Daily Healthy Habits Challenge-FEBRUARY

Options

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    jppiehl wrote: »
    Good afternoon. Anyone have tips to losing 3lbs in one week? I know its not that good for you to do that but I really wanted to not gain weight this week. Would like to get back to the weeks starting weight and maybe lose 1lb. Just starting to getting a bit frustrated.

Date reporting about: 2/6
    Took vitamins & other meds: Yes
    Physical activity: fitbit steps (still over 5,000 want to be higher but happy with anything over 3,00p)
    Water (24-64floz): 12oz, drank 16oz of coffee so did not feel like drinking a lot of water.
    Logged food intake: Yes
    Eating 3-6 times daily: better about eating at each meal time but still ate a lot more cal & sweets before going to bed.

Goal weight for 3/1: 198
    Current weight: 202.8 not liking going up in weight and staying there 2 days in a row. I really think stress is playing a part.
    Gain/loss vs last week: gained 2lbs in one week, hoping by Thurs I can get back down to 200 again.

Current struggles: eating through out the day and not eating 1-2 hr before bed. Need to get down to 199lb to feel like I'm on a path to loosing.

Current strengths: feeling not as tired. Sticking with tracking food. Finally consistently taking meds. Drinking more fluids.

@jppiehl,
    Here are my two cents:
    Gaining weight when you are trying to lose IS frustrating, I'm pretty sure we have all been there. I'm actually up 1/2 lb. since Friday too. What I am learning is that this process is not linear. There will be ups and downs, and we are in this for the long game. On past attempts at doing this, I have been so focused on what the scale was saying from week to week that I gave up entirely after a few weeks out of frustration. Where did that get me? This time around, I am learning to be patient with myself and to focus on getting done what I need to do (my "Healthy Habits"), knowing that it may take several months of ups and downs as my body adjusts to reach my target weight. I have nothing but time ahead of me, right? I know it is easy to feel defeated when the number on the scale isn't where you want it to be, but if you think about the changes you have made to be healthier, isn't that something to be proud of? At least you are working on it.

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but I really hope you don't get so frustrated you stop trying... Trust the process... If you are hitting your calorie goals, keep at it and the weight loss will eventually start up again. Keep working on those FitBit steps, and try not to eat what you earn through exercise. On a side note, I'm not sure if you are using a kitchen scale/measuring cups/measuring spoons for logging purposes, but I wasn't at first and I think it really threw off my calorie tracking and was part of the reason it wasn't working for me before. If you aren't, you might want to try and see if that helps.
  • Julipax
    Julipax Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    newbie2143 wrote: »
    jppiehl wrote: »
    Good afternoon. Anyone have tips to losing 3lbs in one week? I know its not that good for you to do that but I really wanted to not gain weight this week. Would like to get back to the weeks starting weight and maybe lose 1lb. Just starting to getting a bit frustrated.

Date reporting about: 2/6
    Physical activity: fitbit steps (still over 5,000 want to be higher but happy with anything over 3,00p)
    Water (24-64floz): 12oz, drank 16oz of coffee so did not feel like drinking a lot of water.
    Eating 3-6 times daily: better about eating at each meal time but still ate a lot more cal & sweets before going to bed.

Current weight: 202.8 not liking going up in weight and staying there 2 days in a row. I really think stress is playing a part.
    Gain/loss vs last week: gained 2lbs in one week, hoping by Thurs I can get back down to 200 again.

Current struggles: eating through out the day and not eating 1-2 hr before bed. Need to get down to 199lb to feel like I'm on a path to loosing.

Current strengths: feeling not as tired. Sticking with tracking food. Finally consistently taking meds. Drinking more fluids.

@jppiehl,
    Here are my two cents:
    Gaining weight when you are trying to lose IS frustrating, I'm pretty sure we have all been there. I'm actually up 1/2 lb. since Friday too. What I am learning is that this process is not linear. There will be ups and downs, and we are in this for the long game. On past attempts at doing this, I have been so focused on what the scale was saying from week to week that I gave up entirely after a few weeks out of frustration. Where did that get me? This time around, I am learning to be patient with myself and to focus on getting done what I need to do (my "Healthy Habits"), knowing that it may take several months of ups and downs as my body adjusts to reach my target weight. I have nothing but time ahead of me, right? I know it is easy to feel defeated when the number on the scale isn't where you want it to be, but if you think about the changes you have made to be healthier, isn't that something to be proud of? At least you are working on it.

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but I really hope you don't get so frustrated you stop trying... Trust the process... If you are hitting your calorie goals, keep at it and the weight loss will eventually start up again. Keep working on those FitBit steps, and try not to eat what you earn through exercise. On a side note, I'm not sure if you are using a kitchen scale/measuring cups/measuring spoons for logging purposes, but I wasn't at first and I think it really threw off my calorie tracking and was part of the reason it wasn't working for me before. If you aren't, you might want to try and see if that helps.

