Do you even kale?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love kale but I also love spinach and chard. I think cabbage though is the most underrated vegetable.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure kale's roots reach all the way into the depths of hell, and draw its flavor right from the source. It's Satan's salad vegetable.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm pretty sure kale's roots reach all the way into the depths of hell, and draw its flavor right from the source. It's Satan's salad vegetable.

Nah that's sprouts! The only way to reclaim them from the claws of satan is to hide them under a thick cloak of curry sauce.

I cavolo nero here.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    People do have different taste buds and some are quite sensitive to bitter. Source can make a difference, however. Picking it fresh late in the season when it's sweeter really is better than the bagged grocery store variety.
  • chimpy123
    chimpy123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like it in my morning shake - add kale to frozen mango, frozen pineapple, coconut water, and vanilla whey protein - its neon green but tastes amazing!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    There are many types of kale just as there are many types of lettuces. All of them have a unique taste so I am dubious when people say they don't like kale.

Red Russian Kale, for example, is tender and mildly sweet. It is undeniably palatable. For this reason I declare that no one can truly denounce kale.

Red_Russian_Kale_001.sized.jpg
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    There are many types of kale just as there are many types of lettuces. All of them have a unique taste so I am dubious when people say they don't like kale.

Red Russian Kale, for example, is tender and mildly sweet. It is undeniably palatable. For this reason I declare that no one can truly denounce kale.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, red kale is far less harsh than green. Also baby kale, which is often packaged just like baby spinach, is very mild as well.
  • boofmylumpia
    boofmylumpia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    37ml48v4g0xq.jpg

Limited edition kale bruh