WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Lisa so sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my thoughts. Virtual hug heading your way.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Heather~ will keep your hubby in my thoughts
    Lisa~ it is such a tragedy to lose 2 people in such a short amount of time.. My condolences to you and there families ..
    gonna just lay low for a bit and listen to Pandora..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Maryanne: We won't tell anyone that you're underage unless you do. :wink: Welcome!

Dr. Katie: Your preaching has probably been over with for hours by the time this is posted. I'll bet you did a great job. :star:

Anne from Wisconsin: Have you tried planting your bulbs inside a small wire cage? :huh:

Sylvia: I'm happy that your son has protected his accounts from his ex. I hope you get needed rest and relief from gut pain. :heart:

Heather: I am so sorry your DH has had difficult news about a family member. I'm sending good thoughts his way, and yours. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Rori: Good luck on the condo sale in Hawaii. I hope it goes well for you and the stress is minimal. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I'm so sorry about the death of the Assistant Range Manager on the ranch. :cry:

Lindess: Welcome! I have lost and regained weight in the past, too. I now know that I need to maintain healthy eating habits, and this group of women has given me stability and continuing motivation to live a healthy lifestyle. There is a lot to learn, and Women 50+ has made it a pleasure. My health mantra includes these points: 1. Log every bite and swallow, 2. Move more, 3. Have fun, and 4. Check in with my Women 50+ friends regularly for moral support. :star:

DS and DDIL are still here and I'm enjoying their company. They're finishing up work on his boat and getting ready to move to his new posting. They're house hunting through Zillow at this very moment.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thank you Katla49 :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    lhannon - so sorry to hear, my thoughts with you and their families

I petered out, didn't dio 8 mi
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    We are still processing the news. DH and I spoke to his sister on the phone this afternoon. Oh my! Talk about a ripple effect. :'(
    Damage, damage, damage.

Had Spinach and Feta Pie tonight. Will have the last 6th for lunch tomorrow with red cabbage salad, (v low cal) so I can go out to my local mall in the afternoon and share the free scones and cream tea for two she has a voucher for. I'm not really interested in the tea, but it will be nice to go window shopping with my friend. <3 She is off to Hong Kong next month to visit her granddaughter.

Thank you for your support. :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    well got my isagenix we shall see, gonna see how well this works.. she gave me a couple of envelopes of strawberry cream, and got the canister of pina colada.. will try and use it with some ice.. and just with water..
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy spring!
    thanks for the words of encourgement.hugs jane
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Heather, hugs back for you and your DH...

And all of you, thank you. One so hates that helpless feeling.

Lisa
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy first day of Spring. It is 24 degrees this morning when I came to work and only to get to 50 today. I am working 6-4:30 today. DGD's dance yesterday her team got first place in their age group. She was so proud and they worked hard.

Pip--Sending prayers and good thoughts for Kriby tomorrow. Looks like now he needs a nap, but is happy.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts about tomorrow. It means alot to me.

Katla--I prayer you get good new neighbors. Life can be h### with the wrong ones. I was so glad when the ones next door moved and the couple in there now are nice and never see much of them or the children.

Sylvia--Sounds like your day trip was nice. Sorry to hear about the email. I would keep a copy and also show your son what she wrote and keep showing it to him everytime he talks about wanting to give her another chance. Glad DS is protecting himself with bank and things. Sounds like she would cleaned him out.

Janetr--Your granddaughter is very pretty. I will eat shrimp as a snack, the coctail ones. Also sometimes for a meal with a baked sweet potatoes.

Heather--How cute! They look so happy sleeping together. Sorry to hear about DH's family problem, sending hugs and prayers. I do have the means to travel like you do, but so love sharing your travels with you. Please keep sharing.

Jane--Sending prayers and lot of hugs. I do hope you feel better soon.

Kimses--You look great in the rabbit outfit. What fun!!

Lenora--Thanks for the discount info. I will have to start asking more often.

Joyce--I agree these young people text and not call. I have several kids and grandkids I will try and call they will not answer then I text and they answer right back. Drives me nuts.

Lisa--How sad for both famlies. Prayers to both families and freinds.

