What No One Tells You About Going Paleo (Hint: It's Sad)

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Having never fallen for fad diets or the opinions of hot guys, the closest I can relate this to is a solid week of grey skies. Sad. I never want to feel that way about food.

That author, delightful!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm following @Jennysugar after this. Funny gal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I am inexpressibly smitten with the concept of ennui as an ingredient.

+ 1
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think I burned 50 calories from laughing
    seasoned by a bit of forbidden honey and the salt of my own tears.

holy crap
    Where's the darn like button MFP!!

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I am inexpressibly smitten with the concept of ennui as an ingredient.

You have to grow a unibang and dress in all black for it to really flavor your food though. XD
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Best Post I've read today, thank you!
  • AmyOwl73
    AmyOwl73 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh! My sore abs are keeping me from laughing too hard, but I can laugh on the inside! ;)
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Very funny and entertaining! You just clarified more reasons why I'm pretty sure I could not stick to a Paleo diet.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    This was hilarious! I had to contain my giggles in my office as I read this piece. I did Paleo for a month as a work challenge and it was painful, even with the copious amounts of bacon.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    This is definitely the best thing I've read in a long, long time. Thank you :smiley:
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Mate, you should write for a living!!! :D
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm at work, sitting at my desk and laughing out loud. You have a gift for writing! I've often wondered about the whole Paleo craze, and your post just convinced me that it would never work for this food-loving, cajun girl! Thanks for a great post!
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i can totally relate to this! lol, I call myself semi-paleo cuz I didn't give up oatmeal or beans. so that makes me a pseudo too! and I have a fridge full of expensive almond meal that I haven't gotten around to making into sad little patties. tho I feel like giving up the gluten and dairy hasn't been a bad thing. in its place I've been drinking coconut milk and for the first time ever, I failed the cholesterol test at work! lol
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm at work, sitting at my desk and laughing out loud. You have a gift for writing! I've often wondered about the whole Paleo craze, and your post just convinced me that it would never work for this food-loving, cajun girl! Thanks for a great post!

This cajun girl could as long as there were massive amounts of boiled crawfish and boiled crabs.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I legitimately laughed out loud. Not something I actually do in real life. Hilarious and well written, sums up any elimination diet. :)
  • pizzamommy
    pizzamommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I laughed very hard, thank you for this post. I enjoyed the part about them looking like cat vomit and throwing them away. I love pasta, and ice cream so not having any of that well that would be horrible.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm so busted. I was laughing so hard at my desk, clearly I'm not working...!
  • gingersplace
    gingersplace Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! Thanks for the laugh.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    One of the best MFP threads. Off to read this to be hubby, so we can have a laugh together.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    One of my friends posted this to her wall this morning. I almost didn't follow it because of paleo in the title. It's an entertaining read for sure! She has a descriptive writing style.