I agree! I finally made peace with how long this is going to take this time. I realized that in order to move the number on the scale, I can't focus on the scale. Instead, I have to focus on what it takes to move the needle. That's the whole reason I created this board. When I focus on the habits, the scale moves more effortlessly, and I don't worry about the scale's ups and downs as much. I tend to hang onto my weight at every decade change e.g. 170 to 169, 160 to 159. I finally let go of that 160th pound this week, but they never shed as easily. The next 8 pounds will drop, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if I weighed in right now and the scale said 161. I did have a Super Bowl party yesterday. Since focusing on my habits, I dont weigh as consistently. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes weekly. When I obsess on the scale, I weigh 2x per day. That wasn't a healthy behavior for me. My best advice, be consistent and patient. I have 30 more pounds to go. If I have it off by 9/1, I'll be happy with my progress.
  • Julipax
    Options
    Date: 2/7
    Vitamin: Yes
    Water (8+): 6
    Exercise calories burned: crazy cleaning, tons of steps
    Stayed under calorie goal: No, but going over by 200 surprised me! I thought I would have been over by 700 given my party yesterday
    2 t. Olive oil: no
    2 servings dairy: yes

Goal weight for 3/1: 150
    Current weight week of 2/7: 159
    Gain/loss vs last week: 1 lb.

Current struggles: water

Current strengths: Determination/consistency
  • bellew62802
    bellew62802 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Date: 2/8
    Vitamin & meds: Yes
    Water (8+): 9
    Exercise time: Stationary bike for 60 minutes plus pelvic lifts and plank 45 secs (daily challenge increasing time each day)
    Stayed under calorie goal: Yes

Goal weight for 3/1: 168
    Current weight week of 2/1: 174
    Gain/loss vs last week: 172.4 (YAY!)

Current struggles: Timing for exercise
    Current strengths: Boogeying with the struggle :)
  • ameerah3333
    ameerah3333 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Ameerah and I hope I can join in.

I just logged in to MFP after a 5 year hiatus and I must say a lot has changed and I'm totally digging it.

I like most have MANY issues with food and am very extreme. Either I'm stuffing my face with fatty no good food or I'm not eating. Both are not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. I think being a regular MFP user and engaging with the community can be beneficial. I also think that together we can conquer it all. :smiley: I'm here for the long haul so I hope you are prepared, lol.

Vitamin: no
    Water (8+): yes
    Exercise calories burned: 0
    Stayed under calorie goal: Wasn't tracking yet
    Other healthy habits to focus on: clean eating (balance)

Goal weight for 3/1: 140
    Current weight week of 2/6: 146
    Gain/loss vs last week: n/a

Current struggles: Late night snacking, chocolate chip cookies

Current strengths: logging back in to MFP after 5 years

I'm really excited to begin this journey!!!

take care,
    A
  • ameerah3333
    edited February 2016
    Options

Awesome! Keep it up!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Date: Monday 8 Feb
    Armbar drills: Yes, but not nearly enough
    Hanging crunches: 20
    Exercise minutes: 90 min bjj
    Stayed under calorie goal: Yes, within the right o for me
    Other healthy habits to focus on: low carb! Did well on this.

Goal weight for 28 Feb competition: Under 68 kgs
    Current weight on 9 Feb : 69.4 kgs

Current struggles: Eating properly to drop weight for competition! Busy work week when I want to be prepping for Saturday's competition. My knee is playing up a bit!

Current strengths: Commitment to training! All the support from my friends and team mates...

Today is judo day! Yay! Gonna ask the boys to throw me numerous times because they always moan that I'm scared to get thrown and I need to get over it...
  • Julipax
    Options
    Water (8+): 9!
    Exercise calories burned: 667 (getting faster at my swimming!
    Stayed under calorie goal: yes
    2 t. Olive oil: no
    2 servings dairy: no

Goal weight for 3/1: 150
    Current weight week of 2/7: 159
    Gain/loss vs last week: 1 lb.

Current struggles: Diet Cokes

Current strengths: Determination/consistency
  • newbie2143
    Options
    ^ @bellew62802, "Boogeying with the struggle"- love this!

Report for : 2/8
    Physical activity : yes, gym -cardio and weights

Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Yes
    Work on meditation: Yes

Goal weight for 3/1: 138.5 (1.5 lbs/week)
    Current weight: tbd Friday. I'm in a bit of a plateau I think...

Current struggles: Hubby away with work a lot this month... Its going to take extra planning to fit my workouts in around my work & kids' schedules... It is also forecast to get really cold and snowy again here & I know what THAT does to my motivation to be active... Must stay on track!

Current strengths: I'm really pleased that logging daily (and usually achieving calorie goals) is no longer a chore... Just a normal part of my day.
  • jppiehl
    jppiehl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Date reporting about: 2/7
    Physical activity: fitbit steps were only 1589 since I was very busy but seditary the whole day.
    Water (24-64floz): 30oz, drank 16oz of coffee so did not feel like drinking a lot of water.
    Eating 3-6 times daily: better about eating at each meal time but missed most of breakfast just had time for a little food.

Current weight: 202
    Gain/loss vs last week: gained 2lbs

Current struggles: eating through out the day and not eating 1-2 hr before bed.

