WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Janet ~ Your granddaughter is drop dead gorgeous!

It didn't rain so I ended up going to my grand son's ball game. They lost 11 to 17. But, he did great and I loved seeing him run. He is a hoot to watch.

Went to BJ's and spent almost $200. I can never get out of there or Costco without spending too much.

Carol
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,971 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ok,Silverstar, I will play. Visually draw a horizontal line from the bottom of the roof of the shed across the picture, then a vertical line up from the stick that is lying across the rocks, about 1/8 of the length of the stick from the left end. Where those two lines meet is where the bluejay is sitting in the tree. Am I right?

I walked 4 miles today and got my 10,000 steps before lunch. I'm waiting until Monday to resume weight lifting, but I am sticking a fork in this flu and calling it done. I am now an official believer in the miracles of Tamiflu.

Marcilyn, you are truly abundantly blessed with grandchildren. They are beautiful children.

Janetr, your granddaughter is stunning. I know a couple of Mary Kay reps who make well over $100,000 a year plus have a new car provided for them. They are truly living the dream. Not my particular cup of tea, but it sure works for them. Were you the one looking for high protein low carb snacks? Have you tried the Quest bars? They were recommended to me by someone at my gym. Honestly, I'd rather have real food like nuts and cheese, but they aren't bad if you're in a rush.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2016
    Peach, thank you. Of course, she doesn't think so. She is my daughter's little mini-me except my daughter has very brown eyes like me. She has her Dad's and other grandmas' beautiful blue eyes. Her brother over her shoulder looks like his Dad but has my daughters' brown eyes. It's kinda funny. :)

How old is your grandson that played in the baseball game today?

Katiebug - Thank you, I tried a few sales things as part-time work in addition to my full-time office job when raising my girls alone, never make-up tho. But you definitely can make some good money at it if you are a go getter. She wants to do it in Hollywood or New York for the "stars". Well, I guess someone does it, right?

I have tried Quest Bars and Pure Protein Bars are recommended by the dietician, but you can only have one a day because they do have 17- 19 g. of carbs. I usually have one every day for breakfast. I guess all I can do is the best I can do. Someone suggested cottage cheese. I like that and it is lower in carbs than regular cheese. MFP shows me a pie chart each day and it is usually off kilter lol

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
    scgit3vlbqdo.jpeg

Just dropped off bullwinkle at the salon, her 1st professional spa day, the before pic!
  • janetr7476
    Lucky Bullwinkle, we'll be anxious to see the "after" :)

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    edited March 2016
    Janetr - My niece was determined to be a beautician at the age of 15/16. Her parents nearly went mad as she was an A student. She eventually decided to stay on for higher level exams and now is doing really well and has wider horizons. I supported her as I do think you can make something of any job, but just recently she has been to New York as part of her Photography programme, which was a bit of an eye opener. <3

I've got to watch the calories for a few days as my pesky pound is back. On track today. :)

We have a new Danish series on TV tonight. Danish is more or less the same as Norwegian, but the crazy pronunciation makes it unrecognisable. They sound as if they are swallowing pebbles. Impossible to imitate. I absolutely adored the Danish series BORGEN but couldn't stop laughing at the pronunciation. The only other language that makes me laugh like that is Portuguese. :D , which sounds like a mad, slurry Russian.

Half time England are winning 17- 12, but DH says France are the better team tonight. ;)

Love Heather UK

PS Just got this pic of Bea's new friend. :D

xdoknw6sav50.jpg
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Hi all. I haven't been able to get on, or when I do, the typing just disappears. Not sure what is up with that.

I got my new custom- and handmade kitchen table and chairs today. Of course the table has a dent on one edge, so they ordered a new one, but it will be June or July before i get it.

Kim; I love tulips and yours just made me smile!

Michele: Benny Beagle takes zonisamide and levatracetam (Keppra) for seizures. Since phenobarb makes dogs thirsty, we opted NOT to go with that one...he already drinks way too much due to his cushings disease.

Back is slightly better; very little sciatica today but the foot is still numb and still no strength in it.

