St. Patrick's day Challenge

Options

Replies

• Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So I didn't eat pizza and I did eat fruits and veggies. I feel satisfied with this realistic yet challenging goal. I've got a great workout planned for tomorrow and I'm excited to do my first weigh in after a full week on MFP.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I got in 70459 steps last week (10K more than my original weekly goal). I didn't gain weight over the weekend, despite eating too much yummy Greek food last night. This week's goals are 60,000+ steps again. Remember to work on logging of some sort.
  • allenjamie457
    allenjamie457 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was hard. I had a family supper and they made a lot of bad food. I only ate a muffin but I found I was struggling to make a healthy decision. I got my steps in and drank more water.
  • maredbear
    maredbear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know what day this is but had 2 days of over over over UGH! Weighed in this morning down 3# so I need to get back on the horse and do it again. This week my goal is to maintain my caloric goal all 7 days and exercise for 5 of them. I have 11 more # to hit my goal. I'm sick of being in the"200 club" .
  • maredbear
    Options
    angie_kins wrote: »
    I was finally able to weigh myself this morning...181.6. My goal for St. Patrick's Day is 6 lbs.

wecome better late than not at all and 10 lbs is doable nose to the grind stone and good luck!
  • maredbear
    Options
    joymomrn4 wrote: »
    Well I went over my calorie limit today. But let me tell you, we had some AMAZING steaks off the charcoal grill. Plus, I washed my car for at least probably 40 minutes hardcore without my Fitbit on, so I definitely got more steps in and calories burned than were accounted for, so I'm hoping that will even out my calories! Better luck for tomorrow :smile:

I think I'll get a Fitbit! So many MFPs have one. Do you love yours too? And just a question. These steps are they considered exercise? I know that sounds like a dumb question coming from a nurse but what I mean by that is this: remember when calculating our fitness goals and MFP asked our activity level? Sedentary, lightly active, etc. I'm wondering if this formula already has expectant "steps" calculated into our calorie goals. I'm hoping the answer is NO and all steps count as added exercise, what do you think? Thanks

I'm a hairstylist and everytime my arm moves it counts a step even though I'm standing in place. I think accuracy for me is in a pedometer. Just a FYI
  • Mkat813
    Mkat813 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Kirstendawm we have the same start weight, current weight and goals! Good luck everyone!!
  • yogalane
    yogalane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brand new to my fitness pal but not new to fitness and clean eating. Would love to have some "luck of the irish" to get me going! I will commit to logging all food & exercise, posting every day and exceeding 10k step goal on my recently dusted off fitbit.
    CW: 196
    GW: 154
  • MizzzFit
    MizzzFit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm Nicole
    CW 145
    GW 130ish

by St. Pats hopefully 137lbs.

Main goal is to get more cardio in (I'm not a fan) and watch my weekend eating.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    12,000 Steps – Yes
    Under Calories - Yes
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Day 6 for me. Insane at work so no walk today. But I did lift a few weights with my daughter and stuck to my calorie goal. Day by day. AND no wine, lol.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Checking in: No loss to report but staying the course.
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Got my C25k in today. :)
  • A5HL3Y21
    A5HL3Y21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW:147
    GW:140
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW: 191
    GW: 185
    Daily goal: Hit 10,000 steps daily
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Worked out tonight and stayed under my calorie goal! May even make it to 10,000 steps tonight!
  • tweedbrd
    tweedbrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have found that setting short term goals for myself is very helpful in helping me meet my goals. I would like to start a thread where we check in daily and discuss our goals regarding weightloss and any other goals. I just completed a challenge where my goal was to lose 5 lbs and break my soda habit. I almost reached my goal! So now I want to set a new goal: I want to lose 8 lbs by st. Patrick's day! So daily, or almost daily, I will post my progress. We can help keep one another accountable! Feel free to add me as a friend!

SW: 184
    CW: 180.2
    GW: 172.2

My goal is to try and stay under my calorie goal everyday and try to reach 8,000 steps every day.

• tweedbrd
    tweedbrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in my goal is to lose 5lbs by st Patrick's day
    SW 179
    GW 174
  • medi08
    medi08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also in, goal of 7 pounds by St. Paddy's day. Goal is to track food everyday, complete a 20 minute workout 4 -5 times per week and get two 20 minute walks in every week. No food after 8pm and increase water consumption daily.
    CW 241
    GW 234
  • Inkweaver2
    Inkweaver2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW: 144
    CW:140
    GW for St. Patty's: 136
    Trying to keep a calorie deficiency most days and exercise 3-5 times a week.