30 LB GROUP

Options

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    I a still struggling with getting back on track....every time i decide to restart fresh on a Monday i do good all day until the evening, and that's when i want to binge on unhealthy food! I have even gained 4 lbs back!!!!! :( Help!!!!!

What are your calories allotted for the day? You may need to up them by 100 or so. Get rid of the unhealthy food. If it's not there, you can't binge on it. Don't wait until a particular day to "start again" If you fail on Wednesday, start over on Thursday, no need to wait until next Monday. That's a waste of days. It's a process. I've lost almost 70lbs and I have 20 more to go to be at my ultimate goal weight. There will always be up and down days, just stick with this.
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! I really appreciate the feedback!

• jwaggoner486
    jwaggoner486 Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well, eventually it happens @wahagent05! I've been looking at my 12 month and 6 month trends, because that is how I can see changes in sleep, diet and exercise making a difference. My weight chart is trending down!

Don't get frustrated. You're making changes and just need another "good day" to put things in perspective.

I gain or lose 5 pounds due to hormones every month, and I get too caught up in the success or failure of that weight shift, which really is just water! I'll keep checking my weight regularly, but will try to put it in context. Changes day to day and even week to week (depending on my cycle) can't get me down! Thank goodness I'm committed to tracking and can see this slow change over time.

So much drama over the first 5 lbs, and I have more to go! It is great to have friends to cheer with. You're inspiring me! And we'll do better together.

Ps - y'all are invited to friend me if you are looking for long-term support and encouragement.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Ok...i know my posts have been slacking lately...my apologies...i started a new job, and i have been sooo tired!
    Thank you to everyone who has been such a great support system for me! I am still struggling...I think my mistake was starting back on my carbs...i have been on LCHF diet since February, and now that I am consuming more carbs, my body seems to be in a lil bit of a shock! I am more sluggish now, low energy, weight gain etc...
    I usually pre-plan my meals, but if i do so now...I will only eat what i prepared for the next day! :(
    So...I am trying to reset everything...I just need 2-3 good days, but it is so hard to get thru one day lately w/o eating more than I should! I am moving less, and less b/c of fatigue! But I am refusing to regain the weight that I have loss! I am now up 4.4 lbs!!!
    To some that may not be an issue, but for me...i know when i am heading in the wrong direction! Gaining for me gets me discouraged, and from there I eat more, exercise less, and the weight increases which i cannot let happen this time around!
    But, I am gonna keep trying until i reach the day that I know in my mind i am back on track!
    ***I hate how extra lbs make you feel heavier! When i was 4 lbs lighter i remember thinking how light i felt...now...i feel like i'm carring around a sack of heavy rocks! These 4 ;bs have got to go!!!!! :D
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ok...i know my posts have been slacking lately...my apologies...i started a new job, and i have been sooo tired!
    Thank you to everyone who has been such a great support system for me! I am still struggling...I think my mistake was starting back on my carbs...i have been on LCHF diet since February, and now that I am consuming more carbs, my body seems to be in a lil bit of a shock! I am more sluggish now, low energy, weight gain etc...
    I usually pre-plan my meals, but if i do so now...I will only eat what i prepared for the next day! :(
    So...I am trying to reset everything...I just need 2-3 good days, but it is so hard to get thru one day lately w/o eating more than I should! I am moving less, and less b/c of fatigue! But I am refusing to regain the weight that I have loss! I am now up 4.4 lbs!!!
    To some that may not be an issue, but for me...i know when i am heading in the wrong direction! Gaining for me gets me discouraged, and from there I eat more, exercise less, and the weight increases which i cannot let happen this time around!
    But, I am gonna keep trying until i reach the day that I know in my mind i am back on track!
    ***I hate how extra lbs make you feel heavier! When i was 4 lbs lighter i remember thinking how light i felt...now...i feel like i'm carring around a sack of heavy rocks! These 4 ;bs have got to go!!!!! :D

@wahagent05 THIS IS THE EXACT REASON I DON'T WANT TO JUMP ON THAT STUPID SCALE! Stop weighing yourself! You need to set a start date, weigh yourself one last tie, and wait at least 6 weeks before weighing again. You might need to find a pretty workout drink to give you energy and get you pumped and psyched to get through a good workout....try that for a while...at least till you get back into your rhythm. Get your rest and plan your meals, low carb or not. This is another reason I don't like low carb diet. The minute you eat a little carb, your body starts to crave it and you have to start building that will power muscle all over again. Maybe try lowering your carbs, not eating carbs after lunch or something like that.
    Take measurements instead of scale watching.
    I'm in your boat but I'm working on jumping out. This is the first day of my week and I'm off to a great start!

I've already gone for a run and I'm eating my breakfast and I've counted it!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    I had pancakes with sugar free syrup and sausage
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I hope this post finds you in good spirits.

I too have around 30 pounds to lose. Right now I am 165, but am only 5'2". That puts my BMI at 30.18, which is Obese Class I. Now, I know that is not the only or best thing to go off of, but I am a very number oriented person. So, the scale, weight, BMI... those to me are definitive things which is why I am drawn to using those as an indication of health.

