WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Got a new granddaughter! 7 lb 1 oz. No name as yet. No pics yet. All doing well. <3

Heather UK

CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Congrats Heather~ can't wait for pictures...
    still have scratchy throat, and my heels are starting to act up,, but will keep up at the gym.. will go early tomorrow morning.. will have some warm water with cinnamon and honey
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    [quote="GRITSandSLUTS;35777771

Lillian – I’m sorry you’ve had the flu twice. They say that if you get your vaccination early in the season, sometimes it mutates and your vaccination won’t cover it the second time around. So now I wait about a month into the season before getting mine, and pray that I don’t get it before then.

Lenora
    [/quote]

Lenore - I don't get a flu shot.... everyone around me that got flu shots this year got the flu ...go figure !

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Got a new granddaughter! 7 lb 1 oz. No name as yet. No pics yet. All doing well. <3

Heather UK

Congratulations Heather !
  • SugarDarlin1959
    SugarDarlin1959 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I willbe 57 in May. I am currently recovering from a total abdominal hysterectomy. I was having lower ab pain, dr thought it might be a hernia, ordered CT and ultrsound, no hernia but instead a uterine fibroid. My gyn dr said that since I had been through menopause that it would be best to just go ahead and remove everything to prevent any possiblitiies of getting cancer in that area. I have 2 grown children, both born via verticle c sections. My gyn cut out the old scars while doing the surgery :) Now I just have to let all that continue to heal for a while longer before I can do any real exercise, more than walking from one end of the house to the other. In the meantime I am going to focus on getting back to healthy eating. I love to exercise but I also love to eat.

If I had to choose a word for the month it would be Recovery, both physically and with better nutrition.

March Goals, for the remainder of the month:
    *Patience, I hate that word but that is where I am, waiting on my body to heal
    *Create and Establish a nutrition regimen that works for me
    * by March 28 I want to be ready to add cardio and weights on a regular basis
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Anne/Penny - we too had a pit bull. He was the runt of the liter, so we named him PeeWee. He grew to be the biggest pittbull I've ever seen. Absolutely the sweetest most well behaved dog ever. He got lymphoma about five years old and finally got so weak and sick we had to put him down. He was a great protector just because he looked scarey.

Janetr okc
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Heather!! I'm sure she's a beauty.

Meg - I made a comment last night (I swear I did!) about how my daughter and I both say that nerve pain is the worst pain ever. Hope you have improvement soon!

Welcome ConnieDaniel!

I am off to get a few steps in while I wait on the copier...

Carol in foggy NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    having my cup of warm cinnamon water with raw honey.. then try and do something with my hair.. have to work at 12:30 already made Toms dinner and lunch..
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options

Heather UK

Congrats. So very exciting and lots of baby snuggling ahead. I'm sure her big brother and sister will be thrilled and eager to help.

Janetr okc
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Heather UK

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6IbyM2Me6qfVoTAjzi8I2pHM6BCC8MPa3hGXnpYbmDxlXV6S-

Best wishes for a very healthy and happy long life to her and the rest of the family.

CJ
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »

Heather UK

Congratulations Heather !

congrats from me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

pit bulls are the bomb! when I used to have rocky and we would go visit patients in rehab or do a "tutor w/tails" stint at the library, one of the dogs was a mastiff, another was a pit. I was glad they were part of the group to show adults and kids, it's not the dog, it's the owner. they were sweet kids.

exermom - auto correct put your name to extinction or something like that lololol!!! I was like what the fuuu ????!!!! anyway, I know the reason why I don't burn as much per mile, it just still sucks.

next distance will be 7 :0( compression sleeves, that's all I gotta say

sorry to hear about the dog falling from the building, that just kills me....

I muddled thru spin class, and it was a sub that has subbed b4, I won't be taking his class again. I will give everyone a try by taking a few of their classes. has nothing to do with them personally, more than half of it has to do with music and there is so much new music out there, I just can't HANG with 70's 60's stuff ALL THE TIME. the coasters, eric Clapton, supremes, smokey robinson, AHHHHHHHHHHHH IT WAS KILLING ME!!!!
    ok, I'm done.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Congratulations Heather!!

