30 LB GROUP

Options

Replies

• 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    1TheQueenB... I coild hardley believe your post...OMG... i have been feeling the same EXACT way on my low carb journey! My carbs and calories are getting lower and lower as well. We obviously are not doing something right! But plz do not give up, let's tackle this together! There is definitely a solution, we just have to search for it! Right now, my scale is barely moving! When i first started i loved this diet, but NOW, i'm not seeing any results from continuing it! Are you exercising? If so, what type of exercises are you doing, and how often? Let's figure this out together! The LCHF diet does work, it's just that we are tweaking something SOMEWHERE which is causing our set-back! Plz continue to search the forums, and I will search online, and lets post what our finding are! We will get back on track, but let's not get discouraged to the point of giving up! Our goal is to SUCCEED, and we are gonna do just that...TOGETHER!

I'm with you! @wahagent05... someone suggested upping the fat, lowering my protein, so I ate a grilled chicken sandwich with Mayo, I've had 37g carbs for today. I've been doing Jillian Michaels Body revolution and walking alternating with jogging....something everyday.
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    1TheQueenB...Everything sounds okay to me! How many grams of fat & protein are you taking in daily? I think i would suggest upping the fat and lowering the protein as well! The grilled chicken sandwich had more protein than fat, even with the mayo! What are your Daily Nutrition Goals set at? How many calories are you eating daily... on an average? Try to find high fat foods with LESS protein.

This is what i am doing! I am currently 25 carbs or less daily, My calories are set at 1200 per daily, but i sometimes lower that if i am not losing for a day or two.
    My DNG's are Carbs 10%.....Fat 70%.....and Protein 20%
    I have tweaked the above several times, finally getting to these numbers, and so far this seems to work best for ME! I am also drinking 4 bottles of water EVERYDAY! Also taking Multi-Vitamins, Potassium, Magnesium and B-complex vitamins daily!

I walk at least 2 miles per day alternating jogging as well! On the days that i DO NOT walk, i do some form of Cardio like HIIT, or TABATA along with a little strength training!

What has truly worked best for me has been Cardio in the A.M. and walking/jogging in the evening! But i honestly cannot do that each day! Some days it takes all i have to just exercise!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Found this in the Low Carb Forum :)

What will my weight loss progress look like?

Results vary, but you will typically go through three phases

Honeymoon: Lots of weight comes off fast. This is water that was tied up with glycogen. Note: if you don’t experience rapid weight loss in this period, do not despair. Not everyone is so lucky, and men may be more likely to see rapid initial weight loss than women.
    Keto Adaptation: Water and glycogen find a new balance and this causes a stall or even weight gain, which lasts for a week or two. Relax, this is both normal and temporary.
    Fully keto-adapted: After 3-4 weeks the body is burning fat as its main fuel and the brain has switched to running on ketones. A bumpy downward trend in your weight will begin. The trend is "bumpy" because there will be days or weeks when your weight stalls, or even goes up slightly. This happens to everyone, on every kind of weight-loss diet. Please don’t post to /r/keto that you gained a pound or two, or plateaued for a week. The trend will be especially bumpy if you are female. In particular, shark week will play hell with your scale weight.
    If a plateau lasts more than a couple of weeks, you may need to make adjustments to your lifestyle to break it.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I am now the TEAM CAPTAIN for the "Thin it to Win it" team for the Biggest Loser Challenge! I will be really busy from now until the end of April, trying to juggle this group and my new team. I will be checking HERE for questions and comments daily! If for any reason i do not respond in a timely manner, or accidently overlook your post, please send me a direct msg to my inbox, and i will get back with you before the end of the day!

I will still be posting info here in this group, so plz stay motivated, and plzzzzzz continue on your weight loss journey!

Feel free to post before & after pics; your progress; or comments/questions!
    Let us know if you are having a hard time! We are here to help you stay on track!
    Remember we are all here to help each other SUCCEED!
    Thank everyone!
  • MsPinkyButtercup
    MsPinkyButtercup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try to think about how you are feeling, how your clothes are fitting, and how your body is changing! Your focus should NEVER be just on the NUMBER that's on your SCALE!

True that! My goal is to lose 30 lbs too but I'm all about how I feel and the positive changes with my body. Plus I'd like my clothes to fit! Lol.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    When the INCHES start to come off, we do start to feel better about our bodies.... Regardless of what the scale may reflect!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    1TheQueenB...Everything sounds okay to me! How many grams of fat & protein are you taking in daily? I think i would suggest upping the fat and lowering the protein as well! The grilled chicken sandwich had more protein than fat, even with the mayo! What are your Daily Nutrition Goals set at? How many calories are you eating daily... on an average? Try to find high fat foods with LESS protein.

