McDonald's

Options
wet666
wet666 Posts: 1 Member
Advertising McDonald sandwiches on MyFitnessPal!?!?!? REALLY!

Replies

• rmuth25
    rmuth25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mcmuffins all day
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Guess you haven't figured out how the Ads work...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Adverts are based on your browsing history. Either stop searching for fast food or get an ad block extension.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Adverts are based on your browsing history. Either stop searching for fast food or get an ad block extension.

Thanks. I am at McDonalds about every day since it fits my macros and do not see those ads.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MFP doesn't get a lot of control over their ads. They're based in browsing history and some basic algorithms to figure out what might fit you.

I would take your McD's ads any day over the stupid waist trainers ads I'm seeing now.o

PS there's nothing wrong with fast food if it fits your goals. Plenty of people here still fit it into their lives.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't get a lot of control over their ads. They're based in browsing history and some basic algorithms to figure out what might fit you.

I would take your McD's ads any day over the stupid waist trainers ads I'm seeing now.
    Or the detox tea ads I see. :s

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I would take your McD's ads any day over the stupid waist trainers ads I'm seeing now.
    Or the detox tea ads I see. :s

I used to get toilet papers ads anytime I opened a juice cleanse post. I miss those.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Thanks. I am at McDonalds about every day since it fits my macros and do not see those ads.

You will now! :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Get an ad blocker - problem solved.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I see the fit tea one a lot.

Right now, I have the ASPCA at the top and a Verizon ad on the side.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    wet666 wrote: »

what is wrong with mcdonalds...it has fat, proteins, and carbs...sub out the fries and you have a pretty decent meal when in a pinch...
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Lol, I am getting a Nyquil ad right now. In Spanish?!?! I didn't know that I was sick, or that I knew how to speak Spanish.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Lol, I am getting a Nyquil ad right now. In Spanish?!?! I didn't know that I was sick, or that I knew how to speak Spanish.

Don't go to Chipotle tonight. It's gonna get you sick.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have Lorna Jane and health insurance
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    rmuth25 wrote: »
    mcmuffins all day

Whoop! I had one for dinner this week. Glorious, egg mcmuffin deliciousness!!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »

Lol! I get the Spanish ads all the time. I do have the Duolingo language learning app on my phone. Maybe it thinks I need real world practice?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mcmuffins all day

They just started all day McMuffins in Australia. I'm annoyed. All I want is to be able to get a cheeseburger before 10:30am. Is that too much to ask???
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Iifym
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    mcmuffins all day

They just started all day McMuffins in Australia. I'm annoyed. All I want is to be able to get a cheeseburger before 10:30am. Is that too much to ask???

ME TOO! I dont give a hoot about their all day breakfast....gimmie the lunch/dinner menu at 8am!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    wet666 wrote: »

what is wrong with mcdonalds...it has fat, proteins, and carbs...sub out the fries and you have a pretty decent meal when in a pinch...

Sub out McDonalds fries?!?! Thats sacrilegious!