Up almost 3 lbs. since Saturday's weigh in :# Could be from the corned beef on Saturday (I hope).

For the person who asked about the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Boston...it's next Sunday.

Have a good day everyone.
    Chris in MA
  • MissPen2014
    MissPen2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! YAY!!!! 5 days tracking my food in a row!!!!!!!! Busy day today, but I'll check in and read your posts a little later. You all have a good day!

MissPen
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ Such a sad story about the poor pup.

Mikesmom ~ Jake is a doll.

Joyce ~ Prayers for your DH. I know that living with this problem must be terrible for him and you.

Heather ~ Congrats on the new grand baby. Can't wait to see pics.

My brother lives way out in the country off a dirt road. He has spent the last 30 years remodeling what was once a plantation house (I have not seen it but heard that it is beautiful). He has these huge huge dogs that are what I think are a cross between a Mastiff and a Blood Hound. No one will get out of their car if the dogs are out. The last time I was there, one licked me until I was soaking wet. So, they are not really mean just mean looking and sounding.

Carol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    I've cropped this pic because there was a lot of DDIL still disrobed just after the birth. But here she is! At the moment I think she looks like her elder brother. :D
    They hope to have a name by tonight. :love:

zxgdrbzv5m5c.jpg

Love Heather UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful, Heather! Such a head of hair... :) Congratulations!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota – Raisins are worse than grapes; because they can gobble so many and then they swell in their digestive system. Thankfully, neither of us like raisins. I do freeze seedless grapes for a low calorie snack. Just have to make sure I don’t drop any. Cracker is very quick; but, she will usually give whatever she puts in her mouth up quickly if we yell at her about it. She’s still a puppy and everything, like with human babies, goes directly in the mouth first thing.

KJL – I called mine ‘draping the slab’ … mainly because they were so heavy and came so close together. Would usually miss one day of school each time due to cramps that would bend me over. I had a real accident while on vacation … did not realize that I was standing in a pool of blood; when sister and BnL saw me he scooped me up in his arms and ran the 4 blocks back to the motel where we were staying. We had gone to boardwalk gaming/skating place while they (parents) cleaned up. That was the first time I ever got seen by a GYN – worst experience of my life! Mother did not prepare me, I don't think she thought he would do a pelvic on a 16-yr-old. He made me feel terrible and I was totally embarrassed by the things he had to say to me. My Mother cussed him out, big time, telling him that she was the only one that would lecture me on 'morals'. Steam was rolling out of her ears, and fire shooting out of her eyes. I’ve made sure to inform my DOGD what to expect when she goes for her first visit. Not to scare her; but, to prepare her. My GYN always does a rectal exam whenever he does a pelvic. UGH! Hate that!

There are so many kinds of dogs that fall within the category of ‘pit bulls’. Most have sweet faces; and if raised from the time they are puppies, generally not aggressive – but, people are still scared of them, for themselves and their pets. The ‘pit bull terrier’ that Target uses in its ads is what I consider a real pit bull and the shape of their heads are almost like a football – that kind would be the ones I would be terrified of. Pit bulls usually have a bark that can be scary. When I am around a strange dog; the first thing I notice is what his tail is doing – that usually shows his/her emotions quite well. Never turn around and run from a dog who is running at you; you’re better off standing still. I would not want a pit bull; but, the ones I have been around have all been friendly. They won’t put any pit bull that has been picked up from a ‘dog fighting ring’ up for adoption around here. I don’t know what they do with them because the 3 shelters within spitting distance from where I live are ‘no kill shelters’.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Working on a Harry Potter baby quilt for a geeky friend this morning, and sanding down furniture in the afternoon... then writer's group tonight (staying in town). Busy day ahead! Worked out this morning, but was co-opted into a friend's exercise class and didn't get near enough of a workout. She wants me to come again tomorrow, but if I do, I'll have to go first and work out and THEN work out with her class.

Later, my dears,
    Lisa in West Texas