Options
    Thanks @GBrady43068. Your update on your races is inspiring

1-mar: 3.3miles run/walk
    2-mar: 2 miles easy walk
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    I'm very excited and would like to shout this from the rooftops. I believe this is a group who will understand the hopeful anticipation I feel because, I think, running has pulled some/many/lots of us out of dark places ...

I am in a family of athletic people - we workout daily because we genuinely love it. My boys are into sports and then workout before school. It borders on compulsion, but I digress. My 13 YO daughter has zero interest in competitive anything, much less athletics. We tried CC thinking she could kind of do her own thing, but she's overweight and it truly made her feel worse. It was the only time I've ever let my children quit anything. She is self-conscious and has never felt comfortable at a gym because there are so many people. She perked up when she heard us talking about just having joined this new 24-hour gym right across the street from our house. It's almost always empty. She may find a way to work out on her own terms with her own goals without being overly self-conscious. Well ... to our delight, they have just made an exception to their rule of signing up kids 14 and over. She's in!!!

If she has a positive experience here, I believe she may turn to exercise for the rest of her life. So hopeful for this ... but I've got to act all chill and stuff or the kid will get suspicious that I'm going to set her goals and push her. Nope ... all hers! :)

Oh, do I understand this hope. My family wasn't generally active--probably because *I* wasn't active! My change in lifestyle has led to a lot of good conversations, and finally a little bit of action. My oldest has started taking some fitness classes at her university, and I'm hoping my middle daughter will do C25K with me. My younger ones are fairly fit and active because I learned my lesson with the older ones: don't just assume they'll play enough to stay fit. In this world with so much homework and stress and so many screens, kids just don't do what we did when we were younger (run around all day). So, in addition to trying to get them outside on their bikes with friends as much as possible, they do gym for several hours each week and I have my son in a running program after school. My daughter would like to do Girls on the Run, but right now it conflicts with her tumbling/cheer class.

I really hope your daughter enjoys her gym time and sees results that encourage her!
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    rune1990 wrote: »
    I have noticed my HR is remaining steady now. Which means to me that I've found my stride. Its a little harder then easy...I level out at about 167, and that's running a 7.30-45 km. I sure would like to bring that down, just not sure how. Bring it down I mean run the same speed, just with lower HR/exertion.

@rune1990, that will only come with more running. You HR is also affected to some degree by how fatigued you are, temperature, and if you're ill, but as far as HR vs. pace, as your cardiovascular system improves (by more running or other cardio work), your heart rate will drop for a given level of effort.

• rjmqk3
    rjmqk3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mark me down for 4 miles! I think I am going to up my short runs to 4 miles since I've increased my time to 10 minute miles. Long runs I'm going to shoot for 6 miles this weekend and adding a mile to my long run every week.... I should probably up my month goal, but I want to be realistic this month! Love all the support I'm getting here!

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    3/12/16 Shamrock Shuffle 5k
    4/23/16 Jiggle Butt Run 5k
    5/1/16 Lincoln National Guard Half Marathon
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @5BeautifulDays - I don't know if it's in the budget, but I think you deserve a treadmill that tracks distance. Consider it as part of the offer package for the new job as your son's pancreas perhaps? I hope that helps.

I picked up some new shoes last night. Since Brooks only makes the latest version of Glycerin wide width shoes in the Black/Orange color, and since I already have two pair in that color, my new 3rd rotation pair had to be different to avoid mass chaos. At the store I narrowed things down to a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders and Brooks Ghosts. So I got both, naturally!

Today I broke in the Mizuno Wave Riders. They feel a lot different from the Brooks Glycerins I have been running in, but it felt like I could run in them, and they gave me no problems!

