CW194.6
    GW190

SO CLOSE

Great job!
  • bookwyrmkd
    bookwyrmkd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 20
    Down just a tad, but not to my goal. Thank you @kristendawm for this challenge. I am better everyday and am hopeful I will continue to drop weight and get fit. Happy St. Paddy's Day!
    SW: 202
    CW: 199.2
    GW: 198
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    SW 180.2
    CW 178.6
    GW 170

I'm definitely not going to meet my goal by st. Party's day unfortunately:( but I will still try to look at this positively. Regardless of how much I lost, I still lost and that's better than nothing at all! I'm so happy for everyone that this has helped! Seeing everyone's updates has helped keep me motivated! Good luck the next two days! Thanks for participating it was fun!

You are almost there. ..u can do it
  • desasmom300
    desasmom300 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Totally have blown this challenge. Sick for a week and then fell and injures my bad knee. I will try again

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone...
    Total loss 5.6 lbs. Great thread and motivational challenge. Thanks everyone for posting!
  • bookwyrmkd
    bookwyrmkd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bookwyrmkd wrote: »
    Day 20
    Down just a tad, but not to my goal. Thank you @kristendawm for this challenge. I am better everyday and am hopeful I will continue to drop weight and get fit. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Day 21
    Realizing that TODAY is St. Patrick's Day, not yesterday...lol.
  • Facetious76
    Facetious76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    CW 231 lbs.
    GW 220 lbs. (March 17)

I woke to a pleasant surprise and my challenge goal weight has been reached. It was looking like I was going to be a pound above so I must have been exercising in my sleep.

CW: 219.6 lbs.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    CW 231 lbs.
    GW 220 lbs. (March 17)

I woke to a pleasant surprise and my challenge goal weight has been reached. It was looking like I was going to be a pound above so I must have been exercising in my sleep.

CW: 219.6 lbs.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Great job!! That's amazing! Congrats on meeting your goal :)
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in..
    Lorraine
    CW 203.5
    GW 190

CW 202.4
    GW 190

CW 201.1
    GW 190

CW 200.4
    GW190

CW 199.1
    GW 190
    Almost there

CW196.1
    GW190

CW194.6
    GW190

SO CLOSE

CW 194
    GW 190
    So I am 4 pds shy, but I did drop from 203.5 to 194. ..9.5pds loss.. very happy..
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    joymomrn4 wrote: »
    zydeco69 wrote: »
    I made it to the gym 6 days last week and was under my calorie goal everyday except one. I am so proud of myself and I am feeling amazing! I can tell I have lost inches but I didn't measure so I don't know exactly how much but my clothes are fitting me way better and I just feel thinner. The scale doesn't reflect any weight loss (Damn Menopause) but I enjoyed doing this challenge and reading all your post. It kept me focused. Thank you! I look forward to entering another challenge...I gotta keep going. Eventually, the weight has to reflect on the scale.

That is quite an accomplishment and you should feel good and proud, rightly so! And you WILL see the scale move, I promise, after your body adjusts as it is holding on to water to lubricate your joints. Also, you are under a natural amount of "good stress" as you retain cortisol (I'm a nurse). Your body is an amazing machine and is a little "startled" It is reserving as it has no idea if you are off to war or facing a long journey and wants to protect you. Drink LOTS of water, stay under your calorie goal and take a few days rest with just a nice walk. Avoid salt. When you communicate that you are OK, it will listen and let go, hence the flush of water and toxins. I too am in menopause and have hit plateaus that last 3 weeks. Keep on keepin on my friend!

Thank you so much for your great advice! I know you are right that if I keep under calorie goal and keep going to the gym the scale will reflect it. I really appreciate you reaching out to me and giving me some great advice! Sometimes it is just nice to hear "Your doing great...Keep going" :smile:
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I think I stayed exactly the same from my start weight. Oh well. I have been really trying, but I am still waiting for that loss. I will keep plugging away!
  • librarianlady2012
    librarianlady2012 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SW 217 GW 209 CW 207 - I managed to actually beat my goal by two pounds! I'm really happy and quite excited. I was nervous I wouldn't make the goal.
  • Shenvalleygurl
    Shenvalleygurl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Final tally:

Calorie Goal: 22 out of 29 days under 1800 cals.
    What I did: 14 out of 29 days under 1800 cals.

Workout Goal: exercise 20 out of 29 days.
    What I did: exercise 22 out of 29 days.

Results:
    -I lost 7 lbs the first 2 weeks as I kept my calories in the goal range pretty consistently.
    -I gained 6 lbs back the next 2 weeks because I blew my calories pretty consistently.
    -Net loss 0.8 lbs.

Conclusion:
    YOU CAN'T OUT-EXERCISE A BAD DIET!
    LOSE WEIGHT IN THE KITCHEN, GET FIT IN THE GYM!
    FAT LOSS IS 80% WHAT YOU EAT AND 20% HOW YOU MOVE!
  • librarianlady2012
    Options
    I think I stayed exactly the same from my start weight. Oh well. I have been really trying, but I am still waiting for that loss. I will keep plugging away!

Keep working hard it will catch up with you - in a good way!
  • librarianlady2012
    Options
    Day 20

Day 21
    Realizing that TODAY is St. Patrick's Day, not yesterday...lol.

Way to go bookwyrmkd - Keep up the good work! You were close to your goal even though you were sidetracked by illness.
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in..
    Lorraine
    CW 203.5
    GW 190

CW 202.4
    GW 190

CW 201.1
    GW 190

CW 200.4
    GW190

CW 199.1
    GW 190
    Almost there

CW196.1
    GW190

CW194.6
    GW190

SO CLOSE

CW 194
    GW 190
    So I am 4 pds shy, but I did drop from 203.5 to 194. ..9.5pds loss.. very happy..

That is awesome! Great work!
  • joymomrn4
    joymomrn4 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ok, great challenge, although I am one pound short of my goal, it helped me stay focused and was very affective. Congratulations to all of those who reached their goals and also to the rest who stayed on track and got healthier every day! That is what is most important. :)
    SW: 175
    GW: 166
    CW: 167
  • johnnybrucato823
    johnnybrucato823 Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey every1...so i didnt make my goal. I pushed myself hard only to fall short. I was under my calorie count every day and made my exercuse goal but it wasnt enough...Its a little discouraging but ill do better next time.
    SW: 213
    GW: 203
    CW: 205
  • desasmom300
    desasmom300 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ended up losing 7 pounds and 13.75 inches. Can't wait to try another challenge. Hopefully this time I won't get sick.