Daily Healthy Habits Challenge-FEBRUARY

Options

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    ^ @CaptainBoing , Yahoo! Enjoy the clothes shopping :)
  • newbie2143
    Options
    ^ @White_hibiscus, 895 calories!!! That's amazing! You could eat cake :)
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/15
    Physical activity: Yes
    Logged food intake: yes, stayed under calorie goal
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Yes
    Work on meditation: Yes.

Goal weight for 3/1: 138.5 (1.5 lbs/week)
    Current weight: 141

Current struggles: same 'ol same 'ol... Fitting in workouts
    Current strengths: Patience, confidence, determination.
  • bellew62802
    bellew62802 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/16
    Vitamins & meds: Yes
    Water (8+): No, 6
    Exercise time: 60 minutes playing moderate effort
    Stayed under calorie goal: barely

Goal weight for 3/1: 168
    Current Weight: 170.2
    Gain/loss vs last week: loss

Current Struggles: Sleep. UGH!

Current Strengths: The wisdom to know that at 8:22 p.m. to go to bed to catch some zzzzz's
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/16
    Vitamin: yes
    Water (8+): yes
    Exercise calories burned: 1262♡♡♡
    Stayed under calorie goal:yes
    Other healthy habits: choosing healthier snacks

Goal weight for 3/1: 162
    Current weight week of 2/1: 169.8
    Gain/loss vs last week: loss

Current struggles: sticking to clean eating

Current strengths: The mfp support♡
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    newbie2143 wrote: »
    ^ @CaptainBoing , Yahoo! Enjoy the clothes shopping :)

Thanks. I am not much of a shopper, but I ended up buying something for my friend so it was super fun.
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/16
    Physical activity: No, had to wait for a sofa to be delivered between 5:00-9:00pm. Why do they always come at the END of the delivery window? Swimming today.

Current weight: tbd Friday

Current struggles: I haven't had a great week for my daily physical activity goal. Need to refocus on this. I really believe it is necessary to do some kind of regular workout when you are restricting calories, in order to keep the metabolism going...

Current strengths: Hitting my calorie goals is not much of a problem during the week. I need to pay close attention on the weekend when social eating can get in the way of my goals.
  • newbie2143
    Options
    @ameerah3333, how is the meal prep going?
    @jppiehl , how are you doing?
    @Julipax , we haven't heard from our fearless leader in a while. I sincerely hope everything is OK and you have just been too busy to check in lately.
  • bellew62802
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Date: 2/17
    Water (8+): 8
    Exercise time: 45 minutes stationary bike 10 miles. Plank Challenge 2 minutes. Worked on abs
    Stayed under calorie goal: Yes :-)

Current Weight: 170
    Gain/loss vs last week: Loss

Current Struggles: Getting proper sleep. Sleep sleep sleep

Current Strengths: In spite of lack of sleep, I am keeping a good pace in my journey.
    Hope all are doing well!
  • newbie2143
    Options
    ^@bellew62802, you're doing great with your plank challenge! I might try that next month.

Report for : 2/17
    Physical activity: yes, swam 1400m.

Current weight: 140.5 (weighed myself a day early because I will be travelling tomorrow).
    +/- vs. last week: -0.5lbs. Not surprised, given decreased activity level this week and larger wt. loss than expected last week... Going in the right direction, anyway :). 140 lbs is a huge psychological hurdle for me, looking forward to smashing through it!

Current struggles: Heading out on a short trip (to warmth and sun, yay!)...I'm a little worried about staying on track away from home. There will likely be some splurges over the next 5 days, but I will do my best.

Current strengths: I know I can take MFP with me to help me stay on track!
  • gaminaltime
    gaminaltime Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Joining new here :) hello everyone ! I am back on the wagon after a longggg time. Need to lose my post pregnancy weight. Not able to workout now but keen on kicking out my still lunging preg cravings ;) and start a healthy diet. I know I m late here but better now than never. :)

Report for 2/17
    Stay under calorie intake : yes
    Vitamins: yes
    Water 8 cups : yes
    Snacking : no

Current struggle : snacking mindlessly on cheese savouries,cheese puffs and cream biscuits. I need to substitute them with fruits,milk, dates and nuts.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Date: Thursday 18 Feb
    Armbar drills: No. Wish I could do them alone...
    Hanging crunches: 10, need to do more
    Exercise minutes: 30 min walk and then 45 min fitness followed by 90 min judo bjj combo competition prep session
    Stayed under calorie goal: A little over, but burned loads today pushing really hard!
    Other healthy habits to focus on: low carb! YES

Goal weight for 28 Feb competition: Under 68 kgs
    Current weight on 18 Feb : 67.6 WooHoo that is comp weight! Now to just maintain...

Current struggles: Need to stay strict with my diet to stay in the zone for comp!

