I comfort eat and I have to fight it!

Current strengths: Got a new jawbone, feeling motivated.
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello @bellew62802, @megggpie94, @lhanby, nice to make your acquaintance. I think you will like it here :smiley:

Report for : 2/4
    Physical activity : No, back to the pool today.

Logged food intake: Yes, just at calorie goal
    Avoid late afternoon snack: yes
    Work on meditation: Yes
    (for those of you I am just meeting, I take my multivitamin daily and don't struggle to get enough water so I am working on some different "Healthy Habits" I feel need reinforcing).

Goal weight for 3/1: 138.5 (1.5 lbs/week)
    Current weight: 143.5 - only down a pound since last Friday. Not surprised as I have been in hibernation mode with the exercise this week. Also I know from previous attempts that my weight loss stalls around 142. I haven't been less than 140 since my second pregnancy, 15 years ago. That being said, I feel I have a new found patience with myself. There is nothing but time ahead of me to work on this, and I have lost 8.5 lbs since New Year's!

Current struggles: Keeping up daily phyisical activity, especially during my work week.
    Current strengths: Patience and mindfulness.
  • jppiehl
    jppiehl Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Not sure why my post was copied instead of just updated. I'm deleting the old one and we will see if the newest version stays.
  • jppiehl
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello my name is Jennifer, I'm new to all this but really trying to lose weight before my vacation in Sept. Need motivation to get more activity and eat better. Want to lose 15 lbs or more by Sept and my long term goal is to lose 50-60 lbs. total. I just started logging on MFP again at Christmas. Just started to watch what I eat & when, last month. First time to a gym in over a year was 3 weeks ago. So far have lost 5lbs.

Date reporting about: 2/4
    Took vitamins & other meds: Yes
    Physical activity: Just fitbit steps, but planning on hitting the gym Fri morning before work, not just my day off. Trying to build gym time into my schedule.
    Water (24-64floz): 8oz still working on this
    Logged food intake: Yes
    Eating 3-6 times daily: No, only grazed a bit while working from 4p-11p. still working on this.

Goal weight for 3/1: 198
    Current weight: 200.4
    I do weigh daily if I remember so it shows trends better since my weight can fluctuate by 1-5lbs in a week.
    Gain/loss vs last week: -1lb

Current struggles: I also struggle with finding the motivation to be active every day (especially in winter) as someone else mentioned. I have to make time to eat through out the day not only eat a huge dinner before bedtime, its killing my metabolism.

Current strengths: daily logging since I started back with MFP. Getting myself up early to go to gym before work Fri morning! I would have never done that before EVER. Tried a Plank for the first time in my life last week and held it for (2) 30sec times. Just about killed me during and (due to it and the other excersise I got that day) for the 4 days after I felt it!
  • bellew62802
    bellew62802 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome!
    I really like committing myself to logging in and speak of my day. Nourishes the soul really.
    Date: 2/5
    Vitamin: No but "Yes" to Hydro Eyes vitamin
    Water (8+): 8 and working on last one for the night to make it 9
    Exercised on treadmill with walking at inclines of 3,5 &7 with and speeds from 3 to 3.7 mph. It took restraint to not turn my walk into a jog/run as was my usual treadmill routine. Arthritis has moved into my hip and doc says low impact cardio for me from now on. So now I bust a healthy sweat walking the treadmill, bicycling stationary and using the elliptical.

Stayed under calorie goal: Yes

Goal Weight for 3/1: 168
    Current Weight 2/1: 174
    Gain/loss vs last week: same

Struggle for today: Was to NOT JOG/RUN but remain walking at a fairly fast pace. I love to jog and then challenge myself to run at 5,6, and even 8 mph if even for 30 seconds. Today, I had to keep myself in check.

Strength for today; Kept myself in check :)

May you all have a wonderful evening!
  • megggpie94
    megggpie94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm back to report my day!

Vitamin: Yes!
    Water (8+): a bunch
    Exercise calories burned: 520

Goal weight for 3/1: 205
    Current weight week of 2/1: 214
    Gain/loss vs last week: loss

Current strengths: I currently am loving the way I feel! And it makes me want to keep going with this healthy lifestyle!

Current struggles: Is to get my butt up from my desk At work and too at least take a little walk!
  • jppiehl
    Options
    Oh my, the treadmill won that battle. I used a new program instead of manually changing the intervals. It went well but almost too intense, need to modify that a bit. Did survive so maybe I needed a step up.