3/1 - 5 miles
    3/2 - 5 miles

10/150 Miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/9 - Rock the Parkway half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    4/16 - Garmin Wickedly Fast half marathon (Olathe, KS)
    4/23 - Race for Hope half marathon (North Kansas City, MO)
    5/1 - Buffalo Bell Stampede half marathon (Leavenworth, KS)
    5/14 - Running with the Cows half marathon (Bucyrus, KS)
    6/2 - Hospital Hill 5k 7pm PRE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    6/3 - Hospital Hill half marathon 7am RE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    10/15 - Kansas City Marathon 26.2 (Kansas City, MO)
    11/5 - Jenks half marathon (Jenks, OK)
    11/6 - Kansas half marathon (Lawrence, KS)
    11/12 - Longview half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    11/13 - Gobbler Grind half marathon (Overland Park, KS)
    11/19 - White River half marathon (Cotter, AR)
    11/20 - Pilgrim Pacer half marathon (Lenexa, KS)

• ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    3/01: 3 miles, easy (am)
    3/01: 6 miles, 2x1 mile at LTP (7:30) then 800m @ 5K pace
    3/02: 6 miles, easy
    Total: 15.04 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    3/12 - Leprechaun Leap (5K)
    3/20 - Excalibur 10 Miler
    3/26 - Chicago Quarter Marathon
    4/03 - Shamrock Shuffle (8K)
    4/09 - Chi Town Half Marathon
    5/28 - Soldier Field Run (10 miles)

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Ahh crap! I think I accidentally deleted my original post!

04/16/2016 - Trail Mix 25K - Lake Rebecca Park
    05/14/2016 - Lake Wobegon Marathon - Holdingford, MN
    05/25/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - Lebanon Hills Regional Park 10K
    06/15/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - French Regional Park 5K
    06/25/2016 - Circle of Life Half Marathon - Lake City, MN (Tentative)
    07/04/2016 - Red Wing July 4th 10K - Red Wing, MN (Tentative)
    07/13/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - Lebanon Hills Regional Park 7Mi (Tent.)
    07/20/2016 - Torchlight 5K - Minneapolis, MN
    08/10/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - Hyland Regional Park 7 Mi (Tent.)
    08/12/2016 - Ragnar Great River 200+ Relay (Looking for a team)
    08/31/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (4 Mi) - Bloomington, MN
    09/12/2016 - Watermelon Days 5K - Kellogg, MN (Tentative)
    09/14/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (4 Mi) - Bloomington, MN
    09/24/2016 - Surly Loppet HM - Minneapolis, MN (Tentative)
    09/28/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (5.5k) - Bloomington, MN
    10/12/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (5.5k) - Bloomington, MN
    10/22/2016 - Surf the Murph 25k, 50k, 50Mi - Savage, MN (Tentative)

Ya that sucks.. You have quite a few races lined up... Probably as many as @WhatMeRunning

@GBrady43068 wow! That's lots of newbies. @4leighbee has been with us here and there. Also congratulations on the daughter. Mine is 20 and finally decided to get serious about losing weight.
    I'm not sure how shes done it. She spooks easily too, so I just offer the pat on the back and make shopping trip offers. We bought a treadmill a year ago, maybe she's using it. She's also has/had a crush on a runner... Mmm ya, chase him around girl ;) she said his legs will make you weak in the knees.... Keep runnin' boys!
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Ahh crap! I think I accidentally deleted my original post!

04/16/2016 - Trail Mix 25K - Lake Rebecca Park
    05/14/2016 - Lake Wobegon Marathon - Holdingford, MN
    05/25/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - Lebanon Hills Regional Park 10K
    06/15/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - French Regional Park 5K
    06/25/2016 - Circle of Life Half Marathon - Lake City, MN (Tentative)
    07/04/2016 - Red Wing July 4th 10K - Red Wing, MN (Tentative)
    07/13/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - Lebanon Hills Regional Park 7Mi (Tent.)
    07/20/2016 - Torchlight 5K - Minneapolis, MN
    08/10/2016 - Endless Summer Trail Race Series - Hyland Regional Park 7 Mi (Tent.)
    08/12/2016 - Ragnar Great River 200+ Relay (Looking for a team)
    08/31/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (4 Mi) - Bloomington, MN
    09/12/2016 - Watermelon Days 5K - Kellogg, MN (Tentative)
    09/14/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (4 Mi) - Bloomington, MN
    09/24/2016 - Surly Loppet HM - Minneapolis, MN (Tentative)
    09/28/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (5.5k) - Bloomington, MN
    10/12/2016 - Salomon Autumn Trail Series (5.5k) - Bloomington, MN
    10/22/2016 - Surf the Murph 25k, 50k, 50Mi - Savage, MN (Tentative)

Ya that sucks.. You have quite a few races lined up... Probably as many as @WhatMeRunning
    Actually...I just counted.