A little about me - married, father of 6 (yes, 6.) I have struggled with weight loss for about 15 years. Last year I actually lost 15 pounds, and did it in a healthy manner. Then life happened, and I was forced to take a job traveling. In approximately 5 months, I gained it all back, and have not been able to get back into the routine I had. I cannot find the motivation, I cannot find the self determination that I had previously. I am able to make it a few days, but then *POOF*! Its like a magic fat fairy sprinkles self doubt powder all over me and I am instantly no longer motivated to succeed.

I have been off and on this site for probably 5 years now. i have good days and bad. But i need to figure out how to make there be more good. My current job is an on call job, so I get very little sleep, as we are required to answer our phone within 2 rings. Most days when I am working, I have no access to a refrigerator, microwave, etc. We are limited on what we can take with us when out in the field, so most days its gas station foods like hotdogs, burritos, etc. Most of the fruit i find there is less than desirable. So as hard as I do work, I eat back everything plus a ton of crap fat, salt, and more chemicals than whats in a bottle of windex.

My job requires a physical every year. This year we had to do a spirometer test. Basically, you take a deep breath and force all the air out of your lungs into a tube... measures your lung capacity. Now, I have NEVER smoked - anything - cigars, cigarettes, etc... according to the test, I am a 35 (36 now) year old with lungs of a 65 year old smoker. Grrrrrrr...

So, long story short (too late, but thanks for reading if you did) - I am at a loss. I don't know why I can't find the same motivation I did before, and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for taking a few moments out of your day to read this. I hope you all have a blessed day.
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    JPBgrad98 wrote: »
    Good morning all. I hope this post finds you in good spirits.

I too have around 30 pounds to lose. Right now I am 165, but am only 5'2". That puts my BMI at 30.18, which is Obese Class I. Now, I know that is not the only or best thing to go off of, but I am a very number oriented person. So, the scale, weight, BMI... those to me are definitive things which is why I am drawn to using those as an indication of health.

A little about me - married, father of 6 (yes, 6.) I have struggled with weight loss for about 15 years. Last year I actually lost 15 pounds, and did it in a healthy manner. Then life happened, and I was forced to take a job traveling. In approximately 5 months, I gained it all back, and have not been able to get back into the routine I had. I cannot find the motivation, I cannot find the self determination that I had previously. I am able to make it a few days, but then *POOF*! Its like a magic fat fairy sprinkles self doubt powder all over me and I am instantly no longer motivated to succeed.

I have been off and on this site for probably 5 years now. i have good days and bad. But i need to figure out how to make there be more good. My current job is an on call job, so I get very little sleep, as we are required to answer our phone within 2 rings. Most days when I am working, I have no access to a refrigerator, microwave, etc. We are limited on what we can take with us when out in the field, so most days its gas station foods like hotdogs, burritos, etc. Most of the fruit i find there is less than desirable. So as hard as I do work, I eat back everything plus a ton of crap fat, salt, and more chemicals than whats in a bottle of windex.

My job requires a physical every year. This year we had to do a spirometer test. Basically, you take a deep breath and force all the air out of your lungs into a tube... measures your lung capacity. Now, I have NEVER smoked - anything - cigars, cigarettes, etc... according to the test, I am a 35 (36 now) year old with lungs of a 65 year old smoker. Grrrrrrr...

So, long story short (too late, but thanks for reading if you did) - I am at a loss. I don't know why I can't find the same motivation I did before, and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for taking a few moments out of your day to read this. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Can you focus on the amount of times you workout? Or number of days you stay on track instead of the scale? Or change one think a week or every month....change your focus? This month drink more water, cut out something? Take baby steps. Maybe not track your food but try eating on a smaller plate. Smaller portions....can you pack a cooler and Ice packs for food to be left in your car? Purchase healthier foods, fruits...
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Meal prep. ice chest. Plan ahead. You know how your week will be spent. Generally. Bring food along that keeps you fed. And keeps you on track. That lack of sleep thing is probably the biggest hurdle as it raises some metabolic issues. You can do this.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    1TheQueenB wrote: »

@wahagent05 THIS IS THE EXACT REASON I DON'T WANT TO JUMP ON THAT STUPID SCALE! Stop weighing yourself! You need to set a start date, weigh yourself one last tie, and wait at least 6 weeks before weighing again. You might need to find a pretty workout drink to give you energy and get you pumped and psyched to get through a good workout....try that for a while...at least till you get back into your rhythm. Get your rest and plan your meals, low carb or not. This is another reason I don't like low carb diet. The minute you eat a little carb, your body starts to crave it and you have to start building that will power muscle all over again. Maybe try lowering your carbs, not eating carbs after lunch or something like that.
    I'm in your boat but I'm working on jumping out. This is the first day of my week and I'm off to a great start!