OK I'm getting out of here; It keeps kicking me off! I want to get this posted before I get booted again!

Meg from Omaha where it is alternately hailing and sunny....weird!
  • janetr7476
    edited March 2016
    Heather - sweet, sweet picture. So beautiful. New friend looks very soft and cuddly too.

Yes, I can't get too excited about my granddaughter's choice right now. She'll change her mind a hundred times I'm sure. She is in an all girl college prep high school that is partially supported by Texas Tech University. She is pretty much guaranteed a scholarship as long as she keeps up her grades. I too try to encourage her to do what she wants to do and loves doing. Life is too short not to be happy in your chosen field.

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Heather, she is so precious. Please be careful with that pain. You don't have to have an irregular pulse with angina or a heart attack. Angina can be ANY pain above the waist. And whoever said that women were a lot different is correct. Plus since we are women, therefore the care givers, we tend to ignore the pain or just work through it.

My daughter is out searching for a new car and it's driving my husband crazy. He really wanted to go but when we think about how many times he has messed his diaper in our cars, I don't think any car dealership would appreciate his going along on a test drive. She is single, has 3 good size dogs and a cat. She routinely takes those dogs to the dog park or over here. So she likes her SUVS. So she comes over here test driving a tin can called a Mitsubishi Mirage. On paper it looks nice and she can buy a new one for the cost of the used SUVS she was going to look at. Plus it has the keyless start, voice activated blue tooth where where she can just tell her car to change stations, etc. But it is a tin can. It's a hatch back which will be good for her dogs. Charlie was out taking one of our cars for a drive. We don't drive our minivan that much since he isn't out much. So the battery went dead and AAA had to come out and charge it. So he missed her and the tin can and didn't get to see it, hear the engine and all those things a man has to do with a car.

I would love to do a hot air balloon also. But bungee jumping, although it looks fun would be quite a jolt to my back.

Joyce, Indiana Hello to the other Joyce
  • janetr7476
    Today was weight training day. I upped all 11 exercises from 3 sets of 10 reps, to 3 sets of 12. I'm a bit sore but think it will be gone by morning. My left knee has been bothering me a bit, hope it gets stronger as I go along. Almost 6 months post knee replacement surgery now. Over a year on the right one.

We got below freezing last night and will again tonight, it got some of my calla lillies. Hope it doesn't bother the hydrangeas.

Janetr OKC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,817 Member

DJ. ... You said: Beth, I’m just not sure that God made the lights go out for you but happy you made it through that work out session without hurting yourself, or someone else.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :wink:

Janetr ... Beautiful granddaughter!!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Heather ... Your language practice cracks me up!

Meg ... Patience ... Healing comes at its own pace.

Beth
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Dr Kati you have great sight! My mom thought it was on the pit. She had her glasses on! Very good!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    Pip prayers for Kirby. I understand about a windy day. You can see the difference in students on those kind of days.

Janetr she knows what she is doing with makeup. Stunning.

Heather adorable!

Our neighbor is moving in two weeks back to Arizona. Helped with yard work today. Good to be outside.

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member

After much searching I think I found the bird:

myn3ni3m23cu.jpg

Cheri

• silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Cherish , you did! Very good! I hope it was fun looking? That was the point. :smile:
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Going to a Saint Patrick's party tonight. I have ate at home so I am not so hungry that I eat everything they have to offer. Lol. The food there is amazing but so bad for you. Again venturing out on my own. Not thrilled about it but the alternative is to be home alone again. Maybe one day I will get use to it.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Hi.Sorry I have been mia most of the month.My knees have gotten so bad I can hardly walk even with a walker.We finally got insurance and Im seeing an ortho dr about a knee replacement.I am scared to death and have been very down.But I cant` live like this at 59.If anyone had one done any words of encourgement and of course prayers are welcome.
    Thanks ladies
    hugs jane
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    Jane - So sorry you are in such pain. Janetr had hers done. :flowerforyou:
    Nice to see you back here. <3

Heather UK
  • fritzboy
    fritzboy Posts: 9 Member
    I am not new, but haven's been on the site for four years; how time flies!