This is what i am doing! I am currently 25 carbs or less daily, My calories are set at 1200 per daily, but i sometimes lower that if i am not losing for a day or two.
    My DNG's are Carbs 10%.....Fat 70%.....and Protein 20%
    I have tweaked the above several times, finally getting to these numbers, and so far this seems to work best for ME! I am also drinking 4 bottles of water EVERYDAY! Also taking Multi-Vitamins, Potassium, Magnesium and B-complex vitamins daily!

I walk at least 2 miles per day alternating jogging as well! On the days that i DO NOT walk, i do some form of Cardio like HIIT, or TABATA along with a little strength training!

What has truly worked best for me has been Cardio in the A.M. and walking/jogging in the evening! But i honestly cannot do that each day! Some days it takes all i have to just exercise!

Same here!!! Good luck on your challenge!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Thank you 1TheQueenB
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    @wahagent05 btw, I made it onto Team Slimpossible!
  • wahagent05
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wooohoooo! Congrats 1THEQUEENB.....you made it onto a team! This is gonna be so motivational for us! Good luck honey!!! ppo70ldntx0d.jpg
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Wooohoooo! Congrats 1THEQUEENB.....you made it onto a team! This is gonna be so motivational for us! Good luck honey!!! ppo70ldntx0d.jpg

Thanks! WE GOT THIS!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Yes we do honey....YES WE DO!!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Ok...so i wanna share my c25k run for today! First of all, i am taking this slowly...my plans are NOT be running 5k in 2 months! I plan to push myself a lil more each day!

So, now that i have that out of the way...let me tell you about TODAY! I warm-up, get my motivational music ready, and start my c25k run. I immediately notice that it is about to rain, but I'M FOCUSED, so i start moving! About 1/4 ways thru my workout Alicia Keys song comes on "GIRL ON FIRE"...i start running farther, and faster, every time the chorus repeated i ran MORE! I was totally ignoring the lady voice on the c25k app! Then out of no where i throw my hands up like ROCKY and dance around in the street like i'm a boxer! LMBO! I though to myself.....my neighbors must think i'm craaaazy, but i didn't care! All i could think about while i was running is.....GIRL GET YOUR LIFE BACK....YOU CAN DO THIS! Sooo, i kept going! I could feel the sprinkles of rain starting to come down, but i said to myself...I WILL GET WET TODAY...I'M GONNA PUSH UNTIL I GET IT DONE...& i did! I am soooo proud of myself for pushing past my NORM and going the extra distance!

Hope this makes you :) ! Plz share your journey as well! Your story may make all the difference in someone's life!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Ok...so i wanna share my c25k run for today! First of all, i am taking this slowly...my plans are NOT be running 5k in 2 months! I plan to push myself a lil more each day!

So, now that i have that out of the way...let me tell you about TODAY! I warm-up, get my motivational music ready, and start my c25k run. I immediately notice that it is about to rain, but I'M FOCUSED, so i start moving! About 1/4 ways thru my workout Alicia Keys song comes on "GIRL ON FIRE"...i start running farther, and faster, every time the chorus repeated i ran MORE! I was totally ignoring the lady voice on the c25k app! Then out of no where i throw my hands up like ROCKY and dance around in the street like i'm a boxer! LMBO! I though to myself.....my neighbors must think i'm craaaazy, but i didn't care! All i could think about while i was running is.....GIRL GET YOUR LIFE BACK....YOU CAN DO THIS! Sooo, i kept going! I could feel the sprinkles of rain starting to come down, but i said to myself...I WILL GET WET TODAY...I'M GONNA PUSH UNTIL I GET IT DONE...& i did! I am soooo proud of myself for pushing past my NORM and going the extra distance!

Hope this makes you :) ! Plz share your journey as well! Your story may make all the difference in someone's life!

Great Job!!!! Very proud of you!!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Thank you!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    I'm working my way towards those 30 pounds...my new goal is to jog 40 miles this month and to maybe do an abs challenge since I need to focus on this area! So far I have jogged 4.77 miles for April...anybody have any April goals???
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Several ppl are on the Biggest Loser Challenge that started Apr 1 & continues for 30 Days!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Several ppl are on the Biggest Loser Challenge that started Apr 1 & continues for 30 Days!

That's awesome!