WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    michelegreat nsv eating the appple and a little bit of fudge instead of ice cream, if i give myself time to work out whether i really want a treat like that ice cream, i love when i make a positive choice. Safe road trip, bet it will feel great to be back home.

joyce how tough about your husbands illnesses, he is right about being mad, not depressed, he is one stubborn man! You can be just as stubborn and cook and eat and dine out the way you need to.

beth??? You okay????

One step, one bite at a time today for me.

Karen from ny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Just lost my post! :sad:

Tree on the line at Winchester so my train was cancelled. My friend was stuck down the line on that train. They are clearing the tree, so she will get on the next one in an hour and I will hop on it to join her at my station. We will have to get a taxi from Winchester train station as we will be pressed for time.
    I am wearing my new HORIZONTAL striped dress with old black leggings as my new navy ones will arrive later today. For your amusement I will post a very badly taken pic. Do you like the 60s style earrings?

toz1ios780my.jpg

DJ - vanity sizing I guess as it's quite loose. :D

Love Heather UK
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heather, great outfit! You look wonderful! And so youthful!

Rori, part of my job for 8 years was planning a conference for mental health clients, with at least 75% of the presenters being clients as well. I know what you mean about all the work and then you are done! I had real problems with post-conference let down. I did find spending extra effort on the evaluations and thank you cards to the presenters (we did not pay them) would help with that feeling of "what now".
  • rstarnes65
    rstarnes65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Morning All. I'm new to this community thing and just found this group/thread. I was 50 in November and would live to be part of this group. So much support is amazing !

My main goal for March is to be better at logging my food and sticking to it.

Thanks for all the support!!

Robin
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather, beaufiful. You and the dress. Thanks so much for sharing.

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    :) just checking in before bed, did 22,872 steps today... I think I know why I am tired.

Wow, that's a lot of walking

939317lvgeckihki.gif
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Heather, You look young, slim, happy, and darling in that dress
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Heather, you look fantastic!

I'm going shopping with my mother today. She needs a spring dress to wear to a wedding. I need nothing except a wedding gift for a totally different wedding. Should be a good day.
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I'm Tammy and I am 54. I've lost about 20 pounds since coming back to the community in January, but I've lost my momentum recently and stalled. My goals for March are to get back on track logging my meals, and increase my exercise. I have a fitbit, and I'm challenging myself, beginning today, to meet a goal of 10,000 steps per day for the next 100 days. With any luck, the weather will start to warm up so I can get outside. It's been a long Winter. I'm looking forward to giving and receiving support and motivation. Together, we can make this a fantastic month!
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good day all! New to the thread. Need all the support I can get. Have diabetes , need to lose at least 50 and having trouble staying motivated to exercise. So needless to say, my goals are to

Keep tracking calories
    Workout at least 4 days a week
    Get my sugar below 120
    Lose at least 7 pounds this month
    Quit smoking!! (Should be at the top, I know)

I got Jane Fonda aerobics on dvd last week, tried it yesterday and found my heart rate was 160 just a few minutes into it.
    I am so out of shape! Will keep on it though and pace myself till I can make it through without having a heart attack!

Good luck to all, you are such a great group! <3

Wendy
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Heather You look great! Love the dress with the ankle boots!

DJ You are always so inspiring!

Tammy Welcome! Congratulations on the loss! 20 pounds is something to be proud of! You will find that this a very supportive group of ladies! Come when you can and be inspired!

Went to the podiatrist yesterday to review the EMG report. Everything was completely normal, so no nerve problem. I'm very thankful for that, but there is still something wrong with my feet. Doctor thinks it is a Morton's Neuroma. I had a pinched nerve in that same foot probably 13-14 years ago that was helped with 5 injections of cortisone over a couple of months. So.....she gave me a shot of cortisone in the top of the foot and put a little foot pad on my foot to try and see if custom made foot pads will help. The little foot pad is annoying, but doc said it would take a couple of days to get used to it. If I can get used to it, she will have the orthotics precertified through my insurance. The cortisone has already seemed to help a little, but the foot is sore from the shot. At this point, since the pain has progressively gotten worse over the last couple of years, I'll try just about anything!

Still going to try and walk my lunch 20-minute mile. I love to walk and hike. That has been the worst thing about the foot problem! Sometimes it just hurts too bad to walk for more than 5 minutes! And with Lacey (the new puppy) she expects at least 3 walks a day!

Have a great day!!!! o:)

Donna in WV
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Cheri - terrific job on the SWSY program. That's what I'm doing too and have really enjoyed it. I had started another one before I received the book so I added a few others to the SWSY routine including crunches, squats and lunges and I am really enjoying it.

Congrats on the new baby in the family. It is always such a blessing and they are so much fun. I hope you do see them all soon.

We go this :)

Janetr OKC

I was very tempted to add to the SWSY program as at one point I was way above this routine however since I do an additional group of stretches and exercises on the alternate days for my back and neck I left it simple for now. I know I will have more success by starting easy and building up. Glad you are doing the program also!

Woke this morning to snow....just a light dusting and flurries....temps will increase over the next few days and thus it will melt away thankfully.

