No posts about alcohol consumption on here?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can't tell if you are trolling or not; I'm going to answer your original post like you are not trolling.
    I consider myself a pretty big drinker. Before I started CICO I would drink 3x a week 5+ drinks each time. I started MFP and I found out I could still drink and lose weight. Of course I had to cut my drinking habits a bit; no beer and no high calorie mixed drinks. I started drinking on Wednesdays nights and Saturday night's only. After losing the first 15 pounds I found that it took less alcohol to get me drunk so less calories I would have to consume. I'm at the point where I won't drive after 1 drink because I can feel the effects of alcohol after 1 drink. Yet, when there's a social situation, I have a ride home and my kids are with my parents, I can drink a bottle of tequila and not black out. The hangover is awful though, that's another reason why I leave the heavy drinking for special occasions only.
    Right now, I'm unfortunately not drinking (long story) but when I decide to start drinking again, I keep my drinks at home to 3 or 4 drinks at a time and only when the kids are sleeping.
    If you're serious about losing weight while keeping muscle, start only blacking out for special occasions.

Honestly don't know what trolling even means. I'm going to assume it's some social media term or blogging term and I will leave it at that and not look it up. Haha but no, my post was legit.
    I like this idea too, monitor drinks on normal weekends and get super smashed only when the occasion calls for it. I have already decided to by the baby bottle of vodka rather than the 1.5L of wild turk this weekend and see how that goes.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    "Blacks out"... is that hyperbole, or what some people call going to sleep drunk?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(drug-related_amnesia)
    I don't think I've blacked out from drinking since I was 15. I don't like the feeling of not remembering what I did, though. Maybe some do.

I don't think that a lot of people drink excessively with the intent to blackout, although it is a foreseeable conclusion when you binge drink.

I can't really speak to the OP's intent, but I doubt he was eliciting snarky responses from people who have not had similar struggles. "I don't drink" and "I am a moderate drinker" - thanks, that is wonderful, I'm sure that the OP knows that he has the option to not drink or drink more moderately, but there will likely be a lot of steps from where he currently is to arrive at where he probably should be (as defined by him) in terms of his drinking habits.
    I didn't mean that as a snarky response or a "just drink moderately" one. Like most drinkers eventually do, I've had my struggles. I don't understand someone willingly drinking to black out stage 3 nights a week, and not wanting to stop. So I'm hoping it's exaggeration. I do understand some can't stop a binge ending there and aren't willing to stop the binge to end the blackouts, though, I guess. But part of the wish to stop can come from hearing that it's not normal to be ok with it. I mean, how long before you wake up one morning and find out you accidentally killed someone in a drunk blackout the night before? I just think it's terrifying to be that out of control. And I mean that helpfully, not judgmentally or snarkily.