WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ljdw99 wrote: »
    I'm looking for an active group however this seems more like close friends so not sure I'd fit in or you need any more people.
    For what it's worth, I've only been here a couple weeks, and these ladies have been nothing but kind, friendly, and inspiring. :smile:
    At 5'10" my BMI chart weight in the high end is 175 so that's my goal. I'm enthusiastic and committed to reaching my goal & would love to share other's accomplishments.

That seems very reasonable. I'm 5'11" and you couldn't pay me to weigh less than 180 :wink: but I do want to keep below 190 or so.

You'll do great!

Larisa in Seattle
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip- yay! I'm glad everything went well for Kirby.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth i completely understand about being nervous around the audition/recital experience. My husband is the one who makes dd very nervous. I have learned to act really nonchalant and this seems to work with her.
    I know your son has his hopes pinned on this school, any nys colleges in his sites? I will be thinking good thoughts as you approach this milestone.

Karen from ny
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Pip - 95% is a RAGING success with a shoulder... SO pleased for you and Kirby...

Well, today is two months I've been with the blog company - and as near as I can tell, I'm averaging about $4 an hour... and sometimes less, when posts get rejected. I'm right in line with company standards, at 10 percent rejection, but for the very specialized posts, you can't recycle them. Big fat "oh well," there, and it's the risk you take. And I knew it wasn't going to be more than a supplement--I'm too focused on quality to just throw anything up there, so my research time really drops my hourly wage.

But, have been doing a lot of studying on making money on my own websites, and as y'all may have noticed, I do have something to say... so I'm starting to build blog posts for my own sites. I have four sites now, and putting together a fifth that aggregates the whole bunch. Still working through the ramifications in my mind, but now that I'm writing again regularly, I want to keep going--I just don't want to do it for other people. Lots to think about.

Second day in a row that I'm under my calorie count, over my exercise goals, and feel like I have my feet back under me in terms of taking care of myself first. Now it's time to get the weight off. Literally, physically and metaphorically.

Memorial for Jamie is Thursday, in Lubbock, three hours away. Don't know if I'll make that one. Cody's is here in town on Friday. Sad days for this small community. My DH dropped in on Cody's wife this morning, says she's doing better than he would be under the circumstances. Lots of family gathering around her.

About to walk over to the library to my writer's group, finish getting my step count in for the day...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Pip - I'm a sucker for medical pics and procedures. Had some thoughts of becoming a surgeon once. :) Glad it went well.

Heather UK
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Lisa - sometimes when an embroidery job needs tear out, or just isn't as expected, I find myself way way under minimum wage - a bit frustrating! but it sounds like you are getting some good experience and it might open some new doors. 3 hours is a long drive - I know I would be tempted to do it for the friends and family of my friend - but I am pretty committed to going to funerals/memorials - seems weird I know - but having almost no one at my dad's I realize how important it can be to the family to have a good turn out - I learned after the fact that no one was at my Dad's because my mom made it private --- grrrr I wonder if Cody's wife is still in shock.

Kim - in N. Cal
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for an active group however this seems more like close friends so not sure I'd fit in or you need any more people. Also I'm 50+! I am in my 3rd month of MFP and very focused on success. I've lost 23#s & my next goal is 10 more by Mothers Day. I don't do a lot of aerobic exercise because I have a knee that needs to be replaced...probably this summer. Water aerobics and free weights are about it for now. I love the MFP app & am learning mindful eating which has been enlightening to say the least. At 5'10" my BMI chart weight in the high end is 175 so that's my goal. I'm enthusiastic and committed to reaching my goal & would love to share other's accomplishments.
    ldw
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Welcome ldw, nice to have another from MA here! I think that makes 4 of us now, Kimses,Mindy, you and me.
    This is a great group of women, all are cheerleaders (picture little pleated shirts and Pom-poms) and I've gotten so many wonderful tips.homog1b46fpb.jpeg
    How nice to be able to walk AFTER work in daylight. Fortunately today's snow had little impact, as demonstrated by the crocus finding the sun thru the snow.
    Chris in MA
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I went back to work after a week of spring break and I am just exhausted. My back is hurting too so this will be short so I can go to bed!

