St. Patrick's day Challenge

Options

Replies

• kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Got my 10,000 steps and was able to work out today!
  • bookwyrmkd
    bookwyrmkd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Got my 10,000 steps and was able to work out today!

Go you!
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    The scale finally budged this morning after a whole week! Jeesh.
    The countdown is on - only seven more days to go!

Congrats! Good for you! Your hard work is paying off! :)
  • bookwyrmkd
    Options
    Day 16
    Made my walk this morning! Scale is up a tad, but I expected the weight loss from being sick would not be solid and stick. Still totally doable to meet my goal by St. Patrick's Day. Thank you to this group for helping me recuperate and move forward towards my health goals.
    CW: 199.8
    GW: 198
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Scale budged again... just a little! Four days to go!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    I'm joining a bit late! I'd like to lose 3.6kg by Paddy's Day (the day of my people), workout in some way 6 days per week and meet my calorie goal daily with one day where I eat back my exercise calories in full to avoid lapsing/cheating.

SW: 72.6kg (160lbs)
    GW: 69kg (152lbs)

PMS really messed me up so I'm revising my goal to be 70kg which I think is reasonable as I am still retaining water

CW 71.2kg
    GM 70kg
    To go 1.2kg
  • kirstendawm
    Options
    I didn't do well at all the past week :( I haven't stuck to my calorie limit like I should have and my workouts were cut short or didn't happen a couple of days :( I'm hoping the next few days will be better. I need to get back on track. Stay away from fast food and make healthier choices.
  • joymomrn4
    joymomrn4 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Checking in, under my calorie goal and still staying optimistic. I've got 2 lbs to loose by Thurs. ??? If not, It's been wonderful being challenged and happy with progress. Keep on it folks, the week isn't over yet!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I moved this weekend so hopefully I can find my scale before Thursday to know if I hit my goal. The good news 54,000+ steps over 2.5 days, countless flights of stairs, lifting of too many boxes, should definitely help. The bad news one place needs cleaned so I can be done with it and the other is a box city disaster. The only thing I know is my scale is in a box in the new place. Not even sure what room I could find it
  • maredbear
    maredbear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    PMS got the better of me the scale was up .50 :s The rest of week will exercise daily nd stay below my caloric goal and hope fully lose more than the 1/2 lb. the finish line for this challenge is close and I'm proud of myself nd eveyone in this challeng for the progress we've made. :D
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Calories going okay. Exercised only half of what I normally do. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym 6 days last week and was under my calorie goal everyday except one. I am so proud of myself and I am feeling amazing! I can tell I have lost inches but I didn't measure so I don't know exactly how much but my clothes are fitting me way better and I just feel thinner. The scale doesn't reflect any weight loss (Damn Menopause) but I enjoyed doing this challenge and reading all your post. It kept me focused. Thank you! I look forward to entering another challenge...I gotta keep going. Eventually, the weight has to reflect on the scale.
  • kirstendawm
    Options
    Well today was pi day, but I kept myself within reason! At too much during the day so no dinner tonight. Have a sore throat and I'm not feeling well but I went to the gym anyways and got in a quick workout! Ready for tomorrow!
  • joymomrn4
    Options
    zydeco69 wrote: »
    I made it to the gym 6 days last week and was under my calorie goal everyday except one. I am so proud of myself and I am feeling amazing! I can tell I have lost inches but I didn't measure so I don't know exactly how much but my clothes are fitting me way better and I just feel thinner. The scale doesn't reflect any weight loss (Damn Menopause) but I enjoyed doing this challenge and reading all your post. It kept me focused. Thank you! I look forward to entering another challenge...I gotta keep going. Eventually, the weight has to reflect on the scale.

That is quite an accomplishment and you should feel good and proud, rightly so! And you WILL see the scale move, I promise, after your body adjusts as it is holding on to water to lubricate your joints. Also, you are under a natural amount of "good stress" as you retain cortisol (I'm a nurse). Your body is an amazing machine and is a little "startled" It is reserving as it has no idea if you are off to war or facing a long journey and wants to protect you. Drink LOTS of water, stay under your calorie goal and take a few days rest with just a nice walk. Avoid salt. When you communicate that you are OK, it will listen and let go, hence the flush of water and toxins. I too am in menopause and have hit plateaus that last 3 weeks. Keep on keepin on my friend!
  • joymomrn4
    Options
    TWO more days left to our challenge! Fingers crossed, lots of Irish prayers being sent everyone's way! @kirstendawm , I sure do hope you feel tip top soon! :)
  • bookwyrmkd
    Options
    Day 19

I'm getting in 2 workouts a week, plus an active job with 10,000+ steps per day. Feeling much better. Under my calorie goal just a bit each day, and staying under 200 lbs. All better than before this challenge. Thank you!
    SW: 202
    CW: 199.4 (down .4 from last weigh in)
    GW: 198 (for this challenge)

One more day...the luck of the Irish to ya! B)
  • kirstendawm
    Options
    joymomrn4 wrote: »
    TWO more days left to our challenge! Fingers crossed, lots of Irish prayers being sent everyone's way! @kirstendawm , I sure do hope you feel tip top soon! :)

Thank you! My throat is still sore but no fever yet! Hopefully it's just allergies!
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in..
    Lorraine
    CW 203.5
    GW 190

CW 202.4
    GW 190

CW 201.1
    GW 190

CW 200.4
    GW190

CW 199.1
    GW 190
    Almost there

CW196.1
    GW190

CW194.6
    GW190

SO CLOSE
  • desasmom300
    desasmom300 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Totally have bed this challenge. Sick for a week and then fell and injures my bad knee. I will try again
  • kirstendawm
    Options
    SW 180.2
    CW 178.6
    GW 170

I'm definitely not going to meet my goal by st. Party's day unfortunately:( but I will still try to look at this positively. Regardless of how much I lost, I still lost and that's better than nothing at all! I'm so happy for everyone that this has helped! Seeing everyone's updates has helped keep me motivated! Good luck the next two days! Thanks for participating it was fun!