Date reporting about: 2/5
    Physical activity: fitbit steps, Treadmill interval training, light weights.
    Water (24-64floz): 41oz getting there!
    Eating 3-6 times daily: better about eating at each meal time but still ate too much before going to bed.

Current weight: 202 (yikes gain 2 pounds in one day)
    Gain/loss vs last week: -1lb

Current struggles: I ate at each meal but did not track until dinner, after putting it into MFP, only had 730 cal by 10pm. Then was starving when I got home from work. And ate a whole box of Mac & Cheese by myself right before bed.

Current strengths: So very happy with myself getting out of bed early and going to gym before work Fri and actually following through.
  • jppiehl
    Options
    megggpie94 wrote: »
    Current struggles: Is to get my butt up from my desk At work and too at least take a little walk!

I really have that problem as well! I have to force myself to stop what I'm into at work and stand for a while or get away and eat not at my desk.
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/5
    Physical activity : yes, 1350m swim... Had the lane all to myself :) !

Logged food intake: Yes, didn't need to "eat my exercise calories"
    Avoid late afternoon snack: no, but I was actually hungry, not rewarding myself.

Current weight: 143.5

Current struggles: Worrying about keeping things in check at the SuperBowl party I'm going to tomorrow.
    Current strengths: Feeling like I'm getting back on track with my daily physical activity... Amazing what a stretch of sunny weather can do for motivation levels!
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    megggpie94 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! This is my first post on the community part of MFP! My name is Megan! A few years ago my brother passed away.. Within the 2 years I went from 125 lbs to my heaviest of 228 lbs with emotional eating. I am now ready to shed the emotional weight I packed on and get back to being healthy and happy!

Date: 2/4
    Vitamin: Yes!
    Water (8+): a bunch
    Exercise calories burned: Rest day but still 300

Goal weight for 3/1: 205
    Current weight week of 2/1: 214
    Gain/loss vs last week: loss

Current strengths: At this moment I am extremely motivated and ready to go! I also have my wonderful FI to go with me to the gym .

Current struggles: I need to build my confidence in the gym! I use my FI as a safety net while at the gym, I'm still a bit ashamed for letting my self get this big, and I get self conscious of ppl staring at me. :/
    Hi. Thanks for sharing!! Now let's kick butt!
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Vitamin: no
    Water (8+): lotsss
    Exercise calories burned: 400
    Stayed under calorie goal:I did bad!!!
    Other healthy habits to focus on: getting back on track asap

Goal weight for 3/1: 162
    Current weight week of 2/1: 170
    Gain/loss vs last week: remain

Current struggles: eating healthy & getting back on track with my food choices. This is so hard guys!

Current strengths: you guys☆
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Vitamin & meds (which I forgot to add to this: Yes
    Water (8+): 7
    Exercise calories burned: Rest day,for me but did yard work and played outside with grandson in sunny 45 degrees (felt like a bit of a heatwave)

Goal weight for 3/1: 168
    Current weight week of 2/1: 174
    Gain/loss vs last week: same

Current struggles: none
    Current strengths: self awareness
  • Julipax
    Julipax Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at all the new faces! I'm so glad you all like this thread! I'm party prepping for tomorrow's Super Bowl, a Girl Scout Mom, and it's Girl Scout cookie season, so not much time to chat on here lately.

Date: 2/6
    Vitamin: Yes
    Water (8+): 8! I DID IT!
    Exercise calories burned: no idea. Crazy cleaning the last 2 days
    Stayed under calorie goal: Over by 59 and don't care
    2 t olive oil: No
    2 servings dairy: 1

Goal weight for 3/1: 150
    Current weight week of 2/1: 160
    Gain/loss vs last week: Weighing in tomorrow morning

Current struggles: 3 days of rest and it's like I'm dying. Must.Swim.tomorrow!
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    hi! again ! :) and I thank Julie for not forgetting me in her last month's posts. I have to come up with my healthy habits because goal is to lose 15 lbs in 3 months
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in? This sounds like a great idea. I'm trying to drop a few stubborn kgs for my first big bjj competition at the end of the month. I really good with getting enough water in but have a couple of other things I need to incorporate in my routine for competition prep so I want to log those. I don't really count exercise calories as I can't wear my monitor when I do some of my training and I work on a TDEE system, so I track minutes instead.

