• srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Prayers....
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You'll be alright.

It's one of the most easily treatable cancers when caught early, like this has been. And well done for seeing people as soon as you noticed changes; many people don't, which is when you get the poorer outcomes.

A friend had a second biopsy on his tongue today, and that is what his consultant told him.
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    massive hugs to you mate ! YOU ARE A FIGHTER....your words say it ! you will be in my prayers x
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    Stay Strong, and know that you are surrounded by love and support. I hope you beat the h@!! out of cancer, and push it so far into remission that it won't dare to rear it's ugly head again in your body!
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    First of all, with your permission, I would like to pray for you and your loved ones.

I think it probably was therapeutic for you to let it out again and do this has often as you need to, to help you through this. Personally even though I do not know you, you have all it takes to be all right fighting this monster. You have youth, good health and a positive attitude!

I wish you the best of luck. You are more then welcomed to add me to your friends list. I have a strong shoulder.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Things are going to be surreal for a while. You will float through these upcoming weeks, but you will never forget a moment. Get a notebook and take it to every appt to take notes. You will remember your dr's garlic breath, but you won't remember a thing s/he said.

Ditto.
    My thoughts are with you and it sounds like you have a good doctor with a good plan! I still remember when I was first diagnosed with cancer and the feeling of uncertainty and that things were out of my control were very hard but it does get better! And I know it helped me to share in some online communities, sometimes it was easier to talk about my feelings there then to family and friends.
  • samdavis512
    samdavis512 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My wife is a cancer survivor and she is doing fine by the Grace of God !
    You would be fine ,my prayers for a strong mental frame of mind and blessing from above
    sam
    India
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You will be okay, you are in the best shape of your life, and that truly helps. I'm a cancer survivor, my 10 year anniversary of being cancer free is in 8 days. Stay positive, and fight. You can and will beat this!

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are experiencing this situation and I know you have the strength to overcome it. Just take it one day at a time and know that you're not alone. Trust in God. Hope you're feeling well today. Take care.
  • hadiyajade
    hadiyajade Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW... My heart goes out to you.... It is real... I'm sitting at my desk at work reading this post and the first thing i do is cry.... Sorry... I'm sappy like that... just can understand what your going through... All Prayers in the world are with you...
  • Lady_Clarington
    Lady_Clarington Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just another stranger from the interwebz letting you know that you've one more person in your army ready to stand by and do battle.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, sort of. I just had a ridiculously huge lump in my breast, like the size of a golf ball. It scared the crap outta me because it popped up basically overnight, and although for two months doctors were telling me it was probably just a cyst or an abcess, the unknown was driving me a bit nuts. Thank God it was confirmed yesterday that it was simply a cyst that could be taken care of with antibiotics. The odd thing is that I smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish for 12 years, so I was pretty sure it was cancer and had just accepted the fact that I had done this to myself or at least contributed to it. It doesn't seem fair seeing as how you didn't smoke or seem to abuse your body much at all.

What bothered me the most was not the possible end of my own mortality. I was more stressed out about what it would do to my parents to lose their only child. I kept telling myself that it's better to know when you're going to die so that you can do everything you wanted to do, say your goodbyes, etc. as opposed to being hit by a bus suddenly or dying in a plane crash. This rationale helped prepare me for being ok with the results if the worst happened.

All of that being said, there have been major advancements in cancer treatments, and it is great that you have been keeping up with your doctors and caught it early. I know it's scary. I have lost several relatives to cancer, but the most important thing is to keep as positive of an attitude as you can. It can work wonders. And don't be afraid to ask about educational seminars on treatments, side effects, etc. of this process. It will make you feel better to be informed. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Do your best to stay positive. It sounds like there's a good chance it's going to workout. I am so sorry that you have to go through this!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

One thing is certain: I'm ready to put up the fight of my life and come out on the other side as a stronger person.

Wow. Heavy news, and lots to digest for you, I'm sure. I can't even imagine the range of emotions you're going through. I don't even know you, but can tell that you're going to persevere. This is the right attitude. One day at a time. You will beat this.

I can't even imagine the shell shock that you encountered, but your attitude is the way to go. Wishing you the best on your fight! You can beat this!
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I read your story because I know it can happen to any of us. Stay strong! Never give up!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Fight hard, pray, have faith!!
    Best advice I can give.
    I'm a two time breast cancer survivor.
    Hang tough!! lots of prayers for you!
  • ckilby21
    ckilby21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you.
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you. This was hard to read, can't even imagine how you're feeling. Fight this with everything you got!!
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My uncle had the same situation and same surgery and radiation and that was 6 years ago and he is going strong. : )
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You can get through this...I have...the news is like worst then a cold shower...you sort of enter a dark tunnel when you get told 'you have cancer'...no, it is not a forgettable experience but you are lucky the doctor said 'you will be ok' as mine had said to me and this was 25 years ago...

Hugs and good thoughts going your way....