Single life or Relationship ?

Options

Replies

• jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Single (divorced) I am alone, not lonely .. so peaceful!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've had a ball being single, but I'm ready to move on to a relationship now. And by that I mean when I move to New York in December. Until then, partyyyyy :drinker:
  • nickbrown68
    nickbrown68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Happy single parent here, not sure relationships are my thing but is nice to have company from time to time!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Single life!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm single now, but I prefer a casual relationship- I guess would be the term? I like having someone to chill with... and it has to be monogamous... but I don't want to get all serious with anyone!
  • PapasMaMitas
    Options
    single with perks :blushing: :wink:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Single, mostly. I get the itch of wanting someone special to be there for me "forever" sometimes, but overall I think it's best for me right now to not get back on the marriage horse for awhile (I got bucked off hard once already :tongue: :laugh: )
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like being married, but I do miss a lot of thing about being single...and wouldn't mind living alone like one week out of the month!!

^^^^ this! Maybe 1.5 weeks, though;)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Single life. I'm not interested in relationships at all.
  • azhcanedition
    azhcanedition Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    After 7 years of being single, I think I'm actually to a point where I just don't know how to have a relationship.
    If I have an opportunity, I'd probably jump at it.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Considering I updated my profile picture, I've just started a relationship last few days.
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im in a relationship right now but its not really working...think i like the idea of someone being into me a lot more then I actually like her haha ..idk starting think im meant to be single...Dam all those people that are able to have meaningless casual sex :(
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Relationship

Dating world sucks especially if you are older, over weight, and unattractive.

Just to be fair - it ain't much better if you're older, tall and fairly fit either. I've been single for 5 years, and been asked for a phone number precisely once. So ... yeah.

I don't think I can ever do marriage again - I don't think I can even live with someone again. So single, it is.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I want to remain single forever
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I will always prefer being in a healthy, mutually fulfilling relationship over being single.

But I will always prefer being single to being in a bad relationship.

Right now, I am single, and I am happy. Open to whatever comes my way but also genuinely happy.
    Well said. I totally agree.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    ok... this is complicated...

i live a single life. i've happily lived a single life for most of the last ten years.
    but, recently, i don't feel single because of an online relationship.
    i guess it's a bit weird but it's comfortable for me right now.
    it fills my emotional/mental needs.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Relationship

Dating world sucks especially if you are older, over weight, and unattractive.

Just to be fair - it ain't much better if you're older, tall and fairly fit either. I've been single for 5 years, and been asked for a phone number precisely once. So ... yeah.

I don't think I can ever do marriage again - I don't think I can even live with someone again. So single, it is.

There is this couple I know that live near me. A long time ago, they made some key decisions together. Those were, they will never live together, they will never have children, and they will never marry. They both own their own homes. They are probably the happiest couple you will ever meet. There's no BS. Of course, they're together a lot and stay at each others places frequently. But, they have their own spaces. And they love their arrangement, even though it seems a bit odd. They have been together almost 20 years.

So, it doesn't have to be a traditional arrangement. Maybe, if you find someone you like, you can set up the relationship to where you both stay happy. I think this is more the case with older people. I, for one, am all over that idea.

Am also pro- not having to actually sleep in the same bed/bedroom, or have those boring battles over stupid crap like dishes and cooking and etc and etc. I think that's what grinds relationships down to little nubs, even when they start out great.

Takes space, which means $, though. The financial benefits of traditional marriage (esp as governments set them up, too) are pretty appealing for most.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    im in a relationship right now but its not really working...think i like the idea of someone being into me a lot more then I actually like her haha ..idk starting think im meant to be single...Dam all those people that are able to have meaningless casual sex :(

Haha. If that appeals to you, why damn them when you can join them? :huh:
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Single. Had enough of relationships.