St. Patrick's day Challenge

Options

Replies

• joymomrn4
    joymomrn4 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Happy to report 5 3/4 inches gone. Sticking to my 25 minutes on the elliptical every day. Diligently recording what I eat, which really called to my attention how much snacking I was doing!! And managed to stay under my calories.
    I am learning that it makes me feel better not to have to log all the extras by just not putting snacks in my mouth.
    Keep up the good work folks...you are worth it!!!

Logging everything is also one of my keys to success! Thanks for the encouragement and inches lost!
  • joymomrn4
    Options

So I didn't do so well not eating any candy. Fistful of skittles before bed for no reason at all. I was up during the night, but instead of eating candy then, I checked this! Small victory, I guess.

Yes it is a victory, good choices are bound to produce good results. Everyone has their weakness or indulgences. Mine is wine. Red, white, purple, Aawwe heck I'd drink it bright green! But what I do is not make it available at all during the week. Then my hubbie picks up two bottles on a Friday night. It has to last until Sunday night and I mark with a sharpie a 4 oz pour on my favorite glass. This is extremely helpful and besides who wants to exercise for an hour and then have all the calories swept away by alcohol? (Well...ok ...me on occasion) lol. The point is what works for me is having to wait or work for your pleasures and not making them readily available. Hope this helps! Let's do this!
  • joymomrn4
    Options
    Well I went over my calorie limit today. But let me tell you, we had some AMAZING steaks off the charcoal grill. Plus, I washed my car for at least probably 40 minutes hardcore without my Fitbit on, so I definitely got more steps in and calories burned than were accounted for, so I'm hoping that will even out my calories! Better luck for tomorrow :smile:

I think I'll get a Fitbit! So many MFPs have one. Do you love yours too? And just a question. These steps are they considered exercise? I know that sounds like a dumb question coming from a nurse but what I mean by that is this: remember when calculating our fitness goals and MFP asked our activity level? Sedentary, lightly active, etc. I'm wondering if this formula already has expectant "steps" calculated into our calorie goals. I'm hoping the answer is NO and all steps count as added exercise, what do you think? Thanks

• di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late to join, count me in! I typically don't weigh myself; the fit of my clothes tells me what I need to know. But I'm willing to do a weekly hop on the scale.

My goals: avoid diet soda and meet my water goal (64 oz), walk 40 minutes 4-5 days a week, meet my nutritional goals (mfp) and take vitamins every day.
  • di_763
    Options
    I'm also cutting way back on wine. I watch my carbs very carefully, but for some reason, wine sneaks past my radar. So avoiding that liquid luxury will definitely be s priority for me. Best of luck to you!
    joymomrn4 wrote: »
    So I didn't do so well not eating any candy. Fistful of skittles before bed for no reason at all. I was up during the night, but instead of eating candy then, I checked this! Small victory, I guess.

Yes it is a victory, good choices are bound to produce good results. Everyone has their weakness or indulgences. Mine is wine. Red, white, purple, Aawwe heck I'd drink it bright green! But what I do is not make it available at all during the week. Then my hubbie picks up two bottles on a Friday night. It has to last until Sunday night and I mark with a sharpie a 4 oz pour on my favorite glass. This is extremely helpful and besides who wants to exercise for an hour and then have all the calories swept away by alcohol? (Well...ok ...me on occasion) lol. The point is what works for me is having to wait or work for your pleasures and not making them readily available. Hope this helps! Let's do this!

• di_763
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Day whatever - 21 Feb. 10km cross country hike in yick weather and 10 minutes of weights. Yay.

Congrats for getting exercise in despite the bad weather! When it's yucky out, my motivation is low.

• Shenvalleygurl
    Shenvalleygurl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 3
    3/3 workouts
    3/3 calories <= 1,600
  • jewels1nc
    jewels1nc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm way late but I'm in. I'll be happy if I get close to 10 lbs lost by March 17th. I'm adding in daily tracking and 8 glasses of water daily.

CW: 186
    GW: 176
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well I went over my calorie limit today. But let me tell you, we had some AMAZING steaks off the charcoal grill. Plus, I washed my car for at least probably 40 minutes hardcore without my Fitbit on, so I definitely got more steps in and calories burned than were accounted for, so I'm hoping that will even out my calories! Better luck for tomorrow :smile:

I think I'll get a Fitbit! So many MFPs have one. Do you love yours too? And just a question. These steps are they considered exercise? I know that sounds like a dumb question coming from a nurse but what I mean by that is this: remember when calculating our fitness goals and MFP asked our activity level? Sedentary, lightly active, etc. I'm wondering if this formula already has expectant "steps" calculated into our calorie goals. I'm hoping the answer is NO and all steps count as added exercise, what do you think? Thanks

Yes! I LOVE my Fitbit! Basically, it counts my steps for the entire day and it will take away calories based on how many calories I have burned from steps and exercise. It syncs with MFP so it's great! I have the charge HR Fitbit so it's a bit more accurate than the regular Fitbit because it takes into account my heart rate.
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Today was pretty good! I have stayed under my calorie goal and me and my fiancé went on a walk through the woods! It was a great workout!
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is to track my food religiously, and stay under my calorie goal each day.

SW: 190 lbs
    CW: 183 lbs
    St. Patrick's Day Goal: 175 lbs.
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Oh I love my wine too! I'm almost to the end of a "30 Day Dry Spell", which I started for a couple of reasons: 1) to kick start my weight loss, and 2) to make I actually could go 30 days without. I don't plan on staying dry forever, but I'll be vigilant about tracking the calories when I do treat myself.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    desasmom300 - great job!

I logged all my food and am under my calories and I completed all of my steps.
    Day 1 - Successful
  • tmpclarkson
    tmpclarkson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need all the motivation I can get! My goal is to drink at least 60oz of water per day and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes at least 3 times per week. As far as weight loss goes, let's aim for this...

SW 180.2
    GW by St. Patty's Day 174

Also looking for buddies for motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • desasmom300
    desasmom300 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well today was a challenging one, knee acted up so only got 15 minutes on my elliptical. Not eating enough calories for the day, finding it hard not to just eat crappy food to fill in t h e number. Need inventive ideas for healthy, not boring snacks.
  • joymomrn4
    Options
    Bethie_ess wrote: »

Oh I love my wine too! I'm almost to the end of a "30 Day Dry Spell", which I started for a couple of reasons: 1) to kick start my weight loss, and 2) to make I actually could go 30 days without. I don't plan on staying dry forever, but I'll be vigilant about tracking the calories when I do treat myself.

I dont think I have gone 30 days without wine in over 15 years! I think you have just inspired me to try it. To make sure "I could actually go without" is wise and courageous. Good for you!
  • russellmarcia0721
    Options
    How do I join the group?
  • joymomrn4
    Options
    How do I join the group?

see the little star at the top right corner of the feed? if you hit the star, we will show up on your notifications. I myself tried to officially add to my groups list and could not, I believe because it is a challenge and not a group. I hope this helps.
  • AnikaNck
    AnikaNck Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    CW:181.2
    I Hope to be 176 by st Patricks day!
    My goal is to bike 30 minutes 4 times a week, and not eat out for lunch.
  • russellmarcia0721
    Options
    How do I join the group?

see the little star at the top right corner of the feed? if you hit the star, we will show up on your notifications. I myself tried to officially add to my groups list and could not, I believe because it is a challenge and not a group. I hope this helps.

Thanks