Why get into a relationship if your a cheater???

Options
1235»

Replies

• billbraskey
    billbraskey Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Well, you should definitely lodge a formal complaint after you post a few more selfies

8kuomceopga4.jpeg
    Does someone need a manpon and some midol :cry:

lol has anyone asked this woman to marry them yet? if not i got first dibs
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Well, you should definitely lodge a formal complaint after you post a few more selfies

8kuomceopga4.jpeg
    Does someone need a manpon and some midol :cry:

lol has anyone asked this woman to marry them yet? if not i got first dibs

You apparently can't see very well. Or did you just block out the ring she's wearing??
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What bothers me more is why people kill each other over affairs. I can never understand that. There is no line between wrong or right anymore.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Why get into a relationship if you're a cheater? Simple. If you weren't in a relationship, you wouldn't be a cheater. Duh.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    What I have noticed is that people will usually end up with an SO that emulates their parent. I'm a lot like my wife's dad and she's definitely a lot like my mom.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    MakeupMegs wrote: »
    Not always, but in a lot of cases I believe a cheater (especially serial cheaters) is someone who needs a lot of reassurance/ego boosting- regardless of how amazing their spouse may or may not be, I think a lot of cheaters are insecure people that just need to know they are wanted regardless of the attraction level/ connection level with the other person. I think these types of cheaters just want validation anywhere they can find it, because they need other people to make them feel good about themselves- the sad part with these types is that no one will ever be enough for them, because they don't realize that the problem is within themselves.

I agree with this. But I've also encountered guys, especially guys in rock bands, who were married or in relationships & had massive egos, kissing & flirting with other women at shows (fans/groupies). I don't understand how anyone can cheat & not feel remorse, but it could be a mental thing too like you implied where something isn't right with them mentally, they're not happy or content & they do foolish things to "numb" it, only it doesn't work. It's honestly a mystery as to why people do these things.
  • Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Well if Dr. Phil says stuff OBVIOUSLY it's gospel

Pahahaha. Clown shoes for days.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    What I have noticed is that people will usually end up with an SO that emulates their parent. I'm a lot like my wife's dad and she's definitely a lot like my mom.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Or the total opposite... I'm the exact opposite my husbands Mum and he is the exact opposite of my Dad! :smiley:
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    *kitten* idk. Maybe it's because the most important person in their lives is themselves. I think that's the only real reason but not an excuse.
  • Kali2024
    Kali2024 Posts: 73 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Why do people opt for processed foods over the natural healthy choices?
    Why do people skip the gym for the bar?
    How often do we think critically about the decisions we make? As opposed to reacting from emotion or instinct/taught behavior?

Let's not paint this picture that monogamy has been the "way of the world" since the beginning of time. It hasn't. In fact, the majority of human history suggests men having multiple partners/wives. [I cannot confirm women, I have not done the research] And let's not paint this other picture saying "generations of past fixed their issues...and didn't cheat..... blah, blah..." because that is an absolute lie.

What I can say about cheating, in my opinion, is that the decision to do so is no different than the other bad choices we make. People who smoke, drink, eat poorly, stress, have anger issues, suffer from addiction, etc all seem to get this societal pass... but cheating - oh no- cheating calls for a witch hunt of sorts and 1,000,000 theories as to why people do it. Let's look at our own lives, find the bad choices/habits we have, and apply the same reasoning to why people cheat. The process and reasoning is absolutely the same. Tadaa, you have your answer.

Well cheating IS DIFFERENT. because when you cheat you have the capability to physically hurt someone- as in you know spread disease.
  • daveclrk5858
    daveclrk5858 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Kali2024 wrote: »

Well cheating IS DIFFERENT. because when you cheat you have the capability to physically hurt someone- as in you know spread disease.

Yeah I agree. Not only the physical damage but the emotional and psychological damage you can do to your spouse or partner can last a lifetime. All that could be avoided by a simple "it's not working out, I want to see other people".