Date: Saturday 6 Feb
    Armbar drills: Did some but not enough
    Hanging crunches: 12
    Exercise minutes: 50 min fitness and 60 min bjj
    Stayed under calorie goal: No, lunch party and baby shower. Didn't even log!
    Other healthy habits to focus on: low carb! Not at all...

Goal weight for 28 Feb competition: 68 kgs or under
    Current weight week of 2/1:??? TBD tomorrow

Current struggles: Eating properly to drop weight for competition!

Current strengths: Commitment to training!
  • jppiehl
    Options
    Good afternoon. Anyone have tips to losing 3lbs in one week? I know its not that good for you to do that but I really wanted to not gain weight this week. Would like to get back to the weeks starting weight and maybe lose 1lb. Just starting to getting a bit frustrated.

Date reporting about: 2/6
    Physical activity: fitbit steps (still over 5,000 want to be higher but happy with anything over 3,00p)
    Water (24-64floz): 12oz, drank 16oz of coffee so did not feel like drinking a lot of water.
    Eating 3-6 times daily: better about eating at each meal time but still ate a lot more cal & sweets before going to bed.

Current weight: 202.8 not liking going up in weight and staying there 2 days in a row. I really think stress is playing a part.
    Gain/loss vs last week: gained 2lbs in one week, hoping by Thurs I can get back down to 200 again.

Current struggles: eating through out the day and not eating 1-2 hr before bed. Need to get down to 199lb to feel like I'm on a path to loosing.

Current strengths: feeling not as tired. Sticking with tracking food. Finally consistently taking meds. Drinking more fluids.
  • bellew62802
    Options
    I have been recording my present day! Lol! Oh well, I will just keep to what I've been doing.

Jppiehl,
    I feel your frustration and have discovered 2 things....1. drink lots of water 2. keep as busy as you can. If you must snack which so many of us do, grapes, celery, carrots or just plain lettuce leaves give that nice crunch. Can't say enough about water!! It truly is so good for you in your journey :-) Hope this helps some.

Date: 2/7
    Vitamin & meds (which I forgot to add to this: Yes
    Water (8+): 10 and still going as the nighy is young and it is SUPERBOWL time
    Exercise time: Stationary bike for 53 minutes plus pelvic lifts and plank 45 secs (daily challenge increasing time each day)
    Stayed under calorie goal: so far yes

Goal weight for 3/1: 168
    Current weight week of 2/1: 174
    Gain/loss vs last week: weigh in tomorrow

Current struggles: that time to be able to exer ise again
    Current strengths: determination! :-)
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/6
    Physical activity : yes and no; got out for a walk,but decided to postpone my run till today as I knew I would be eating more at the Super Bowl party I have been invited to.

Logged food intake: Yes, just at calorie goal.
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Yes
    ––––-––––
    Report for : 2/7
    Physical activity : yes, 9k run

Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Yes
    Work on meditation: No.

Current weight: 143.5

Current struggles: The meditation thing is not going so well... Going to keep trying for now.
    Current strengths: I prepared 44 cake pops and 30 iced sugar cookies to take to the Super Bowl party today and I didn't have a bite! I made good food choices (for the most part) at the party and stayed under calorie goal. Surprised myself :)
  • jppiehl
    Options
    I have been recording my present day! Lol! Oh well, I will just keep to what I've been doing.

Jppiehl,
    I feel your frustration and have discovered 2 things....1. drink lots of water 2. keep as busy as you can. If you must snack which so many of us do, grapes, celery, carrots or just plain lettuce leaves give that nice crunch. Can't say enough about water!! It truly is so good for you in your journey :-) Hope this helps some.

Thanks. I have been drinking more water than I have in the past but could be drinking more. Guess I'll be stepping that up.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Date: Sunday 7 Feb
    Armbar drills: No, rest day
    Hanging crunches: 30
    Exercise minutes: Rest day
    Stayed under calorie goal: Yes, on rest day! that is good for me!
    Other healthy habits to focus on: low carb! Did well on this.

Goal weight for 28 Feb competition: Under 68 kgs
    Current weight on 8 Feb : 69.8 kgs

Current struggles: Eating properly to drop weight for competition! Busy work week when I want to be prepping for Saturday's competition. My knee is playing up a bit!

Current strengths: Commitment to training! All the support from my friends and team mates...