St. Patrick's day Challenge

Options

Replies

• marlymarly
    marlymarly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was looking for something like this to keep me motivated! So I'll aim for 4 lbs and an average of 30 min exercise each day! Sw=129.6 Gw (stpats day)= 125.6. Good luck everyone!
    Ps - I would love more mfp friends so add me if you like.
  • RebelWalk
    RebelWalk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 4 (1/19, yesterday): logged all food, 16.3k steps, no noshing... but the scale went up a pound this morning. Oh, well... guess that happens, sometimes. I still feel good about hitting my goals; the numbers will show it soon. :)
  • joymomrn4
    joymomrn4 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Day 4. Down 1.5 pounds. Jeans looser. More energy. Let's do this people!
  • joymomrn4
    joymomrn4 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    RebelWalk wrote: »
    Day 4 (1/19, yesterday): logged all food, 16.3k steps, no noshing... but the scale went up a pound this morning. Oh, well... guess that happens, sometimes. I still feel good about hitting my goals; the numbers will show it soon. :)

Yes, it's either salt or your bodies inflammatory response, utilizing water and transporting blood and nutrients to those working muscles! Happens to me all the time. A body under repair is a body working! I will bet that in two days, after drinking lots of water, you see minimally a drop by a pound! Keep up the good job!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,258 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm in as well.
    SW = 172
    CW = 170.7
    GW = 162 by St. Patricks Day

My goal is 12,000 steps a day and under 1400 calories.
  • argentum
    argentum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Day 4 20 Feb. My son made me do my workout today, lol.

I love it! Great family support :)
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I did not control my diet today. I made one bad choice after another. I did work out though, so that's something.
  • Pam45638
    Pam45638 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Pam45638 wrote: »
    I'm In, My goal is to start drinking 8 glasses of water a day and no bedtime snacks. Five pounds would be nice but I can't exercise right now because of health problems. I guess until I can exercise my goal should be to NOT GAIN.

• Pam45638
    Pam45638 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm In, My goal is to start drinking 8 glasses of water a day and no bedtime snacks. Five pounds would be nice but I can't exercise right now because of health problems. I guess until I can exercise my goal should be to NOT GAIN.

I guess the water is flushing my system. I can't believe I actually lost weight!

Start WEIGHT 198.5
    CW 193.8
    GW 190.0 FOR St. Patties Day!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    Ugh! I did not control my diet today. I made one bad choice after another. I did work out though, so that's something.

It's okay! It is just one day! You can do it!
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well I went over my calorie limit today. But let me tell you, we had some AMAZING steaks off the charcoal grill. Plus, I washed my car for at least probably 40 minutes hardcore without my Fitbit on, so I definitely got more steps in and calories burned than were accounted for, so I'm hoping that will even out my calories! Better luck for tomorrow :smile:
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So I didn't do so well not eating any candy. Fistful of skittles before bed for no reason at all. I was up during the night, but instead of eating candy then, I checked this! Small victory, I guess.
  • wildview3
    wildview3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a St.Patrick's Day Challenge! I'm sure success has little to do with luck. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end. Best Wishes to all!
  • desasmom300
    desasmom300 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Happy to report 5 3/4 inches gone. Sticking to my 25 minutes on the elliptical every day. Diligently recording what I eat, which really called to my attention how much snacking I was doing!! And managed to stay under my calories.
    I am learning that it makes me feel better not to have to log all the extras by just not putting snacks in my mouth.
    Keep up the good work folks...you are worth it!!!
  • marlymarly
    marlymarly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    marlymarly wrote: »
    I was looking for something like this to keep me motivated! So I'll aim for 4 lbs and an average of 30 min exercise each day! Sw=129.6 Gw (stpats day)= 125.6. Good luck everyone!
    marlymarly wrote: »

So day 1 for me : already slacked off - 0/30 min exercise , but must have had some st pats luck as I am down 0.6 lb to 129 lb. will need to get some exercise today!
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone in this challenge! Remember that each day is a new chance to make it happen. Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • meelaniie1029
    meelaniie1029 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW: 160
    GW: 150
    Plan: Drink a gallon of water a day, walk 5 miles a day, and stay under 1200 calories a day.
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Alright. Today I will eat lots of fruits and veggies and will NOT eat any of the left over pizza.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Day whatever - 21 Feb. 10km cross country hike in yick weather and 10 minutes of weights. Yay.
  • allenjamie457
    allenjamie457 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to lose 10 lbs and increase my water intake. I will exercise 5 times a week and hit my Fitbit steps of 10000.

Cw 197
    Gw 187