Lenora: I have both a touch pad and a mouse on my laptop and a mouse on the PC. What are the discounts for? I must have missed the story

Michelle: we get the zonisamide at walgreens and it must be a standard dose, because they don’t have to compound it. It’s all based on weight, so a smaller dog or cat would need less. Good thing it’s a Walmart; Benny Beagle has a discount card there!

Wow 7 pages to read! Too much for this tired old brain. Enjoy your evening and have a good day tomorrow! Meg from Omaha where it is 70 now and snowing on Wednesday!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm looking for an active group however this seems more like close friends so not sure I'd fit in or you need any more people. Also I'm 50+! I am in my 3rd month of MFP and very focused on success. I've lost 23#s & my next goal is 10 more by Mothers Day. I don't do a lot of aerobic exercise because I have a knee that needs to be replaced...probably this summer. Water aerobics and free weights are about it for now. I love the MFP app & am learning mindful eating which has been enlightening to say the least. At 5'10" my BMI chart weight in the high end is 175 so that's my goal. I'm enthusiastic and committed to reaching my goal & would love to share other's accomplishments.
    ldw
    North Shore, Massachusetts

welcome.gif...if you keep coming back and join in the conversation, you'll feel like a close friend before long....you'll find a lot in common with many of us....I do free weights and ride my recumbent exercise bike in addition to walking and dancing...I started participating in this thread when I had a lot of weight to lose and didn't think I'd be able to lose it, but with the encouragement of these women, I lost the weight and have kept it of for quite awhile....congratulations on the weight you've lost already.

:) Barbie from NW Washington
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Chris- beautiful flower!

I have over 5.5 miles in and still have another walk to take with Shep. It's cold outside but no snow!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    <3 Rosie in So Cal
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Chris- beautiful flower!

I have over 5.5 miles in and still have another walk to take with Shep. It's cold outside but no snow!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Minneapolis is to get 6 inches Wednesday. Gayle
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Keeping busy here, weather is crazy, sun and rain. DD is still in Denver and I am getting tired of doing all horse chores by myself but maybe it burns extra calories.

Pip - gotta love those scope pictures. Glad it went well for Kirby.

Heather - Hope things work out for DH. My DH is on the third of his trilogy and enjoying them.

Lisa - Sorry for losses. Hope working for yourself works out. You are definitely motivated.

Jane - I had my left knee replaced in 2004 and the right in 2007. Good decisions. I now very rarely have pain, I ride my horse, walk and pretty much do whatever I like except very high impact exercise.

Sounds like lots of challenges out there but we are all strong women and with the support here can make it through I know. Take care, Sue in WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    beth i completely understand about being nervous around the audition/recital experience. My husband is the one who makes dd very nervous. I have learned to act really nonchalant and this seems to work with her.
    I know your son has his hopes pinned on this school, any nys colleges in his sites? I will be thinking good thoughts as you approach this milestone.

Karen from ny

My son has refused to consider other schools. If he can't make it into the Nashville school, he plans to rethink his future and attend a community college until he figures it out.

Tonight he and his dad are looking for audition clothes ... Not formal I guess

Beth
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and advice about the arthritis!
    Beth, I hope the audition goes well.
    Sylvia, so sorry you have so much grief with that son of yours!
    Lisa, good luck with the new ventures. We all know you can write!
    Welcome new people!
    Feeling tired and still have some chores to do, but I did make it to the gym. Have a good evening!
    Betty
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Love Heather UK

Can't resist this one.

zxrb80p4kkdo.jpg

I love this photo. You are a lucky grandma. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sylvia I think the order of protection is a good thing to do. My daughter had someone who would harass her by text email at her job etc. It got scary. It is amazing what we can put up when it comes to our children no matter what they have done to us. Send you a big virtual hug. You are in my thoughts alot these days.

Katla the picture is adorable.

Have gotten behind on all the posts.

I understand the issues airing things on a public forum. Often forget it is just not us ladies that have access. If anyone needs to vent via message I am here to listen. You ladies have made a difference when I have been crying and lonely with your encouraging words. Life just sucks sometime.

Kirsten special thanks to you for being there. Sometimes it amazes me how similar we are. Lol.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Anne. Lately, I've been the one doing all the leaning and you're doing all the supporting. I appreciate you.

Kristan
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather, Thanks for sharing the picture of the grandkids. That's a whole bunch of joy there.

Janetr okc