Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Options

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    This is actually really good for me. I agree with your sister and it helping alkalinity(not sure if that is even a word) of the water. It also kills invasive parasites which let's face it are a huge problem in relation to weight loss and these are the exact measurement U read to drink in water every day to deter parasites like worms surviving in body(they can live in brain too) worms and all kinds parasites survive on sugary acidic conditions. Look into it. Thanks for reminding me I am picking some up today-I use it on my hair too

This section of the forum is where we debate the science of nutrition, not spread woo about parasites, alkalinity and such. If you have some scientific links pointing to invasive parasites and how they affect weight loss (lol), I'm sure everybody would be all ears.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    This is actually really good for me. I agree with your sister and it helping alkalinity(not sure if that is even a word) of the water. It also kills invasive parasites which let's face it are a huge problem in relation to weight loss and these are the exact measurement U read to drink in water every day to deter parasites like worms surviving in body(they can live in brain too) worms and all kinds parasites survive on sugary acidic conditions. Look into it. Thanks for reminding me I am picking some up today-I use it on my hair too

Nothing of what you said is true. Nothing.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

I call Poe.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I call Poe.

What is this Poe you speak of? Acronym or author?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I call Poe.

Poe's law. Google can help. I'm too lazy to post a link this morning.
  • FunkyTobias
    Options

I call Poe.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I call Poe.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

Thank you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

I call Poe.

Not buying it. I believe she's really, actually serious. Seriously wrong, but serious nonetheless.
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not sure about all the other stuff, but ACV works well on itches, especially poison ivy. (yeah, it stings at first). I used it on some poison ivy I had, and it dried it up and stopped the itching. A lot cheaper than all the OTC itch treatments!
  • FunkyTobias
    Options
    Not sure about all the other stuff, but ACV works well on itches, especially poison ivy. (yeah, it stings at first). I used it on some poison ivy I had, and it dried it up and stopped the itching. A lot cheaper than all the OTC itch treatments!

Regular white vinegar would do the same thing, at a fraction of the cost.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

[yoovieblink.gif]
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Cider vinegar is high in salicylate acid as are garlic, olive oil and many herbs. Many plants use salicylate to protect themselves from moulds and mildews. Consuming a diet rich in fruits and veg with high salicylate values help us maintain good gut flora with many benefits to our bodies by making use of plant biology.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Which invasive parasites?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    I'm unsurprised, @jmbmilholland, that you were unable to find anything. Candida overgrowth is a new popular blame for every problem ever.

See: http://mindbodyandsoleonline.com/health-nutrition/taming-the-yeastie-beasties/

Since apple cider vinegar is the new cure for every problem ever, it makes sense that they'd get lumped together, even if neither has any backing.

There is definitely a lot of crazy talk with ACV, and in many cases, such as the poster talking about acidifying the body, it is utter BS.

Candida does, in fact, cause the two issues I am discussing. What is odd is that there seems to be a gap in the research between the effects of acetic acid on oral candidiasis (which supports its efficacy) and its effects on candida albicans vaginitis. It seems like it would be low hanging fruit in a publish-or-perish culture. It is scientifically plausible (and eminently testable) that if ACV kills candida in your mouth (while not ruining your dentures) it would kill candida in other delicate areas as well. Even an undergrad could run that study and have a peer-reviewed paper in hand for grad school admissions. I suspect it might help relieve it but not completely knock out the colonies like the heavier fungicides do.

I don't know if this was a pun, but it should have been if it wasn't.

VERY naughty. (But funny.) (And no, if I had caught it, I would have edited it, as I blush just typing "lady parts".)

Hon, I see you're new on here, but you rock! Thanks for coming on board. B)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Regular white vinegar is made from grapes prone to moulds and mildews which are the wrong kind of bacteria. It would not serve the same purpose. Economy is not to be frowned at but it would not work on this occasion. If you look at the bottle of vinegar it should say what its origins are.

Not everyone will expect to have any form of parasite. Mostly it comes down to kitchen hygiene, keeping surfaces clean and rinsing fruit, veg particularly salads which are not cooked. Some parasites are found in undercooked meat.
  • FunkyTobias
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Regular white vinegar is made from grapes prone to moulds and mildews which are the wrong kind of bacteria. It would not serve the same purpose. Economy is not to be frowned at but it would not work.

Citation needed

Any scientifically supported benefit of vinegar is due to acetic acid, which is common to all vinegar.

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I use it on my salads everyday, with salt pepper and onion powder I really like it.

But I can drink it alone.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    *cant
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Regular white vinegar is made from grapes prone to moulds and mildews which are the wrong kind of bacteria. It would not serve the same purpose. Economy is not to be frowned at but it would not work on this occasion. If you look at the bottle of vinegar it should say what its origins are.

Not everyone will expect to have any form of parasite. Mostly it comes down to kitchen hygiene, keeping surfaces clean and rinsing fruit, veg particularly salads which are not cooked. Some parasites are found in undercooked meat.

Mild and mildew survives in white vinegar? Rinsing fruit and veg removes parasites? There are common parasites that live for an extended time in humans? These can be removed with the right kind of vinegar consumption?

I'd love to learn more. Do you have any cites where I could read the science behind these claims?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Mould and mildew aren't bacteria.
    And the difference between grapes and vinegar is as big as the difference between grape juice and wine and vinegar.
    The reason wine doesn't have higher amounts of alcohol than it has is because the yeast (which is a fungus like mould and mildew) dies from the alcohol so it can't make more alcohol. Neither wine made from grapes that are "prone to moulds and mildews" nor vinegar made out of that wine is going to be prone to moulds and mildews.
This discussion has been closed.