Thank you for the feedback! However, I do not weigh myself daily! I weigh once a week which is normal for most ppl....i choose to weigh once a week b/c it usually keeps me on track....it lets me know if i have not exercised enough, or have overeaten. The scale for me is not the issue. Getting back on track is what i am struggling with at this time. I will take everything that you said into consideration. Thank you for your support!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I am definitely finding out more about how the LCHF diet affects the body once you start to consume more carbs! 1TheQueenB definitely hit on some real issues with the diet!
    I am now considering what my next step will be! I know that the diet definitely works for me, but do i want to feel like i'm on a roller coaster every time i consume carbs...definitely not!
    For now i am gonna try strength training with some cardio and see how that works for me! Will keep you posted!

Other than my woes....how is everyone else doing on their journey? Anyone having any issues, or success in doing anything new? Post and let us know! :)
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options

Thank you for the feedback! However, I do not weigh myself daily! I weigh once a week which is normal for most ppl....i choose to weigh once a week b/c it usually keeps me on track....it lets me know if i have not exercised enough, or have overeaten. The scale for me is not the issue. Getting back on track is what i am struggling with at this time. I will take everything that you said into consideration. Thank you for your support!

I think the scale for you was the issue and that's why I said to stop looking at it. You mentioned in your post that you gained 4 pounds so far and you felt discouraged but before, you were four pounds lighter and you felt lighter but that 4 pounds should not have made a difference in how you felt. My point about not looking at the scale is that we have to realize that whether we gain or lose weight, we still need to carry on the new lifestyle of exercising and making better choices in our food. The scale is going to point out to you loss or gain but the scale does not tell you that it is Water weight or muscular weight, it doesn't differentiate. it just tells you that you're lesser or heavier. My point in telling you to stay off the scale is so that you realize and understand that whether you lose or gain you still have to exercise. How is the scale going to make a difference in what your reaction is? You still need to exercise and eat right. You might need to check your weight once a month just so that you can reduce your caloric intake to reflect what weight you are at but you can also adjust by your clothes and try dropping 100 to 200 calories if you notice a difference in your clothes. That's what I would suggest. we need to step away from the scale and just exercise and eat right. we make the mistake of keeping track of our scale numbers and then going off of our diet because of a success or failure. But for the rest of our lives whether you're trying to lose weight or maintain you still need to eat right and exercise. that's where people make the mistake let's stop eating right because we reached our goal. no.....maintenance is even harder because you come to the realization that this is going to be lifelong. exercise and eat right, exercise and eat right, for the rest of your life no matter what the scale says.... make better choices reduce your portion size to normal sizes, that's what got us in trouble in the first place eating too much or not moving enough..... eating right and exercising no matter what the scale says is the key to losing and maintaining.
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    I know I was rambling but I've let the scale run me for so long...makes me happy..makes me sad....either way, gain or loss...I've found a reason to eat. Depressed? Eat. Happy? Eat.
    I don't want to look at the scale until I give myself time to form great habits. I figure if I'm doing the right thing, the weight will fall off eventually and/or I'll be healthier for eating better and working out. I'm trying to get out of race mentality cause races end at some point. If we worry about losing by a certain date or more than her or him, then what do we do when the race is done? I know to be successful, this has to be a life long journey....new lifestyle....new way of looking at food and being physical.
    I'm dropping the mic..I'm done
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I know I was rambling but I've let the scale run me for so long...makes me happy..makes me sad....either way, gain or loss...I've found a reason to eat. Depressed? Eat. Happy? Eat.
    I don't want to look at the scale until I give myself time to form great habits. I figure if I'm doing the right thing, the weight will fall off eventually and/or I'll be healthier for eating better and working out. I'm trying to get out of race mentality cause races end at some point. If we worry about losing by a certain date or more than her or him, then what do we do when the race is done? I know to be successful, this has to be a life long journey....new lifestyle....new way of looking at food and being physical.

honey, idk wut i wud do w/o ur support! You have been on this thread with me longer than anyone! I am doing better now, i'm back on my LCHF diet, so i have lost a lb....pushing towards more! I put da scale under my bed, will keep you infomed of my progress!!!!

Thank you so much for always been ther with a TRUTHFUL word when i need it most!!!! :)

• 1TheQueenB
    Options

honey, idk wut i wud do w/o ur support! You have been on this thread with me longer than anyone! I am doing better now, i'm back on my LCHF diet, so i have lost a lb....pushing towards more! I put da scale under my bed, will keep you infomed of my progress!!!!

Thank you so much for always been ther with a TRUTHFUL word when i need it most!!!! :)

YAY!! So excited to see you are back on track! You Can Do This! "Shoot for the Moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars. . . . . "
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    happy to report that I've lost 29 of my 30 pounds :smiley:
  • wahagent05
    Options
    happy to report that I've lost 29 of my 30 pounds :smiley:

let us know how you lost the weight! I'm sure that it will be beneficial for someone!!!! :) Thanks for posting!
  • wahagent05
    Options

YAY!! So excited to see you are back on track! You Can Do This! "Shoot for the Moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars. . . . . "

Yes...i am back on track...i know the next week or two will be challenging, but i'm up for it!!!! so excited to be getting my motivation back!!!! Wooooohoooo!!!!! Thanks AGAIN everyone for your words of encouragement!!!! :)B)<3<3<3