Random Thought For the Day

Options

Replies

• Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ive been not even bothering to fix my bedhead in the morning when I go out. Ill drop off my kid at school looking like a hot mess. Cool thing is I dont even have to put on pants since I dont need to get out of the car. 🙌
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Idk why exactly but seeing posts about women who are going into or have went into labor worrying about their makeup makes me really sad. I love makeup and am about as vain as a stereotypical girly girl is and I technically get it but I spiritually don’t. Guess they know damn well there will be photos. Idk isn’t really my business.

So, instead of cursing at their SO for knocking them up, they're cursing at them to find their *kitten* lipstick?

Haha I think it depends on the situation. The first one I remember was kourtney Kardashian. Like, her water breaks and she goes and not only takes a shower, but puts on a full face. I see comments from women who have done the same or even putting it on in the hospital bed. Latest one was a comment on sweat proof foundation, lady said she was currently in labor and was going to test out these claims. Granted perhaps she was already made up beforehand.
    Also I’m not against it, it’s just like…… idk a medical emergency in my eyes. The beauty industry has us all by the throats. Brb applying lip gloss. 💄😅😅😅 people can do whatever makes them happy.

To be fair, labour can last for hours and it's a common occurrence that if you go too soon you'll get turned away, so why not do your makeup if it makes you feel better? Giving birth is an extremely vulnerable time, I don't blame anyone who tries to take control of a small aspect of it.

Ya and I’m sure if I had had kids especially in my 20’s I know damn well that would have been me too. I used to get done up to go to the gas station and I still do for the grocery store. Hell I’ve done it for the gym and all my exes didn’t get that either so in conclusion, I have become a man. 🤡

Dayyyyyyum. Priorities. :p

I'm so not a girlie girl. I did know someone who posted on the imdb message boards (RIP) while in the hospital waiting to give birth. Now THAT would be me.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Why do I keep seeing "SAHM". Da heck is that? Single as hell mother?
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Why do I keep seeing "SAHM". Da heck is that? Single as hell mother?

I googled it, stay at home mom
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Options
    Well thats even more depressing 😒
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Options
    Single as hell vs stay at home. Which one sounds more exciting? I stay at home cuz I work remotely and barely ever have to go into the office. I assure you its not exciting. Hell on the other hand or any variable to contain "as hell" has to be entertaining
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    that’s a lot of attrition in a few days
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,510 Member
    Options
    e1bkj26wq5wg.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    rytlpl3ezeyz.jpeg
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Options
    Had a dream I was visiting my mom and there was a ton of weights in the garage for me to take home. So disappointed when I woke up 😓
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    You know you're old when the music at the grocery store is awesome.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    34ftbg648lra.png
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    ubg57b7j2viv.jpeg
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Be yourself, they'll adjust.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Be yourself, they'll adjust.

Its been years and my family is still trying to adjust 😂🤪
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    That, when carrying two drinks in a drink carrier, to not accept an offer of leftover smoothies in a separate cup because when you take the adult smoothie out of the carrier and still have the diet coke in the carrier, taking out the baby smoothie will tilt the drink carrier and you will have to "steal" a diet pepsi from the work fridge for the caffeine you obviously need.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    ty9l938aaqmn.gif
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    No matter what the “experts” say and despite all the maps and water current charts,
    it is weird af to have so many floating tennis shoes with feet in them. 🧐🥺🤢

I posted this in another thread and it was ignored.
    Thought I’d try here, seriously does no one else think that’s weird?

Tennis shoes with feet in them floating around in the Pacific and washing on shore in one particular area.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    No matter what the “experts” say and despite all the maps and water current charts,

Tennis shoes with feet in them floating around in the Pacific and washing on shore in one particular area.

I don't know the story you mean but here there was a track shoe found on the beach with a foot in it , apparently Melissa Caddick's There has even been some speculation that she cut off her own foot and staged it all so she could get away from authorities 🙄
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

I don't know the story you mean but here there was a track shoe found on the beach with a foot in it , apparently Melissa Caddick's There has even been some speculation that she cut off her own foot and staged it all so she could get away from authorities 🙄

There’s an area on the west coast of British Columbia and Washington State where tennis shoes with severed feet still in them have been washing ashore for some poor soul to find. Very strange.

I had to read about Melissa Caddick, geez 🙄