• jppiehl
    jppiehl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your tips and help. Eating more fiber and drinking more water helped. Don't worry I won't give up no matter what. It's just so frustrating gaining a lot in just one week. But by the end of the week I'm back down again so back on track.

Date reporting about: 2/8
    Took vitamins & other meds: oops only took vitamins forgot my meds
    Physical activity: fitbit steps 2,880. Got a good workout in with interval treadmill and weights.
    Water (24-64floz): 20floz
    Eating 3-6 times daily: better about eating at each meal time but breakfast still my hardest meal.

Current weight: 199
    Gain/loss vs last week: 3lbs! In one day.

Current struggles: eating through out the day and not eating 1-2 hr before bed. Sweet craving starting to sneak in.

Current strengths: Sticking with tracking food. Drinking more fluids. Still working out at least once a week.
  • ameerah3333
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Opps, yesterday I put the incorrect day, oh well.

Water (8+): 10
    Exercise calories burned: 267, treadmill and abs workout
    Stayed under calorie goal: Yep, but macros not so good
    Other healthy habits to focus on: clean eating and macro goal

Goal weight for March 1: 140
    Current weight as of February 5: 146
    Gain/loss vs last week: Next weigh in February 13
    Body fat goal March 1: 27%
    Current Body fat: 27.6%

Current struggles: Getting to bed before midnight, maintaining macros, reducing sugar intake, consistency

Current strengths: logging back in to MFP after 5 years, support of MFPers :)
  • Shannan8
    Shannan8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vitamin: No
    Water (8+): 6
    Exercise calories burned: 500
    Other healthy habits to focus on: daily water intake

Goal weight for 3/1: 158
    Current weight week of 2/8: 157
    Gain/loss vs last week:

Current struggles: Not seeing results

Current strengths: My commitment to lose the weight by August 8th
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Welcome back ameerah!

Shannan, keep burning those calories and you will see the desired results!

jppiehl, YAY on your loss!

newbie, you are def on track!

captain, you sound so ready for your competition. Wish you the best!

julie, just remember that coke can clean corrosion off of battery terminals!

Date: 2/9
    Water (8+): 10
    Exercise time: 64 minutesTreadmill walking: incline 3,6 10 @ various speeds 3-3.8. plus pelvic lifts and plank 1 minute (daily challenge increasing time each day)

Current struggles: Chocolate craving! UGH!
    Current strengths: Did not eat any!

• yoursingingrealtor
    Options

Vitamin: y
    Water (8+): 4
    Exercise calories burned: 150 cardio. Not sure about weight training. Did 35 mins

Stayed under calorie goal: I didn't log. I will tomorrow
    Other healthy habits to focus on: had some smarties today. No sweets for the future

Goal weight for 3/1: 190
    Current weight week of 2/1: 203.6
    Gain/loss vs last week: no clue

Current struggles: staying away from sweets such as cake or chocolate .

Current strengths: I'm not a fast food person. Eat that maybe once a year of ever. I cook every day and make heathy meals for my family .
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Water (8+): lots & lots!!
    Exercise calories burned: 600

Goal weight for 3/1: 162
    Current weight week of 2/1: 170
    Gain/loss vs last week: remained

Current strengths: p90

Current struggles: being sick:/
  • Julipax
    Options
    Water (8+): lots & lots!!
    Exercise calories burned: 600

Goal weight for 3/1: 162
    Current weight week of 2/1: 170
    Gain/loss vs last week: remained

Current strengths: p90

Current struggles: being sick:/

Sick and you still burned 600! Impressive!
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Hi everyone, it sounds like you are all doing well! @White_hibiscus , I hope you feel better soon!

Report for : 2/8
    Physical activity: no, took a rest day, feeling like I overdid it at the gym Monday :(

Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Yes
    Work on meditation: Yes

Goal weight for 3/1: 138.5 (1.5 lbs/week)
    Current weight: tbd Friday. I'm in a bit of a plateau I think...

Current struggles: Sore hip - IT band? Hip flexor? Time to spend some time on my foam roller...
    Current strengths: the knowledge I can ride out the weight plateau...

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Date: Tuesday 9 Feb
    Armbar drills: No
    Hanging crunches: 10
    Exercise minutes: 60 min weights, 60 min judo
    Stayed under calorie goal: Didn't log everything. Didn't make healthiest choices bit also didn't eat that much
    Other healthy habits to focus on: low carb! Not at all, carb fest...

Goal weight for 28 Feb competition: Under 68 kgs
    Current weight on 9 Feb : 69.4 kgs

Current struggles: possible minor concussion from judo...

Current strengths: shocked my trainer yesterday at how much I was benching and then when he brought me a proper weight for rows, he was impressed to note it actually wasn't much bigger than what I had been using
  • bellew62802
    Options

Date: 2/10
    Water (8+): 9
    Exercise time: 67 minutes elliptical and stationary bike total of 12.4 miles

Current struggles: Stressful tiring day with grandson
    Current strengths: Husband who supports me :-)