Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    The only cookies I buy are Oreos. Because those are the only ones I really don't care for.

Your whole world is upside down.
  • marvinjoa
    marvinjoa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JShailen wrote: »
    marvinjoa wrote: »
    JShailen wrote: »
    [...]
    I have to say, all the different flavored oreos are full of sadness. I stick to regular or double stuff. The others just disappoint. Not my opinion. It's a fact of science.
    [...]

Yeah cause you're from the UK and all we have in Europe (I'm from Germany btw) are the gross Oreos which were produced either in the UK or Spain. And even the original Oreos here taste nothing like the original Oreos from the US. Gonna get a batch of new flavors in May from the US.

I'm American but have been living in England for several years. I agree that the oreos on this side of the atlantic don't taste the same but I still think they're great.

Also, coke and pepsi taste slightly different...no idea why :D

Like macgurlnet said it's the sugar vs corn syrup in those drinks.

For me, I only purchase European Oreos like once every year or less. The last Oreo I ate was in June last year and I'm still not craving for the EU Oreos to get a pack, but I wouldn't say no to US Oreos!
    I already filed a complaint about that to Nabisco/Kraft Foods/whatever it's called righ now in the EU,
    And they were like "they are totally okay" and I just thought well then you guys from the customer support never tried an actual Oreo.
    Well but somehow it's good to have my desire limited to the US ones, cause I could eat those Oreos 24/7.

• Carlos_421
    Options
    Yesterday I had the opportunity to try the cupcake and cinnamon bun varieties.

The cupcake ones I would rank below the brownie batter. The cinnamon bun reminds me of a cinnamon sugar poptart.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Screenshot_2016-02-29-12-57-31_zpsqeb4aekr.png
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Carlos, you had it right with your first post. Why even bother with these other flavors? Also, you nailed it when you said mint oreos are disgusting sacrilege. That is exactly what they are.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Carlos, you had it right with your first post. Why even bother with these other flavors? Also, you nailed it when you said mint oreos are disgusting sacrilege. That is exactly what they are.

I tried em because I was at my folks' and they didn't have originals.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

:D

Hate those flaps though. They always stop sticking after a while and are apparently too hard for kids to close properly (SIGH).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    The gingerbread oreos don't even have the flap. Once it's opened...it stays opened.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I went to the store and found some white fudge covered Oreo's. They are never available this long after Christmas. I am so happy!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread (and the Oreo Industrial Complex) I bought a thing of Oreos yesterday. Oreos were like 25% of yesterday's calories. I should do that every day to prove all these clean-eaters wrong but I don't mind saving them a little so they are more special to me.

How do you guys deal with the milk dunking? I debated weighing my little cup of milk before and after to figure out how much I'd used but I didn't want to spoil the purity of the first night's Oreo experience so I just eyeballed how much milk was consumed.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Hate those flaps though. They always stop sticking after a while and are apparently too hard for kids to close properly (SIGH).

I haven't had that problem. The flap has always worked perfectly for me - but then I DO close it properly. Can't let the Oreos go stale!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    hj4p1dya3ivi.jpeg
    I made this over the weekend. Oreo icebox cake. Used birthday cake Oreos. Red velvet flavor is next

• MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    MMmmm... Oreos. I probably eat about 90% clean, but I'm not striving to be a complete clean eater. I ate my allotted 3 Oreos last night. Ate them as slow as I could, pulled off the top, broke it in half, nibbled it, ate the other half, then half the cream, the other half, start on the bottom. Probably took about an hour to eat those three. I don't like a lot of packaged cookies, but I make an exception for original Oreos.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    hj4p1dya3ivi.jpeg
    I made this over the weekend. Oreo icebox cake. Used birthday cake Oreos. Red velvet flavor is next

Interesting. How was the texture of the oreos after freezing them with the cool whip? Did they stay crunchy, or turn more into the texture of an ice cream sandwich?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread (and the Oreo Industrial Complex) I bought a thing of Oreos yesterday. Oreos were like 25% of yesterday's calories. I should do that every day to prove all these clean-eaters wrong but I don't mind saving them a little so they are more special to me.

How do you guys deal with the milk dunking? I debated weighing my little cup of milk before and after to figure out how much I'd used but I didn't want to spoil the purity of the first night's Oreo experience so I just eyeballed how much milk was consumed.

Just drink the last of it. Oreo cookie crumble milk is divine. :)
  • KVS1985
    KVS1985 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like the Thin ones. So good.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Here's how you hide them from the kids...

GENIUS!!!!!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    hj4p1dya3ivi.jpeg

Interesting. How was the texture of the oreos after freezing them with the cool whip? Did they stay crunchy, or turn more into the texture of an ice cream sandwich?

I did not freeze the cake. I dipped the Oreos in milk for a few seconds. Softens them up. Then cool whip on top and another layer oreos then cool whip. It has a little crunchyness. The more you soak them in the milk the less crunchy. This could use come chocolate sauce once you plate it. This is so simple to make.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

You're just not eating them fast enough ;)
  • Carlos_421
    Options

You're just not eating them fast enough ;)

That was my thought too.
    Just how long could anyone need the bag to able to reseal?