Just for fun: normal foods or food combos you can't stand!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Any type of cheese or yogurt disgusts me, unless it's mango soy yogurt I can tolerate that. I've always hated the smell of cooking steak but I love BBQ. I hate really creamy rich foods and dense mayo products. I also get nauseated by the smell of eggs being cooked, it always reminds me of when my mom bought sugar free gummy bears and put them out at a party without telling anyone. That was a tragic night for many and eggs just give me flashbacks
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Any type of melon- tastes & smells like cloying death
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Any type of melon- tastes & smells like cloying death

I kind of get that. I really enjoy melon but sometimes when it's overripe it smells like a rotting corpse and once you think it, it's all over.
  • keepupwithjack
    keepupwithjack Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have to admit that I'm a bit of a food snob about some things. I like to think of it as selective use of calories.

Here's my list:
    1. Mustard in any form.
    2. Eggs--scrambled, fried, poaches, boiled, or deviled (see above). Quiche and breakfast casseroles are the exceptions.
    3. Radishes.
    4. Cucumbers. Dill pickles are good though. No bread and butter pickles though.
    5. Liver/other organs.
    6. Melons other than watermelon.
    7. Anything with artificial sweetener. It tastes metallic to me.
    8. Horseradish.
    9. Sauerkraut.
    10. Anything with cooked bananas, like banana bread. Can't even stand the smell of it.
    11. White chocolate.
    12. Raw onions. Caramelized, yes. Cooked into things, yes. Raw, like on a hamburger? NO.
    13. Turnips.
    14. Cooked greens like spinach or collard greens. Raw spinach, like in a salad=good. Cooked slimy spinach=bad.
    15. Celery. Can stand it in things like soup but I will pick out big pieces. Definitely not raw.
    16. Pork rinds, corn nuts and the like. Ick.
    17. Licorice or anise flavor in anything.

I also don't like processed baked goods. I don't eat things like Oreos, Chips Ahoy, etc. because I think I can make them better myself. I love to bake, and with a limited calorie "budget", I don't want to waste calories on anything that isn't exactly what I want. For example, I will not eat a Hershey kiss. But good quality dark chocolate? Always yes in small portions.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Brussel's sprouts. I can eat them roasted if pressed but wouldn't ever eat them voluntarily.
    Oysters. No. Just no.
    Beef tongue.
    Pigs feet.
    Cilantro tastes like stinkbugs smell.

That's about it. I like most anything
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese
    Ranch
    Sour cream
    Cheesecake
    Cream cheese
    Cottage cheese (really really hate almost all white, mushy, tangy foods)
    Peas
    Pineapple
    Olives
    Pears (mealy, ugh!)
    Licorice
    Sauerkraut
    Organ or extremity meats

I looooove apples, but I think Red Delicious are the worst fruit known to man.
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese
    Ranch
    Sour cream
    Cheesecake
    Cream cheese
    Cottage cheese (really really hate almost all white, mushy, tangy foods)
    Peas
    Pineapple
    Olives
    Pears (mealy, ugh!)
    Licorice
    Sauerkraut
    Organ or extremity meats

I looooove apples, but I think Red Delicious are the worst fruit known to man.

So true! There is NOTHING DELICIOUS about a red delicious apple! Lol
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Anchovies. Ruins the whole pizza. Ooh, maybe that's a good tip, order an anchovy pizza, I won't be tempted.
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There's not much that I dislike, but I HATE sesame oil...both the smell and the taste.

I can't even be in the same room while someone is cooking with it, it stinks so bad.

Walking through the mall food courts is almost enough to make me gag.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another vote for olives. Yuck!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I hate peanut butter thats not paired on a jelly sandwich.
    Like in chocolate, or cereal, or baked goods. Just no!

I also dont find the appeal of ranch, ketchup, siracha, bbq. I like simple toppings/condiments like lemon and vinaigrette.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    law102189 wrote: »
    Anchovies. Ruins the whole pizza. Ooh, maybe that's a good tip, order an anchovy pizza, I won't be tempted.

Mind you, I will not eat an anchovy. But I've wondered, "how fresh can that anchovy from the local Papa Johns down the street possibly be ..."
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    law102189 wrote: »

Mind you, I will not eat an anchovy. But I've wondered, "how fresh can that anchovy from the local Papa Johns down the street possibly be ..."

They're cured in salt and oil and are stored at room temp. Freshness doesn't come into play, any more than it does for a pickle or beef jerky.

I love anchovies on a white pizza with a good amount of garlic. Reminds me of Rome.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't want sausage or bacon to get in touch with excess maple syrup on my plate. My husband puts grape jelly on sausage biscuits and I will never understand it.

Hot coffee with just sugar is gross to me. I drink it black, but like it with cream or cream and sugar, but not sugar alone. I also hate hot coffee with skim milk or soy milk. It tastes watered down.

I hate Skittles. They taste like candied Kool aid.

Wintergreen candies taste like Pepto bismal.

And I've been trying for years to get over my squash aversion. I can only eat a few bites of most winter squashes before they become revolting. Even if I love the flavor (roasted acorn squash filled with butter, cinnamon, sugar, and walnuts) it's like I hit a wall with the texture and can't choke down any more. I'm usually good with spaghetti squash, but butternut is the worst. I keep trying, though!