My list is 14 races.

@7lenny7 has 17 races!!! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Hmmm....

Not sure if this means I need to sign up for 3 more races...or 4....

Hmmmm.....
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    nothing yet, head cold, maybe this afternoon.

1-cold
    2-cold, maybe in the afternoon and definitely yoga tonight

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run 8k chip time: 53:37
    Feb 15 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k runkeeper time: 1:13:20
    ?Mar 14-Great Pi Run?
    May 7-Door County Half Marathon
    ?Jun 11-Rock n Sole 5 or 8k? honeymoon might interfere
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half

exercise.png

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options

My list is 14 races.

@7lenny7 has 17 races!!! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Hmmm....

Hmmmm.....

Keep in mind, @WhatMeRunning, that 7 of my races are tentative and you're way ahead of me on total miles. There's also a good likelihood that I'll have to miss one or two of the trail race series races. Then again, I have two or three more tentative races off list because it's a long shot if I go or not.

I'd have more on the list but we bought a boat over the winter so I'm trying to keep the number of weekend races down so they don't interfere with sailing. The two trail series races and the Torchlight race are during the week, so they don't conflict. The Lake City HM is where our boat slip is, so race in the morning, sail in the afternoon. Red Wing & Kellogg are both near our boat as well.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I got in 2.5 miles this morning. I may do more after work. Tomorrow morning I will probably have to skip my run due to an early meeting - but I'll try to make up for it after work. Hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy spring everybody.

Started this month with a race pace 5k and smashed my PR by a few minutes. Time 23:28. I know it's not really good but I'm getting there.

Shooting for 100 km this month and I so look forward to praise the sun.

.....Date.....Distance.......Pace......................................Random feel of the day
    March 01 - rest
    March 02 - 5 km............(4:42).........Stop bouncing like Bambi you idiot you gonna kill your knees

exercise.png
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 45 miles, I fell short last month between subzero temps and my ankle acting up but I am in again!
    March 12th- shiver me shamrocks 5k
    March 15th - start coaching Girls on the run!!
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Because I can't math, I have to change my ticker to reflect what I am actually supposed to be aiming for as my goal instead of pulling numbers out of thin air! I had to reschedule my physical therapy appt until next week, so I'm telling myself he'll be fine with my mileage goal :D

02/20 Snowman Stampede 10 mile race-cancelled due to injury
    04/24 Graffiti Run with grandkids - "Memaw's Mini Posse" is our team name!
    04/30 Greenland Trail Race...8 mile
    05/15 Colfax Marathon (Half)
    08/07 Tri for the Cure Sprint Triathlon
    09/05 Labor Day Mini Marathon (Half)
    10/16 Rock-n-Roll Denver Half

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options

My list is 14 races.

Hmmm....

Hmmmm.....

Keep in mind, @WhatMeRunning, that 7 of my races are tentative and you're way ahead of me on total miles. There's also a good likelihood that I'll have to miss one or two of the trail race series races. Then again, I have two or three more tentative races off list because it's a long shot if I go or not.

I'd have more on the list but we bought a boat over the winter so I'm trying to keep the number of weekend races down so they don't interfere with sailing. The two trail series races and the Torchlight race are during the week, so they don't conflict. The Lake City HM is where our boat slip is, so race in the morning, sail in the afternoon. Red Wing & Kellogg are both near our boat as well.
    Hmmm....

Not sure if this means I need to buy a boat or not....

Hmmm....

:lol:

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 4 miles
    3/2 - 3.5 miles

7.5 of 100 miles

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with thread. It's do hard to do on my stupid phone.

I'll wait right here for everyone. Great pix @stoshew71.

40hkab2aasdb.jpg
    ryyioksjl5c9.jpg
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    3/2 did a 1.5 mile jog during lunch. forgot to start up my Forerunner, so I had to estimate time....15 minutes