Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out how to post the pic from my phone. So I changed my avi.

ETA: It was amazing!

Haha! That's awesome!

I can see me finishing the box tonight, but I don't have the cals for it.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Haha! That's awesome!

It was bonus day at work. They provided us with donuts and then pizza at lunch.
    Then tonight me and the redhead went to a banquet so I'm way over my calorie budget for the day.

Oh well. There was chocolate cake with cookies and cream icing.
    #sorrynotsorry
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Haha! That's awesome!

It was bonus day at work. They provided us with donuts and then pizza at lunch.
    Then tonight me and the redhead went to a banquet so I'm way over my calorie budget for the day.

Oh well. There was chocolate cake with cookies and cream icing.
    #sorrynotsorry

Ah, that sounds so good! Just a little jealous over here.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    479713_1497906806889704_236880271948087262_n.jpg?oh=ac142f3648ff44cc457ff50e8e66ad49&oe=5752AA75

I disagree with white fudge as it is an oxymoron.

[

*scratches head*

I don't see it. Fudge does not have to be chocolate. Or is it white chocolate that is the problem?

FWIW I don't like nearly all white chocolate - all sweet, no taste. Though there are exceptions.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    479713_1497906806889704_236880271948087262_n.jpg?oh=ac142f3648ff44cc457ff50e8e66ad49&oe=5752AA75

[

*scratches head*

I don't see it. Fudge does not have to be chocolate. Or is it white chocolate that is the problem?

FWIW I don't like nearly all white chocolate - all sweet, no taste. Though there are exceptions.

Yes white chocolate is a huge problem.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

[

*scratches head*

Well technically white chocolate isn't really chocolate... it's still tasty though... and I really like the white fudge covered Oreos.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In the UK and I'm guessing a lot of Europe fudge isn't chocolate at all http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3148690/vintage-vanilla-fudge

Back to oreos.
    I have to say, all the different flavored oreos are full of sadness. I stick to regular or double stuff. The others just disappoint. Not my opinion. It's a fact of science.

gif2-1-gif.gif

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Mint Oreo, ice cream sandwiches! :sunglasses:

Holy heavens to Betsy...How have I not found these before?????
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    They were giving out samples of Cinnamon Roll and Red velvet oreos today at the supermarket!

So naturally you circled the aisle a dozen times or so, correct?
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

[

*scratches head*

Well technically white chocolate isn't really chocolate... it's still tasty though... and I really like the white fudge covered Oreos.

White chocolate is an abomination to all things holy. It shouldn't even be a thing. It's like eating wax.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

[

*scratches head*

White chocolate is an abomination to all things holy. It shouldn't even be a thing. It's like eating wax.

Amen
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

[

*scratches head*

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to say.
  • Malzbell
    Malzbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here's how you hide them from the kids...

u0mxha8djy7e.gif

lol i love this
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    Well, I couldn't do it. I couldn't stick to finishing off the trader joe's snowmen cookies before opening the next package of oreos in the expiration date line. Not even a day!

Which means I finally got to the gingerbread oreos. The gingery taste was a touch too strong so it's only the wafer part for the next two packages. Or was the gingery taste in the filling? Ugh, now I'm gonna have to taste test!
  • marvinjoa
    marvinjoa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JShailen wrote: »
    [...]
    I have to say, all the different flavored oreos are full of sadness. I stick to regular or double stuff. The others just disappoint. Not my opinion. It's a fact of science.
    [...]

Yeah cause you're from the UK and all we have in Europe (I'm from Germany btw) are the gross Oreos which were produced either in the UK or Spain. And even the original Oreos here taste nothing like the original Oreos from the US. Gonna get a batch of new flavors in May from the US.
  • thereplay
    thereplay Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    well im only on the first page but here goes

Double stuff is easily twice as good as the 1x stuffing, they really hit the nail on the head.

The mega stuff is wayy too much filling.

Mint oreos are awesome, I cant beleive i went so long without taking the risk to try them.

I tried smores oreos months back and they were also pretty great.

Never tried the PB ones, but dont like PB all that much.

Whoever said milanos are better is nuts... milanos are so dry, there isnt enough chocolate to cookie ratio. Brussels by pepperidge farm are the right ratio, and the cookie is better. unfortunately, they dont come in any flavors and the one flavor they did have (mint) was discontinued... *kitten*.

I like to soak mine in milk, to the point they are on the borderline of soggy, but not yet completely falling apart.
    Or i like to overload them in vanilla ice cream, not like the ratio you buy at the store.

Also I make it a point to buy the season "colors" when they have them.. right now they are yellow for easter, but they also have orange for halloween, and red for christmas, i thought they also had another color for spring, but i may be getting mixed up with the yellow easter ones. I feel like my experience with the colored ones is they are softer (the sugar/cream) and soak up milk faster (cookie).

Ive tried cinnamon bun - disgusting
    red velvet - not as bad, but not as good as original
    smores - great
    mega stuf --- blechhhh

When they disconitnued oreo cakesters I almost cried.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    mk732 wrote: »
    Oreos are okay.

These are the greatest packaged cookies of all time:

1097099.jpg

ok i agree with this
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    marvinjoa wrote: »
    [...]
    [...]

Yeah cause you're from the UK and all we have in Europe (I'm from Germany btw) are the gross Oreos which were produced either in the UK or Spain. And even the original Oreos here taste nothing like the original Oreos from the US. Gonna get a batch of new flavors in May from the US.

I'm American but have been living in England for several years. I agree that the oreos on this side of the atlantic don't taste the same but I still think they're great.

Also, coke and pepsi taste slightly different...no idea why :D
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    marvinjoa wrote: »
    [...]
    [...]

I'm American but have been living in England for several years. I agree that the oreos on this side of the atlantic don't taste the same but I still think they're great.

Also, coke and pepsi taste slightly different...no idea why :D

I think most soda over in the UK (and Europe as a whole, maybe?) is sweetened with sugar and in the US most soda has high fructose corn syrup for sweetener.

A couple years ago the Pepsi company released Pepsi and Mountain Dew sweetened with "real sugar" and I can taste the difference between those and the regular stuff.

I can guzzle the regular ones (which is why I've switched to Diet almost exclusively) but the sugar-sweetened ones taste a little better and feel more thirst-quenching. The thirst-quenching is a personal preference sort of thing, most likely....I doubt there's any science to it :)

~Lyssa
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The only cookies I buy are Oreos. Because those are the only ones I really don't care for.