Just eat the damn ice cream!

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    According to what I read from Drs Purlmutter and Hyman, added sugars are bad for you, but fruit is not. Added sugar dumps sugar in your blood stream, while that in a banana needs to process. So I would stick with my recipe. FYI, I purchase peanuts only peanut butter. It tastes very closely to the sugary fat kind. Best to you.

Ahahahahahhhhhaaaa

No

Sugar is sugar

If you're diabetic perhaps

But sugar is sugar is sugar
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    I love Talenti... Caribbean Coconut- I just..... I cant. I die. <3

I recently discovered Talenti mango sorbetto and raspberry sorbetto. HOLY CANNOLI I AM IN LOVE. They actually taste like the fruit instead of some artificial grossness... Because it actually is the fruit! I look forward to trying the different gelatos.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What you have illustrated is the point that so many of us try to make every time someone comes in here thrilled that they have discovered this brand new thing called NICE Cream and OMG it is just like ice cream only HEALTHY!!!!

Then we point out how it is likely as many, if not more calories than a serving of regular ice cream, and that the sugars in the fruit are no different than the sugars in the ice cream, and then everyone accuses us of being mean and unsupportive.

So I for one am THRILLED to see someone come to the conclusion all on their own. Kudos to you OP!!!!

PS - the Edy's slow churned are about half the calories of the Haagen Daaz, and Talenti Gelato is amazing, if a bit pricey...

god. im sick and tired of mean posters like this being so unsupportive
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I recently discovered Talenti mango sorbetto and raspberry sorbetto. HOLY CANNOLI I AM IN LOVE. They actually taste like the fruit instead of some artificial grossness... Because it actually is the fruit! I look forward to trying the different gelatos.
    One of the new flavors is a chocolate sorbetto. I really want to try that.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I saw a review of it that said it was very middle of the road and recommended the chocolate sorbettos from Gelato Fiasco instead. Now if only my local stores carried those flavors (they do carry the brand), I'd be set.

I love me some dark chocolate sorbetto from Paciugo :heart:
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I eat mine similar to this when I'm too lazy to make ice cream - which is most of the time :D. It can be done lower calorie with pb2. I usually add other fruits or some cocoa nibs or throw it all in.

Something in a lot of commercial ice cream makes me pretty sick (1 definitely and possibly another) so....I avoid almost all of it almost all the time.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited March 2016
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I saw a review of it that said it was very middle of the road and recommended the chocolate sorbettos from Gelato Fiasco instead. Now if only my local stores carried those flavors (they do carry the brand), I'd be set.

I love me some dark chocolate sorbetto from Paciugo :heart:
    I've only ever seen Gelato Fiasco at a Krogers an hour from my house. :disappointed:

siviero-maria_product.png
    Speaking of store gelatos, I cannot recommend this brand enough for anyone that can find it. Their tiramisu is the first gelato I ever tried and still my favorite.

ETA: The brand name is Siviero Maria
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You know, that's two shout outs for PB2 now, I've never tried it - is it as good as the real deal do you guys think?
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The only similar thing I've done is compare full fat ice cream side by side to reduced fat ice cream after buying reduced fat without thinking about it for years. Turns out the calorie count isn't very different. Who'd a thunk it?
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Now I want ice cream! :) I tried Halo Top last night - it was 240 calories for a pint of vanilla bean. It was pretty good, but I would rather have the real thing!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have the banana peanut butter than plain ol' vanilla.... :smiley: I do like ice cream, and I wish that Skinny Cow's ice cream was worth the cost, it's only good at helping me with my portions since the calories are comparable to some ice creams as well.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Sez3199 wrote: »
    You know, that's two shout outs for PB2 now, I've never tried it - is it as good as the real deal do you guys think?

It's definitely not as good as real peanut butter, and I won't eat it straight, but in things like banana ice cream or smoothies, where the peanut butter flavor isn't extremely strong anyway, it's not too bad.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Only as a flavoring. I don't care for it reconstituted and used as pb spread. Some say other powdered peanuts are better tasting. I haven't tried others yet since I'm still finishing the pb2.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I just had ice cream from McD's because of the title of this thread.
  • Rabidrunner
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I just had ice cream from McD's because of the title of this thread.

Yaaaassssss!!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Co and Jif both have their own powdered PB if you're interested in checking them out. I'm currently trying out Jif's. I agree with the other posters about not using it as a spread.
  • Rabidrunner
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Raynne413 and @AmazonMayan, I may dabble with the PB2 at some point, but I have to admit that I don't blend the PB in my dessert - I measure out the tablespoon and put a big gob in the center of the banana mix and then just stir it a little bit. End result is more of a PB ribbon rather than a smooth consistency. I like the surprise of a big chunk of it ;)
  • Rabidrunner
    Options
    MamaMc3 wrote: »
    Now I want ice cream! :) I tried Halo Top last night - it was 240 calories for a pint of vanilla bean. It was pretty good, but I would rather have the real thing!

Stop the press: 240 calories for a PINT? Is that right? Or is it 240 per serve?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    How many grams in the each serving? Ice cream = 1/2 cups but what about grams? Your concoction shows one serving but how many grams in that serving. Just saying 1 banana, 1 tbs of peanut butter, doesn't say much or makes it easy to compare. Grams, baby, grams is what is needed. Isn't it what everybody in MFP preaches about?

If I look at your concoction, as written, it seems more healthy than the ice cream and the difference in calories is minor. It has less sodium, sugar and cholesterol, more protein, vitamin C, and potassium that the ice cream.

Yes, they are both deserts, but so are apples and oranges but they are both different kind of fruits.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    MamaMc3 wrote: »

Stop the press: 240 calories for a PINT? Is that right? Or is it 240 per serve?
    http://static1.squarespace.com/static/555e46ffe4b00d375ca9fd13/t/557b486fe4b06b6897b76b7b/1434142832714/?format=300w A pint