Welcome to all the new ladies. This is a great group. Come often and get to know us. Well it is not warming up much outside, but to be 70-75 the next two days and then back down in the 50's. This weather is crazy.
    Take care ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki Grand Island,NE
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Indiana~ Well the KIA Soul is not too bad and seems to have lots of room for the dogs:-) Our Chevy Spark is like a tin can, but with green on it, and its a cute as a bug on a rug! I have shown pics of it on here. Maybe because I learned to drive in it, does it hold a dear place in my heart. What color did she choose?
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Heather UK~ I don't type my situation to get sympathy or to make others that do not have to financially worry, feel bad :-) I type it because I was really proud of myself for being so darn thrifty! It's our choice to not be working, and just have fun with each other. I have had a serious talk, well as serious as I can with my man, about that. To have funds from us working, but then not seeing each other to appreciate it, or being together and living with what we have to work with. So we count the pennies together. I LOVE hearing about your journeys and trips by the way! And the fact that being married to a sailor, I have done my share of traveling, so I am content as a cat to just sit, with a cuppa. (((hugs)))
    Becca
    in rainy Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Becca - (((HUGS back))) <3

I so appreciate you ladies. :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sylvia, so glad your son changed his number. I hope she doesn't go to the grade school and bother them. She sounds like she is quite the catch. Can't believe she has tried to access his bank account. Did you say she was into drugs. I had to laugh when you talked about how your puppy likes when you stroke his nose. When Michelle was a baby and then into early childhood, I trained her so that when I sang 'Hush little baby don't day a word' and stroked down her nose she would go to sleep. I would start on her forehead and stroke downwards making her close her eyes. One time when we were on vacation the girls were getting pretty unruly in the back seat. So i made Charlie stop and let Christina sit in the front seat and I sat with Michelle. I took her on my lap and started singing that song. She said "Mommy don't sing that song, I promise I will be good." But Mom knew that she, and all the rest of us in the car knew she needed a nap. But her little body couldn't resist going to sleep with that song.

KJL, my Dad was a poor preacher and often had to depend on a credit card for a tank of gas, clothes to start school with, etc. They didn't abuse it but I never can remember my parents being out of debt. My husband's parents just didn't use credit cards. If you don't have the money, you don't buy it. So that is how we started in our marriage. Sure we had loans for car and house but our goal was always been to be debt free as soon as we can. our daughters are completely different. Our SIL was used to Mom and Dad using credit and that's how their marriage is. They are 38 and 40 and still have not started paying off college loans, have about the worst credit scores anyone could have. They think it's important to have their iPads, Apple computers, etc. Our other daughter was married to a guy who was as excessive with his credit card as he was with his wandering eye. She is still trying to recover her credit score after being divorced for 4 years. But she pays on every single debt each month. For the first time since 2007, she now has a car payment.

Cheri, Spring is here?????? Where???? We have had temps in the 70's and 80's here in southern Indiana this week and this morning it was 36 when I went to church. But that's OK, I need to do laundry and the only thing clean was sweaters!

Charlie had a real bad night. He won't wear a diaper to bed and he was incontinent 6 times during the night. Whether he likes it or not we are going to have to get a waterproof pad on his bed.

Lisa, will the death of the assistant ranch manager affect your husband's job? So sorry of your losses.

Becca, Michelle bought a 2010 Soul. It's basic color is red but it has custom painting with a white stripe going the entire length from bumper to bumper and roof. It also has some lights in front that have a cover on them and she has yet to find out what they are there for and how to turn them on. The salesman is going to contact the previous owner. It also has some firy stripes along the sides but it's kind of muted. Don't know if it will show it but this is the picture. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154013395554486&set=pcb.10154013395629486&type=3&theater

Joyce, Indiaan
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    i whimped out on running 8mi, probably because i did 7 yesterday, no excuse but i just didn't have it in me.
    walk- 5min, 3.1sp, .26mi = 10c
    jog- 32.44min total, 138ahr, 5k = 318c
    2mi @ 5.3sp
    1.1mi @ 6.4-7.0sp
    skip/sidestep/scissors- 22min, 138ahr, 157mhr = 240c
    total cal - 568
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and the young manager. Sad for all concerned.

Allison, good luck with your Isogenix. I have some Advocare meal replacement shakes that I use occasionally, but I never could get into using them on a regular basis. I probably won't buy more when these are gone. I do love me some green smoothies, though. I use Aria women's protein powder for most of my smoothies, but I make some with just a handful of almonds for protein and skip the powder.

My sermon went okay, I guess. The people seemed to like it. I'm glad it is over. Mama's lunch was delicious, but I didn't eat much. I'm still way from 100% over this flu.

Dave and I went walking this afternoon when we got back. It is very windy, but otherwise pleasant.

On a NSV kind of front, my 14w black "preaching" suit is getting loose.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    B)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Lisa, will the death of the assistant ranch manager affect your husband's job? Joyce

Joyce, No, probably not. Kody was on the cattle side, and my DH is mostly on the hunting side. He works on their vehicles and equipment, but Kody answered to the cattle boss, Jeff. Jeff and my DH both answer to the General Manager. Like us, though, they live at the ranch, so his wife not only lost her husband, she will lose her home.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lisa, (hugs)

Sylvia (hugs)

Heather (hugs)

Linda from Edmond OK. I just left your area this morning after spending a long weekend there. Now home in Iowa. Phew! Long drive- ten hours.

Love to all.
  • pipcd34
    Options