Options

Don't go to Chipotle tonight. It's gonna get you sick. [/quote]

Oh but Chipotle is soooo worth it ;)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    Adverts are based on your browsing history. Either stop searching for fast food or get an ad block extension.

Thanks. I am at McDonalds about every day since it fits my macros and do not see those ads.

@GaleHawkins I'm just curious, what do you order from there ? ( besides black coffee ) I am genuinely just curious and am not making a joke about your way of eating. I just wanted to know ?

On the coffee side I get several of the $.59 senior cup of regular coffee and add 8 little half and half creamers to each cup so on average the cost is $.20 a cup.

Food wise I get the 'round' eggs that are cracked from the shell just before they cook them in real butter, sausage and real bacon strips. Each of these items are $.99 each but if bacon it is two pieces for $.99.
    How do you define real butter? I'm curious since I've worked there before and fixed those rounded eggs.

My daughter says the change to real butter for round eggs is recent.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat a snickers
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Eat a snickers

that is absolutely great...made me laugh....thanks
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It took my 5 minutes on Google to search all the "deadly" chemicals and none of the things you listed are dangerous to most people
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Eat a snickers

Lawd I'd kill for a snickers McFlurry. But it's cold and I've got to go to the office today.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    willnorton wrote: »
    you people keep eating that mcdeath crap and when it kills you.... who cares

Dude. Guess what, we are all going to die.

@queenliz99 I think many people fail to grasp that fact some days. :)

Eat at McDonald's is getting more like shopping for food at Krogers, Safeway, WM, etc. You can select junk food or more healthy food.

Everyone knows eating any food one did not grow and prepare means eating a lot of unknowns.
    What goes on in the food processing plants and back in the kitchen can still be a wild card.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

yes...and very proud of my career... you???

I'm rather fond of mine as well.

Enjoy your day. Try to be less bilious toward your fellow posters. We're a community.

I get it when we get the young dudes from BB.com acting like that, but you'd think someone in his 60s would have matured a bit more by now. It's certainly not a productive approach.
  • singingflutelady
    edited March 2016
    Options

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    wet666 wrote: »
    Advertising McDonald sandwiches on MyFitnessPal!?!?!? REALLY!

what is wrong with mcdonalds...it has fat, proteins, and carbs...sub out the fries and you have a pretty decent meal when in a pinch...

What's wrong with potatoes? lol.

Nothing wrong with potatoes, its the salt content in those fries.

According to their website: A quarter pounder has about 1,100 grams of sodium. Medium fries has 180. Their salads have 700-1000 grams....

I'm not disputing what there website states, but I seem to remember a recent emissions scandal at VW (I realize they are two completely different entities) but figures can be manipulated quite easily is my point.
    I would say there nutritional info is probably a lot more accurate on foods that do not have salt added after the cooking process. I have literally watched an employee stand over the fries with the shaker, then minutes later a second employee doing the exact same. That sodium level is not measurable unfortunately as the number vary from store to store. I cant stand added salt on foods, so I'm similar I skip the fries.

So salt that you can see and taste, rather than sodium content.
    fwiw,
    I skip McDonalds altogether. :)

So because I can see it and taste it, that means it has no measurable levels? Would you log 4 teaspoons of salt on MYP if you personally added it to the fries?

and yeah fwiw,
    I've not eaten in McDonalds for a number of years. iifym then why not just not my thing.

No, just pondering why fries don't work for you, but a burger with much more sodium would.
    My husband is that way. He can eat the saltiest foods, but hates salt added to an already cooked product.

for me, macros aren't the thing, I just don't like eating junk, except for a few of my favorite treats. McDonalds (fast food) doesn't do it for me any more.

It is simply for that reason, I cant stomach the added salt. I can eat chili peppers all day but add some salt to fries and my mouth really is on fire.

If I'm being perfectly honest, the sodium content didn't cross my mind the last time ate a McDonalds burger (hungover on the way home from a booze fueled holiday) and even then it was the meat and no bun (coeliac), I simply just looked as a full cheeseburger.

Funny you say your mouth is on fire. Another poster noted that lately eating fast food fries made her mouth burn.
    Cheers

Yeah I got flamed for that too.. lol.
  • bpetrosky
    Options

Hmmm...breaking the chain of evidence is a serious breach of the public trust. I'm sure the Food DA will not look kindly on that.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

Wow what a scientific source. No fear mingering in that title.He didn't read what he posted anyways since most stated there was no health risk...
  • singingflutelady
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is stating cellulose is a deadly additive on the same level as sodium bicarbonate in kfc is deadly too
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Read about the site on wiki. Kind of funny.

But yeah, that article is classic trolling -- let's make these perfectly fine ingredients sound scary. FoodBabe would be proud of Ms. Breyer.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

But yeah, that article is classic trolling -- let's make these perfectly fine ingredients sound scary. FoodBabe would be proud of Ms. Breyer.

+1
  • bpetrosky
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Wow, you're right. Interesting sponsorship model, too. I wonder if the sponsors can commission hit piece articles against their non-sponsoring competition...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Nature_Network

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is the devil's work. Wendy's is much better. They have Frostys . . . and Triples.
    I cannot stand their fries.

Their fries or What a Burgers fries really

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

Everyone knows eating any food one did not grow and prepare means eating a lot of unknowns.
    What goes on in the food processing plants and back in the kitchen can still be a wild card.
    Exactly. I can say from my experience that there are so many things (some of which could be considered unethical) related to food preparation that can go on in a commercialized kitchen that people have no clue about.

• willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options

Exactly. I can say from my experience that there are so many things (some of which could be considered unethical) related to food preparation that can go on in a commercialized kitchen that people have no clue about.

amen