I'm sleeping a little better the last 3 nights. Meaning I haven't heard the wind trying to blow the house down (my husband's words), I check the clock when I close my eyes and the next time I look its at least 5 hours later and I am out of bed earlier with a tiny, little bit of step to my walk.

New routine: 8 pm take my meds (Celexa & Elavil) with my Magnesium drink (Natural Tranquility) then an hour later take my Valerian Root (3 capsules). Head up to bed by 10 pm to read a "real" book (no e books in bed) then turn on an audio book (loaded on my phone) and listen till I notice I am not focusing - turn it off and rest mindfully - next thing I know it is hours later. YIPPEE!!! Progress!!!!

According to my Fitbit Flex I am still having the same average number of "restless" times but heck I am not aware of most of them anymore! Hope this continues....

My daughter finds out today if her knee surgery is schedule for a week from this Friday. That will set things in motion for me to be ready to live with her (she lives in Chicago) for a week or two while she recuperates. She is a MFPer too.

Have a great day everyone! Any accomplishment is a step forward!

zxvwdmnn278h.jpg

Cheri in snowy Fairlawn, oHIo

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday ~ Hump Day to Some! :)

The strangest thing happened when I went to vote yesterday. When I got up to the table where they swipe your ID, the computer said I had already voted. After much discussion and about 20 minutes of filling out paper work, I finally got to vote on a provisional ballot. Ugh! Hubby was steaming mad about the whole thing and just glad he didn't go off on the people working the polls.

Carol
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Heather super cute!

:heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    sorry I am late, I slept from 7 last night to 6 this morning :open_mouth: holy cow~~~ well I did it again, just got up and went straight to the gym, only thing is there router isnt working right so no wifi for me and dont want to use my data.. but did a 1/2 hr on the treadmill ,but didnt want to be late to go feed DFIL, so im up to 6,300 steps as of right now...then went to visit my dad..I brought up the subject about going to Nashville and his eyes lit up.. he says he has a ton of airline miles so he is going to check out what can be used, so maybe the airfare will be taken care of.. then it would be just hotel and rental car. and I will plan on that...
    also will try and call Doris and see is she wants to go to up to the Cape Easter weekend,I believe I should be able to do what I want and not have to put off things I want to do, Jean has gotten down there to Florida once, and he will be back next month, did tell her if she could find alternate times I would be able to do it..
    Welcome Welcome to all of you new ladies~ you have found one fantastic group...
    Heather~ you look fantastic!!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    morning peeps -

exermom - a spin instr. should not really telling you what gear you should be in because everyone is different and they are all in different levels. i wouldn't expect if someone was to spin w/me to be on the same gear or do the same rpm as i do. it should be taught on perceived exertion (how hard you think you are working)... rpm on a flat steady road, you want to try to be at least 90 if possible, if you can't get there, your gear is too high. on hills your rpm will go down but your power should go up, you want to try to not go under 65rpm if it's too easy, then raise your gear a bit. music is a motivator. alot of times i will do my own thing during the class and won't follow what the instructor is teaching, sometimes i will. this monday i have to sub for the regular instr, it will be fun.

compression socks are supposed to be worn after the workout. some people put them on during the workout. if you get alot of cramps, it will help with that and make your recovery faster.

gloworminwa - thanks :0) about the lawn!

godmomkim - yeah, you're pooped.

jmkmomm- early happy bdayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cityjanelondon - lookin purdy good!!!!!!!!! cutie outfit!

yesterday the train that I usually ride home was delayed due to the wind (20min) then it was updated to 1/2hr. so I decided to ride home. the wind was brutal! Kirby said when I got home that it was 19mph, well it felt like it. I made sure to ride slow because with the rain and the fresh oil on the road and the wind, that's a deadly combo. that's all I needed was to skid and fall and mess up the shoulder again. made it home, still did over 10mph, that was surprising. when I was done, I ALMOST hit the 1000 calorie burn I missed it by 4 measly calories, I was bummed when I added it up!

Kirby said the roof would be done before next week! I think I heard him wrong, he said it will be done in 4 days! he said it is cheaper to get it done this time of year too.

my PT person was out on Friday due to a family emergency and then she has the first 2 Fridays of this month off so that's 3 Fridays in a row I will be missing PT. I try to do some stuff on some days to work the shoulder, usually on Thursdays and Saturdays I work something in on my own at the gym. I want her because she is so good. when Kirby starts doing his PT over hear after his surgery, I told him to request her.

type to ya later
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit - thanks for the positive and inspiring words!
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    rstarnes65 wrote: »
    Morning All. I'm new to this community thing and just found this group/thread. I was 50 in November and would live to be part of this group. So much support is amazing !

My main goal for March is to be better at logging my food and sticking to it.

Thanks for all the support!!

Robin

Welcome! This is a wonderful and supportive group.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) I am so fortunate to live in a place where I can walk every day including days with rain, snow, ice, and wind. I have the right clothes for every kind of weather and a great Bluetooth headset so I can listen to audio books while I walk. I usually walk with my dogs but if they don't like the weather, I walk without them. And, yes, I put those things on my daily gratitude list often along with so many other things in my life that add to my health, welfare, well-being, and joy.

ab2q1jubmny0.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options