• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Hey catfish, you there?
    I am watching for you. 👁
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited August 2020
    Oh no... My classical guitar mentor Julian Bream passed today @ age 87. :'(
    I know most people won't know who he was but he was a virtuoso classical guitarist that inspired me for decades. Feels a bit like losing a family member.

I feel the need to play...
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    parents tell their kids not to eat the dirt because they know somebody's ashes were spread there....
  • honeybee__12
    lkuio4vwtxh7.jpeg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I wonder how slimgirljo has almost 1/4 million posts?! That's a lot of things to say. :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2020
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I wonder how slimgirljo has almost 1/4 million posts?! That's a lot of things to say. :)

MFP longevity + awesomesauce + fun and games threads
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

What can I say verbal diarrhoea :D

MFP longevity + awesomesauce + fun and games threads

🤗
  • honeybee__12
    qrv3geqh5ipq.jpeg
  • OceanEscape
    OceanEscape Posts: 8 Member
    I just want to be able to eat one toaster strudel in peace. 😝
  • ReenieHJ
    Sometimes it feels okay to want.
    Sometimes it pulls heartstrings a little too much.
  • honeybee__12
    Another year, another birthday.
    Wow, he’s gettin’ OLD! 😂 Lolo.....
  • slimgirljo15
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    I'm in a place now where I'm able to help others go through things that I've had to go through. Things I thought I'd never recover from. To find the light in the unbelievably darkest times.

I'm so far from where I was health wise 30 months ago. Physically anyway. I weigh more than I ever have. I was lucky to survive my widow maker artery being 96% blocked. But mentally, I'm getting back. I've graduated beyond the battle of just trying to survive the day, or even hour. I care about my health again, about how I look. How I feel.

I have a cardiologist appointment tomorrow and one of the things we're going to discuss is a plan on getting me back in shape, cardio wise. I want to run. I want to be able to do anything I want actually. The fact that I want these things is much bigger than most people know.

So, I'm going to be leaning on some of you for support and encouragement. My cookbook is full, so I'm not here for recipes right now. However, I am here to beat the demons once and for all. I want to do it for me, my family, and to honor her memory. She'd be so pissed at where I've let myself get.

That's my random thought. Even writing my feelings out is something I haven't really been able to do in a long time and this actually feels good.

🤗❤ this
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited August 2020
    Cool
    Got a 2 year MFP badge...Wow. Where did 2 years go?
  • slimgirljo15
    yukfoo wrote: »
    Cool
    Got a 2 year MFP badge...Wow. Where did 2 years go?

Congratulations 🤗
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member

Girl your so damm funny :D:D
  • honeybee__12
    Tigg_er wrote: »

Girl your so damm funny :D:D

❤️
  • ReenieHJ
    @KickTheSky Don't know who you are or what your story is, only mere glimpses but d@Mn I wish I could give you a real live hug right now. I know I'm speaking for many here when I say we can/will help support you. Wishing you the very best of luck at your dr. appointment today. It sounds like you've got lots of reasons to gain a better lifestyle and the drive to do it. :)
    If you want to friend me, please do. People always told me I'm a good listener. Well, except my dh. :blush:
  • honeybee__12
    5qxz568gci7n.jpeg