Current strengths: Hitting competition weight removes that stress in my prep. My best friend is basically my personal bjj coach who pushes me every time I step on the mat and her boyfriend teaches me awesome judo stuff. Having them prep me for comp is awesome!

• gaminaltime
    gaminaltime Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Joining new here :) hello everyone ! I am back on the wagon after a longggg time. Need to lose my post pregnancy weight. Not able to workout now but keen on kicking out my still lunging preg cravings ;) and start a healthy diet. I know I m late here but better now than never. :)

Report for 2/17
    Stay under calorie intake : yes
    Vitamins: yes
    Snacking : no

Current struggle : snacking mindlessly on cheese savouries,cheese puffs and cream biscuits. I need to substitute them with fruits,milk, dates and nuts.

2/18
    Stay under calorie : yes
    Vitamins : yes
    Cut snacking : yes

Good day ! But a very long one :tired_face: Could not wait for the day to finish and go to bed and forget about snacks :triumph:
  • bellew62802
    Options
    @gaminaltime , Hello and welcome!! Boot the munchies to the curb and bring in the fruits,amd veggies for snacks. Carrots are a nice and crunchy snack and take a bit of time to chew so maybe that would help :-)
    @newbie2143 , it sure is a challenge to do the planks for 2 minutes. Sounds easy but boy it takes all I've got and then some to keep my butt from dragging! Lol!
    @ CaptainBoing, woohoo for your loss!

Date: 2/18
    Water (8+): No
    Exercise time: Does going to 3 different docs in one day count towards exercis ;-) I did walk 3 1/2 flights of stairs anyway
    Stayed under calorie goal: Yes

Current Weight: 170
    Gain/loss vs last week: Loss

Current Struggles: Time for exercise today didn't happen as my last doc appt was over at 6 tgen drive home and supper. I do not workout in the evening since I have so much trouble sleeping.

Current Strengths: Walked stairs and parked car further away from entrance doirs at docs. Brought my lunch with me including a banana and almonds too. That way I wouldn't be tempted to swing into a fast,food drive through. Believe me, the thought did cross my mind...
  • Dory_42
    Options
    @bellew62802 Well done on avoiding the temptation of fast food!!!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Date: Friday 19 Feb
    Armbar drills: A few
    Hanging crunches: no...
    Exercise minutes: 45 min fitness and 60 min bjj
    Stayed under calorie goal: Within my zone and resisted the McFlurry temptation. Forgot to drink coffee (how did that happen?!?) so hit horrible energy slump in afternoon
    Other healthy habits to focus on: low carb! NO...

Current weight on 18 Feb : 67.6 WooHoo that is comp weight! Now to just maintain...

Current struggles: Need to stay strict with my diet to stay in the zone for comp! Breathing during training...

Current strengths: My friends! Saw my favourite biokenetesist today and gave him a huge hug. Big strong guy complains that I am too strong! He then goes on to rave about how well I am going to do at comp.
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Date: 2/19
    Vitamins/ Meds: Yes
    Water (8+): Yes
    Exercise time::75 minutes total for cardio and strength

Current weight: 170
    Stayed under calorie goal: yes

Current struggles: "Hi! My name is Betsy and I am a chocoholic." You know the craving is strong when you dream you have eaten chocolate cake.

Current Strengths: Resisting having chocolate until my "cheat" day. I'm feeling so good, I may just skip the cheat day. We shall see.

@CaptainBoing, Thanks for the kudos! Also kudos right back at you for resisting a McFlurry! Forgot coffee? How does one do that?! ;-)
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/18
    Physical activity: just my Fitbit steps... Got lots in rushing around getting ready for my trip
    Logged food intake: yes, just at calorie goal

Current weight: 140.5

Current struggles: staying on track while on vacation..

Current strengths: I may not hit my calorie goals while on vacay, but will keep tracking.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Date: Saturday 20 Feb
    Armbar drills: No, but 60 min of other bjj drills
    Hanging crunches: no...
    Exercise minutes: 45 min fitness and 120 min bjj
    Stayed under calorie goal: Within my zone and even had a treat lunch. Last treat until after comp weigh in next Sunday morning
    Other healthy habits to focus on: low carb! NO...

Current struggles: Need to stay strict with my diet to stay in the zone for comp! Breathing during training...

Current strengths: I have done all the prep I can, now I just relax this week and do some light low intensity for a few days and focus on the mental aspect!

@bellew62802: Crazy busy day is how you forget coffee. If I don't schedule my meals, I do the same with food...
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/20 (on vacation)
    Physical activity: Walked all day long
    Logged food intake: yes, over calorie goal by a fair margin!
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Had a beer
    Work on meditation: No

Current weight: tbd next Friday... if day 2 of this trip any indication, it's not going to be good